Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Lost in fathomed infinity Freakshow's Avatar

The new failure master = Sasuke

yup it`s true, I feel bad for the little brat

He's abandoned his friends for power, severed the bonds he had left and even though he still has feelings for his former team he chose to keep them hidden simply for killing his brother. He's lived with Orochimaru and his lackey for 2.5 while they experimented and did crazy activities all over and he's learned all he can learn from Orochimaru while fully utilizing the CS even more than ever. Then after a while he finally meets his brother in combat again and at the end his brother dies. All those years wasted on killing his brother come in handy as he's still alive after crazy consequences.

Now after all this he finds out his brother did it all to protect the shinobi world, Konoha but most importantly him even going as far as to give him his Doujutsu and what's even worse? He's in the same room helpless, broken, damaged, upset while this guy looms over him at full power. The same man his brother wants to keep away. All the while deep in his mind he knows that the bonds he's severed and the death of his brother has all come to this.

Now that has to be the largest slap in the face that's ever come to a character seen thus far in the series. Let alone, it's a kick in between the legs and a swift one with steel-toed boots at that. It's almost as though God's been playing Puppet Master with Sasuke and he's dancing at his expense. He isn't a "free" character and frankly it's very very sad. It's really as though Itachi and Madara have been leading Sasuke down a path on the road and life and even though Itachi had good intentions look where Sasuke ended up.

Now that hurts. I feel sad for Sasuke, that's terrible. As if it couldn't get worse he's in the worst possibly position as he could be. All those years wasted and now what. Really? Now what.

It's only going to get worse in the next 2 weeks when Madara explains everything to Sasuke. Talk about a different change of personality

Kishi made most of Sasuke's life pointless...
    Now hes only option is to go insane or I would personally suggest suicide!
    Itachi = 6\6 - succeed at ruining his brothers life! Even more right after his clan died.
    Sasuke= 0\6 - Sasuke is Itachi's puppet (I wonder who really is the true puppet master
    Madara= 3\6 for cleaning up the mess!

Kakashi: 6+\6 - for saying "Forget about revenge, you will gain nothing from it other than more pain"...

WOA this manga has gone crazy^^

What`s next?

I also feel bad for the guy, I mean his reasons for doing things are all human reactions, yet no matter what he does he is continuously put down for any of the following.

Being:

1. emo
    2. serious
    3. weak
    4. flawed
    5. manipulated
    6. strong
    7. grown-up
    8. born
    9. Uchiha
    10. too big a part of the manga

Basically, no matter what Sauske does, people will hate him. So honestly, "I hate Sauske thread #2,984,521," give it a rest already.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocat View Post
    I also feel bad for the guy, I mean his reasons for doing things are all human reactions, yet no matter what he does he is continuously put down for any of the following.

Being:

1. emo
    2. serious
    3. weak
    4. flawed
    5. manipulated
    6. strong
    7. grown-up
    8. born
    9. Uchiha

Basically, no matter what Sauske does, people will hate him. So honestly, "I hate Sauske thread #2,984,521," give it a rest already.
    You forgot being a fag on that list.

Being:

1. emo
    2. serious
    3. weak
    4. flawed
    5. manipulated
    6. strong
    7. grown-up
    8. born
    9. Uchiha

I reckon it's a trend. Ppl like to hate the "popular" to be "unique"

sasuke's totally screwed if wat madara said came to be true

Thats what im saying. He got the worst of the worst. After all that stuff he did, putting a whole village of people in danger by going to the man who tried to destroy it, for power, he still failed. He wasnt even able to kill itachi, he was powerless and ran out of moves. Luckily itachi never wanted to kill him

Originally posted by Howdy
    Do you idiots honestly think that Kishimoto will waste our time showing us a crippled Nagato lying in a hospital bed that Naruto can defeat just by switching off his life support machine?

Lets grab pitch forks and torches and go kill Sasuke. Personally I like him. Not my fav character. But I like him. Lets try coming up with an ORIGINAL thought for once, and make a thread about something no one else has thought up 3 months ago.
    LeggoMyWebbo

Being:

1. emo
    2. serious
    3. weak
    4. flawed
    5. manipulated
    6. strong
    7. grown-up
    8. born
    9. Uchiha

Sasuke isn't my favorite character but i do like him, i think his role is essential to the series. He's the antagonist of the story. Attempt to save him showcases naruto's true heart of a shinobi who'd die to protect his friends and village. Advocat, u make a good point but i u need to take some things into consideration.

1-2. Sasuke is definitely emotional and serious, it's understandable after what he's been thru at such a young age.
    3. He was weak at one point, reason he went to orochimaru. But u can't excuse his reasons as human reactions as simply wanting revenge, he's not the only one who's suffered yet others have still chosen to do the right thing like not betray the village, take kakashi for example.
    4. He's flawed in the fact that he chose the wrong path and now has to suffer it's consequences. Naruto has flaws as well but least naruto has always done the right thing.
    5. He was definitely manipulated first by his brother, for good or bad reasons, then by orochimaru, now prolly by madara, no doubt bout that.
    6. His growth in his strength compared to naruto never really bothered me that much but u have to wonder what was the price of that strength. u have to admit it was funny when he was cowering with fear after Susanoo whooped his ass. All that time training wasn't enough, sasuke had chosen revenge over his village's safety, paid a huge price for that revenge and it still wasn't enough.
    9-10. Him being an uchiha and now gaining the mangekyou sharingan definitely relates to his ability to control the kyubi inside naruto. I think his role in the manga is 45% to naruto's 55%, the story tells of 2 friends who went on different paths, one wrong and one right, one struggling to save the other, and how they'll meet again, maybe on opposite sides of the spectrum.

Freakshow did make a good point too, what has sasuke achieved other than causing the death of a ninja who was trying to protect konoha and save the shinobi world. Sasuke did everything wrong but was too arrogant and full of hatred, he couldn't see that he was walking a path of failure and more pain as kakashi tried to explain to him. He'll come to realize this in next few chapters, don't know what he'll do from then on. But I think he's far beyond saving and naruto will come to realize this eventually but will still try to save him. All of sasuke's failures are adding up to something, i think that he'll turn evil under madara's tutoring. How ironic if Itachi did all he could to save him but sasuke chooses the wrong path again. Then he'll doublecross madara for his own gain, and will eventually die at the hands of naruto after a major fight. After all that's happening, i really believe sasuke will die somehow at the end.

my 2 cents
    Last edited by Rokudaime Sennin ™; 04-20-2008 at 10:36 AM.

@godofwar

Most of your points would normally elicit sympathy from most people... lol. Except for putting the leaf in danger. But then Naruto does that all the time so can't put him out of the equation

The only point i make is that you said Sasuke was "the new master of failure".
    This suggests he wasn't the old master of failure, which he clearly was (come on, being repeatedly bested by a mentally disabled ninja who failed 3 years in a row, who he only beat because he refused to fight back?)