Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gintama

Millennium Army Earl angelic_error's Avatar

Gintama

*slaps head* wow I really should have put this up sooner -_- . anyways it is really funny and the story goes something like this
    The story takes place in Edo (known today as Tokyo because of the name change in 1868), Japan, which has been taken over by aliens called Amanto since the late Edo period. The samurai of Japan have fallen, and the Amanto placed a ban on carrying swords in public. The story focuses on an eccentric samurai with a natural perm, Sakata Gintoki, his (partial) apprentice Shimura Shinpachi, and a teenage alien girl: Kagura. All three are "free-lancers" who search for work in order to pay the monthly rent, which usually goes unpaid anyway.

there is alot of funny characters and they have several parodies to well known to famous animes. I recommend it since it always gives me a good laugh.

http://www.shinsen-subs.org/?page=distro to get gintama 1-23

http://rumbel-subs.fansub-torrents.com/ to get 21-31

http://www.rumbel-subs.com/ to get 32-34 and current

remember D. Gray-Man fans discuss the manga and anime at ROI and enter the contest too click me!

I have never heard of this show.

Oh! I love this manga! It's really funny, although a little inappropriate. Viz has just published the first volume. But I think Japanese or scans online are better. They change Shiro Yasha to White Knight.

Thanks Bushidodude for the sig and avatar!

Click to join!

Spoiler!

Millennium Army Earl angelic_error's Avatar
    I love this anime and hate viz because of death note....but back on topic I can't believe the death note parody they did I couldn't stop laughing XD

remember D. Gray-Man fans discuss the manga and anime at ROI and enter the contest too click me!

This manga freaking rocks. I love the titles of the chapters, its pure win. Gintoki is one of the most original/goofiest/laziest/funniest character of all time. The story has the right combination of comedy and slap-stick action (sometimes ending with a rather sad but durable tone)

Got some time? Give it a try. Totally worth it.
    "The leopard is a cruel lover. His tenderness breaks the gazelle's heart."

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_error View Post
    I love this anime and hate viz because of death note....but back on topic I can't believe the death note parody they did I couldn't stop laughing XD
    Is that one of the manga or anime? I stopped reading it a while becuase I want to accumulate and read all the chapter together(It's better 'cuase I don't have to wait for a week). As for the anime I couldn't find them.

Thanks Bushidodude for the sig and avatar!

Click to join!

Spoiler!

xD
    This series is awesome!
    It's one of my favorites.

More at
    My Deviantart

Heir of the will of D
    The anime is hilarious all the time xD It's hard to sub since you need to know a lot about Japanese culture but it's so frickin funny.

I have up till volume 15 and recently I saw CH 191 up at MH. Does anyone know if there are anymore scanlations between the chapters 130-191?
    "The leopard is a cruel lover. His tenderness breaks the gazelle's heart."

in the Village of hidden the sand (Sunagakure) with Gaara.
    I love Gintama. Its funny. I like the big dog and Gin the best.

This is Gaara. Hes a bitch; but hes my sexy bitch.