View Poll Results: Rate the chapter

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buggy is a warlord

    7 53.85%
  • Amazing!!

    6 46.15%
  • Good

    0 0%
  • Bad

    0 0%
  • Terrible

    0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41
  1. #31
    Unsure of the translation... Is the Dragon Going to Evolve?. because it faced an opponent and was easily overpowered/ defeated once?
    If so Was there a limit to how many times it can evolve?

    And how in the world did Caribou's brother live?
    They were way too deep in the sea, + he should automatically sink from the DF?



    Quote Originally Posted by Saiges View Post
    Like most VA's. And Vergo will own Sanji i'm sure.

    If Vergo and Smoker are G-5's Toppers, how the hell are they dealing with Beastly NW pirates?
    Also, nice display of Sanji's CoO, it's more advanced than Zoro's it seems.

    Think arisart said it best.

    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Sanji vs Vergo, NICE!! It's either we have been overestimating Vergo's power or underestimating the strawhats. This will be fun to watch as it last. I'm afraid the smoke monster would interfere the fight. Basing on how Zoro just let Sanji go (and Luffy's happy go luck attitude throughout the arc) I'm gonna say that he will put up a great fight against him.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Regarding Tashigi, she is of Captain class, and for someone of Captain class, she's adequately strong. I mean I can see her fighting on par against Smoker of Logue Island. I can see her ahead of that Skeleton Swordsmen Captain the Zoro defeated on the way to Enes Lobby. As a Captain, she's strong. It's just that compared to VA's, she's lacking, and who can blame her. The people who've taken her down, that being Law and Vergo, are both above that of her superior, Smoker. How did you expect her to flare? If anything I would say she's on par with Zoro pre-timeskip (she has haki so she can deal with the logia's Zoro can, however in a straight fight she'll prob still lose though).

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    I just don't get the point of her character.

    -She's supposed to be a voice of morality for Smoker, but Smoker really isn't lacking in the morals department himself.
    -She's supposed to be a challenger to Zoro, but *laughs ass off*

    I can handle seeing her get defeated over and over by really strong characters (Law, Vergo, a freaking dragon, apparently). What I can't handle is seeing her lying on the ground CRYING after taking one shot, literally begging for Smoker to come and save her ass!
    Agreed except the thing about professional swordsmen/ women is unless they are like way to weak or the sword badly made; it really should be able to block/ deflect more powerful attacks to a point and as some1 said to be anywhere near the now laughably unrealistic challenger to Zolo, blocking a more powerful attack is the least she should be able to do, but didn't. And while possessing haki the strengths of theirs in comparison could still be vastly different.
    The crying really did seem out of character, almost like just to have a reason to get Sanji on the scene, but suppose only time will tell.

    But I would like to see Sanji get to the point where he isn't breaking out his trump cards at the very beginning of every fight. Like when Mr...Cuddles(?)--you know, the lion dude from Big Mam's crew--"fought" Caribou. He didn't use "Turtle Turtle no Backhand of a Thousand Pimps". He just punched Caribou in his shit. And I'd like to see Sanji do more of that--Just kick folks in the ass, then apply his Diablo Jamble techniques as needed. You don't see Zoro growing 6 heads and 12 arms when he first engages every opponent.
    Well when Sanji, Zolo, and Luffy knocked Caribou away together, they were all probably normal just hitting him/ or with a bit of haki. Judging by Caribou's surprise to being hit, he's just so weak/ new to haki, add a little and you can send him flying. So no wonder already knowing Caribou was a logia he did the same. It just goes to tell for Vergo at least that he was strong enough for Sanji to go at him with no mercy on the 1st strike, unless it was just a testament to just how angry he was at him for harming a woman. 1 or the other


