Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Naruto yall this is not my theory but wen i read this my heart fell out of my chest

Everyone remember back to the massacre when Sasuke asked why Itachi had done it. The answer can "to test my container." Now, like almost everyone I assumed that meant his powers of his capacity to let go or some sick ninja thing like that. But with all these Madara-is-in-Obito's-body-omg theories going around, it makes you think. What if Madara had a way to transfer bodies faster and more efficiently than Orochimaru? If that is the case, for whatever reason he possessed Itachi and killed the clan.

Or maybe it was some sort of complicated henge. Why? Look at the timeline. Seven years before the start of the series (Naruto finding out he's a Jinchurriki) Orochimaru leaves Akatsuki. We've heard Kabuto say it when Oro was waiting for Sasuke to get there, we've heard Jiraiya say it, although I can't remember the exact context. That's a fact anyway. However, Sasuke was seven when the clan was killed, making that 5 years ago. So that makes two years where we know Itachi was part of Akatsuki, but had not abandoned his clan yet. In Orochimaru's flashback when he finally makes a move to take Sasuke's body we see that Itachi's headband is slashed. But at the massacre, it's clean. Conclusion, he was either using another headband (why would he go through the trouble of doing that?) or he wasn't Itachi. *dramatic music*

What are your predictions?

It was Itachi....

you're too troublesome Shikamaru-sensei's Avatar
    im sure the changing of a headband is not so farfetched though...

Yea, Naruto came back to the village with a new headband so acquiring one isn't such a big deal.

I think it was Itachi, but you bring up an interesting point with the headband thing. As you know at the end of the latest chapter it shows Itachi in his Akatsuki clothes but he has an un-slashed headband on. I don't think it's anything really huge though.

Que gatito mas leeendo!!! hikonami's Avatar
    probably itachi..........
    he could have slashed it later....no need to get it slash in a battle

interesting, though i feel kishi might have done a mistake while drawing the forhead protector, but abt 'testing my container', it could mean, like you say, madara taking over itachi, though that would reduce itachi's badassness n increase madara's by far

1 simple thing to prove that the henge point is wrong: When Itachi used Mangekyou sharingan it was his and only his. I doubt that Madara could have imitated another MS shape

Actually the phrase " test my container" is a mistranslation, container = capacity, if u can read the chinese version or the japanese version, that is what it meant.

I think container = capacity was easily understood as Itachi testing his power. No big deal.