Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Goals of Roots

Earlier I was searching the manga forums and found nobody has made any threads on what Roots is really trying to accomplish. Whether that is because of lack of information, or because nobody has really been very interested. Idk, but right now i'm going to try and see what it is exactly Roots is trying to do, and what threat they might serve in the future.
    The first time we learn about Roots is in Naruto 284 page 17 | One Manga, and in Naruto 285 page 17 | One Manga, where we find out about Danzou, the leader of Roots, and how he opposed Sarutobi, and how he fought for the role of 3rd Hokage.
    Next we see one of the members of Roots giving Sai a mission on Naruto 285 page 09 | One Manga, then we find out exactly what that mission is on, Naruto 303 page 02 | One Manga, Naruto 303 page 03 | One Manga [/url]., and Naruto 303 page 04 | One Manga. But then we find out Sai's true intentions on, Naruto 305 page 15 | One Manga
    Next get some insight on how Root members are trained on Naruto 285 page 11 | One Manga, and Naruto 285 page 12 | One Manga. Then we find out where these training methods come from on Naruto 303 page 09 | One Manga
    Finnally we hear J-man's speak his last words to Tsunade which are Naruto 367 page 13 | One Manga

Ok now hear's the question what is Roots planning and can it have anything to do with the upcoming battle with Akatsuki? Or is Kishi planning something else? And why hasn't Sai anwsered for failing his mission?
    Well let me know what you think cause at the moment my brain hurts trying to process it all.

Veteran Member What Is My Name?'s Avatar
    lots of research...good job. i think u may be right

I think assassinating Sasuke was the only thing that Roots was trying to accomplish for the time being. Yamato noted that Danzou was trying to protect Konoha in his own militaristic way by killing off the person that would soon become Orochimaru's next vessel. And Sai did answer to Danzou about his failure. Sai asked if he could stay with Team 7 and Danzou said something about, "Emotions lead to war..." or something like that.

whos roots?

Fear The Almighty Kona_Chan

Look at some of the links Wiseman posted.

okaaaayyyy thxxx =P i feel dumb now lol

if tsunade were to die, then i think danzou n roots will come to play a major part in the story

Yeah Danzou will probably be next hokage and we might get some sort of civil war.

nah i doubt danzou would ever be a hokage cause hes just not right for the job i mean the 6th hokage would either be naruto or some other person that is reallt noticed in the show

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    And Sai did answer to Danzou about his failure. Sai asked if he could stay with Team 7 and Danzou said something about, "Emotions lead to war..." or something like that.
    Hmm really suprised I missed that do u know what chapter thats on.