    As for Sanji being more proficient at CoO. There's no real evidence of that.
    @BlackRiot:
    From your argument, you said that the haki users will lean to one side. But if you look at it from that point of view, don't forget that Zoro was the first of the 3 to unlock CoO (on Alabasta). If anything, that would mean Zoro was more suited for CoO haki. Either way though, as Athary said, both Sanji and Zoro's haki pale in comparison to Luffy's. And Zoro pays as much attention to Swordsmen as Sanji does to women. If anything, having only one eye would force Zoro to be more attentive. As mentioned, the reason he didn't go save Tashigi is that he felt no reason to, unlike Sanji who's charged by ero-power.
    Actually if you see Luffy's insight/ vision during the war that Mihawk's next slice would cut off his arms, as a emerging beginning form of CoO. Then you could also see that insight Luffy had when 1st facing Croc that his attack although greatly just sand could seriously slice Luffy as also his 1st very minor usage of CoO. Making him the 1st of the 3. And also judging by Coby during the war; maybe in general CoO is what most beings experienced 1st in their own bodies to open them up for the other 2. Even if somehow the trio is more proficient at the others CoC, or CoO, think they will all strengthen CoA to the max they can towards the end of the series, because the other 2 probably won't be as important in their final fights, + what BB said to Luffy in ID about his haki increase in strength showing from his attack, basically makes me think CoA gets stronger partly just from the aware CoA user getting stronger, and possibly they not even need be aware of their haki. But agree, possibly too soon to tell if Sanji is more proficient than Zolo at CoO proficiency. But with Brook's power development aiding his ero habits, wouldn't be surprised if Sanji's CoO took the same direction.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    I reckon Vergo is going to beat Sanji. I mean put it this way, Sanji is injured, while Vergo is the top of all the VA's at G5. If we split the VA's into 3 levels, with 3 being pretty much on par with the Admirals (looking at Garp), 1 being the noobies and 2 being those with experience, Vergo would go between 2 and 3. I would pout Sanji on par with a level 1 VA. I mean, if you look at Vergo after he got back up, it's like he wasn't really phased by that kick at all. And Sanji had used most of his moves on that already (his foot was on fire, plus the aerial boost).
    Ariel boost?
    Either way think you're underestimating Sanji a bit, and overestimating Vergo.

    Also note, I'm very interested in Luffy's development of his G2. I mean we've seen him use FireFist (Red Hook), and we know that his body heats up when he uses G2, but now it heats up to the point that w/e he runs, he leaves a trail of fire behind him. Does that mean that there are 2 stages of G2 for him now? A normal G2 which won't have any after affects anymore (unlike pre-timeskip where he gets really worn out) and a Turbo G2 where he heats up so much and he pretty much is on fire.
    Interesting idea, but think flames from running could possibly be more symbolic of Luffy itching to fight after being contained for so long.

    Quote Originally Posted by athary View Post
    sanji is not gonna be beaten up becuz he already was beated' (in a way)
    i doubt oDa is gonna let the SH be beaten twice, same for luffy.
    most likely someone is gonna but in.
    it's kinda crazy sanji getting the main villian to fight and luffy vs CC

    Is the fight being broadcasted ? we saw cc and monet watching so are the other brokers watching to ?
    Was thinking we never seen characters get jumps in bounty beyond their positions, but even coming close to a VA in a fight could instantly push him beyond Zolo's bounty, or even potential bounty raises, especially if Sanji's the only 1 to fight a Navy member.



    Has any1 thought it possible, this whole time, that Law just played along to the enemies having his heart, sort of similar to the ways Caribou let himself be captured at 1st? Acting in pain for a liar like Law would be quite easy, or even just switching which heart they have in secret, when it suits him. Doubt after all this time Law hasn't or didn't possess ways of using his powers by hidden means.

    P. S.- Love how finally some1 called Smoker on his laziness getting to fly everywhere, while others have to run.
    Never thought I'd feel sorry for Brownbeard. Damn SH's don't play once they've decided something, also using him as a coatrack. Creepy how seamlessly they did it all.
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    370
    Tashigi crying after that attack is perfectly reasonable given the situation.

    She was just saved moments ago thanks to her subordinates sacrificing their own lives to get her through that closing door. Now enter Virgo, one of G-5's leaders whose completely won over the adoration of these "2nd rate", marginalized, former thugs turned marines, who immediately beings annihilating Tashigi's remaining men, revealing a betrayal so unexpected they actually believe it's someone in disguise even while they're getting slaughtered. Tashigi, watching this unfolding horror, launches herself at an opponent she knows she can't stop, desperately attempting to protect her remaining subordinates. And, she promptly takes an haki-enhanced backhand to the face.

    And you people are knocking her because she's crying?

    Whatever.

  3. #33
    首はねスレイマン Saiges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Battle of Dias
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    Was there any considerable doubt that he lost this position?

