Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosRising View Post
    It's hard to say, Nel mentions to Nnoitra in one of the flashbacks that Aizen sent them to find the Vasto Lorde's, it never really says if they were in fact Vasto Lorde's. Going by masks, Nel is more likely to be one than Nnoitra though.
    Yeah, really really hard to say. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure.

I think people are getting confused with this VL menos class thing. From my view, all current Espada and previous Espada except #9 were VL class menos. Grimmjow is definately a VL menos as Shawlong said it himself that Grimmjow was destined to continue on evolving into a VL. Just because they showed a flash back of Grimmjow as Adjuchas doesn't mean he never evolved into a VL.

When an Arrancar releases their sword they revert back to their previous form as a Hollow. You can determine which class menos they were previously just by looking at the size of their released form.

Human size release forms: (VL Class)

Former Espada: Dordonii, Thunderwich, Afro, Nel

Current Espada: # Nnoitra, Grimmjow, Zommari Leroux, Szayel Aporro Granz

All of their releases were of human shape form, even the former espada. Human shape form doesn't mean they'll look human when release, it's just their bodies are of same shape or size as a human.

Medium size release forms: (Adjuchas class)

Shawlong, Edrad, Yylfordt Granz, Tesla

Even though they look human as an Arrancar but when released they no longer look human or come close to human sized or shape.

Huge release forms: (Gillian Class)

Aaroniero Arruruerie

This is probably the only Gillian release form we've seen. I was thinking maybe Grand Fisher was a Gillian Arrancar also.

Quote from Ishida in Bleach Chapter 144 (Anime) 11 mins

"Apparently the group that Grimmjow brought with him were a mixture of Gillian to Adjuchas class Arrancar. When Menos Grande breaks its mask and becomes Arrancar, it usually takes on a human like body. But only the most powerful class, the Vasto Lorde, have 100% chance of successfully taking on human shape. A large number of the other two classes aren't able to fully take on a human form after becoming Arrancar and the lower their intelligence is, the more they resemble ordinary hollows."

Grimmjow's release looked more like an animal than human to me. Zomari's release isn't what I'd call human-like. The same goes for Syazel. And didn't Aaroniero state that none of the current espada are Vasto Lordes.

Seriously, if Aizen had already found 6 out of 10 VLs he was looking for so quickly, he should have found 4 more with ease. Especially since I'd suspect VLs would be located in the same general area.

I think you're missing the point Afro. If you notice when Current and Former Espada release their sword, their release form is significantly smaller compared to the others. Thus, this is why they are VL as their body figure is more smaller (human size) compared to Gillian and Adjuchas.
    Last edited by Nhaw; 04-29-2008 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i heil Binktopia!. *bows* vidzey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    Grimmjow's release looked more like an animal than human to me. Zomari's release isn't what I'd call human-like. The same goes for Syazel. And didn't Aaroniero state that none of the current espada are Vasto Lordes.

Seriously, if Aizen had already found 6 out of 10 VLs he was looking for so quickly, he should have found 4 more with ease. Especially since I'd suspect VLs would be located in the same general area.
    the bold part = maybe the 9th espada is lying. lolz. if he's not, then i'll stick to the hypothesis that currently, all espadas are in adjuchas class menos and not vasto lordes.

the underlined part = exactly.

-----

thank god i'm an atheist!

I think you're missing the point Afro. If you notice when Current and Former Espada release their sword, their release form is significantly smaller compared to the others. Thus, this is why they are VL as their body figure is more smaller (human size) compared to Gillian and Adjuchas.

i heil Binktopia!. *bows* vidzey's Avatar
    let me just remind you Nhaw, that the vl's form itself appears almost completely humanoid. only arrancars have their resurrección or release, because aizen made them with shinigami powers. and atm, no one can say that [except tk himself], a vl's full form is sealed in a zanpakutō.

-----

thank god i'm an atheist!

Nhaw its just really really doubtful that any of the espada we have seen fight have been vasto lordes, the strength just isn't there and i doubt that they would throw out VLs like that and make the 'winter war' so anti climactic.

So for me, until any of the Espada in question (1-6) come out and say they are VLs, Im just gonna assume that they are Adjuchas class Menos.

They have similiar to human body size because they are Arrancar, not because they were Vasto Lorde to begin with.

It hasn't been comfirmed in the Manga that any of the Espada are from Vasto Lorde class menos. In fact, most of them have been disqualifed for being Vasto Lorde because they were Adjuchas. In flashbacks it showed us their Adjuchas' form, and it was comfirmed (they went from Adjuchas to Arrancar) when they released their Zanpakutos. Grimmjow = Panther Adjuchas/ Arrancar Grimmjow = Cat Man.