    Yea, the day he was running like an Okama in gay island lol


    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    What made you think that Sanji has a higher level of CoO than Zoro? They both noticed Vergo's presence at the same time. Sanji just went back to help while Zoro didn't give a damn. And actually Zoro leans more on CoO than Sanji. Just look back at Alabasta arc where he dodged the falling rocks. I say they are both really balanced but both probably took more time in trying to master their CoA. I also think that Zoro might also have CoC while Sanji does not. The Dragon can be a good tool for Zoro to use his CoC if ever he has one.
    For me it was the falling tear of Tashigi which Sanji mentioned, not really confirming a difference but still :x
    I also think what Zoro used in Alabasta was Haki, the very first straw hat to use it.
    What I have in mind is: Sanji's CoO > Zoro's. While Zoro's CoA > Sanji/Luffy's. I also think Zoro has CoC(or the potential to unlock it) while Sanji never will.
    __________________________________________


  4. #34
    Master of Bludging ChaosMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    Agreed except the thing about professional swordsmen/ women is unless they are like way to weak or the sword badly made; it really should be able to block/ deflect more powerful attacks to a point and as some1 said to be anywhere near the now laughably unrealistic challenger to Zolo, blocking a more powerful attack is the least she should be able to do, but didn't. And while possessing haki the strengths of theirs in comparison could still be vastly different.
    The crying really did seem out of character, almost like just to have a reason to get Sanji on the scene, but suppose only time will tell.
    To me, Tashigi's strength is about right. I mean as she is now, she could give any of the pre-timeskip pirates a run for their money. Even Alabasta Smoker would lose. However, since Oda has shown that Law has improved to the point of being able to defeat VA Smoker, to have Tashigi able to hold up against him wouldn't make sense. The tears also made perfect sense though. The amount of trust those of the G5 had put into Vergo was all a lie, and then getting killed off by Vergo without knowing the reason, no crap Tashigi would cry. Especially since we've seen that the G5 men, although crude, really stand for each other, like how they saved her from the gas while sacrificing themselves.

    Well when Sanji, Zolo, and Luffy knocked Caribou away together, they were all probably normal just hitting him/ or with a bit of haki. Judging by Caribou's surprise to being hit, he's just so weak/ new to haki, add a little and you can send him flying. So no wonder already knowing Caribou was a logia he did the same. It just goes to tell for Vergo at least that he was strong enough for Sanji to go at him with no mercy on the 1st strike, unless it was just a testament to just how angry he was at him for harming a woman. 1 or the other

    Ariel boost?
    Either way think you're underestimating Sanji a bit, and overestimating Vergo.
    Luffy was the only one who hit Caribou, and it was pretty much a 1 hit kill. Thus the reason why Sanji was crying, because he didn't get to hit Caribou, thus didn't get the hug from Shirohoshi.
    As for Sanji kicking hard, yeah, that was part of his anger. And hopefully the anger gives him a power up to hold off. I don't believe I'm under or overestimating anyone. Fact is that Law is about equal to Luffy and Zoro. Sanji typically has been slightly below them. We saw Law take out Smoker, and Vergo is above that of Smoker (even if Smoker reckons he can take him). At best, they would be on par, but Sanji is currently injured. The only hope is that Sanji's ero-power does boost him up by that much.

    Actually if you see Luffy's insight/ vision during the war that Mihawk's next slice would cut off his arms, as a emerging beginning form of CoO. Then you could also see that insight Luffy had when 1st facing Croc that his attack although greatly just sand could seriously slice Luffy as also his 1st very minor usage of CoO. Making him the 1st of the 3. And also judging by Coby during the war; maybe in general CoO is what most beings experienced 1st in their own bodies to open them up for the other 2. Even if somehow the trio is more proficient at the others CoC, or CoO, think they will all strengthen CoA to the max they can towards the end of the series, because the other 2 probably won't be as important in their final fights, + what BB said to Luffy in ID about his haki increase in strength showing from his attack, basically makes me think CoA gets stronger partly just from the aware CoA user getting stronger, and possibly they not even need be aware of their haki. But agree, possibly too soon to tell if Sanji is more proficient than Zolo at CoO proficiency. But with Brook's power development aiding his ero habits, wouldn't be surprised if Sanji's CoO took the same direction.
    I think that Coby thing is more from experience that he gained from fighting the CP9.
    I do agree that all three of them will have to work on their CoA, although I do believe Luffy's CoA is about as good as it can get. If anything, for Luffy, it's more about his actual strength now.
    Interesting idea, but think flames from running could possibly be more symbolic of Luffy itching to fight after being contained for so long.
    I agree about the itching to fight part. Which is why he went G2+ instead of just running or using G2. As far as I'm concerned, Luffy has 2 levels of G2. We all know how G2 works right, and why there was steam coming out of his body. Well G2+ basically means his pushing his body even further, think SSJ2, which would allow his body to move even faster and have much more power. The side effect would be even greater heat generation, thus the burning. We can assume that it's the G2+ that allowed him to use the firefist/red hawk on Hodi.
    Was thinking we never seen characters get jumps in bounty beyond their positions, but even coming close to a VA in a fight could instantly push him beyond Zolo's bounty, or even potential bounty raises, especially if Sanji's the only 1 to fight a Navy member.
    I do believe all of the SH's will get a new bounty after this. The WG know that the SH's have improved. The question is how much. The thing is that if the WG reconises that Sanji can take on a VA, then his captain and the first mate must too be stronger. I mean if you put it another way, Vergo is way stronger than Ceaser. If Sanji for some reason beats Vergo, then wouldn't his bounty have to jump up way above that of Zoro's and even Luffy's? Especially since Ceaser is ranked below Luffy anyway (300 vs 400 mill bounty), so Luffy won't really get anything out of beating Ceaser.

    Has any1 thought it possible, this whole time, that Law just played along to the enemies having his heart, sort of similar to the ways Caribou let himself be captured at 1st? Acting in pain for a liar like Law would be quite easy, or even just switching which heart they have in secret, when it suits him. Doubt after all this time Law hasn't or didn't possess ways of using his powers by hidden means.

    P. S.- Love how finally some1 called Smoker on his laziness getting to fly everywhere, while others have to run.
    Never thought I'd feel sorry for Brownbeard. Damn SH's don't play once they've decided something, also using him as a coatrack. Creepy how seamlessly they did it all.
    I'm sure Law has a way to get his heart back. However, I doubt it's going to be as easy as you say. Especially since Ceaser and Vergo could easily just seal it away in a seastone safe. And the heart that Vergo had was definetly his, or else he wouldn't have reacted before he even realised who Vergo was.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,042
    Im glad its Sanji going after a VA, he needed that boost in his reputation as being on par with Zoro, I hope he stands his ground and may even do a little damage to this guy. Either way Im really loving this arc, it brings me back to the old OP days where every fight was fun and adventurous with lots of comedy but also cool moves and powerful scenes. Im really excited to see the end of this arc! Can't wait for them to start adventuring again!
    A pie in the sky?

  6. #36
    The Heropon! Sirxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hammerspace
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiges View Post
    Yea, the day he was running like an Okama in gay island lol
    HA! Blackriot69 has been officially got :-P

    Quote Originally Posted by Moork View Post
    Tashigi crying after that attack is perfectly reasonable given the situation.

    She was just saved moments ago thanks to her subordinates sacrificing their own lives to get her through that closing door. Now enter Virgo, one of G-5's leaders whose completely won over the adoration of these "2nd rate", marginalized, former thugs turned marines, who immediately beings annihilating Tashigi's remaining men, revealing a betrayal so unexpected they actually believe it's someone in disguise even while they're getting slaughtered. Tashigi, watching this unfolding horror, launches herself at an opponent she knows she can't stop, desperately attempting to protect her remaining subordinates. And, she promptly takes an haki-enhanced backhand to the face.

    And you people are knocking her because she's crying?

    Whatever.
    Nope. I am not making this purchase. This is just like her crying after being defeated by Law (after he refuses to kill her)--She cries too damn much. And I think it's only cause she's a woman.

    And care to explain away the "Smoker, please come save us!" line?! I'd love to hear someone's explanation of why that is acceptable from any marine at any point. It would've been WAY better if Oda had had her say something like "Smoker, please come save THEM!" or something. But the begging for her own ass after being defeated just makes me despise her character.

    THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!



    Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Blackriot69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    872
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiges View Post
    Yea, the day he was running like an Okama in gay island lol




    For me it was the falling tear of Tashigi which Sanji mentioned, not really confirming a difference but still :x
    I also think what Zoro used in Alabasta was Haki, the very first straw hat to use it.
    What I have in mind is: Sanji's CoO > Zoro's. While Zoro's CoA > Sanji/Luffy's. I also think Zoro has CoC(or the potential to unlock it) while Sanji never will.
    Well played sir...well played.

    Finally! Someone is seeing or at least agreeing with that I am hypothesizing. Really it shouldn't matter who awakened to their haki first; the fact of the matter is that the MT has and each presumeably has their strengths with it. Sanji with CoO, Zoro with CoA, and Luffy with CoC. Although I'm sure Luffy far exceeds both Zoro and Sanji in haki power (it was what he was strengthening the entire 2 years), I think you have a valid point, too, in that Zoro (and maybe Sanji) has the potential to become like Silvers Rayleigh and awaken to all three types.

  8. #38
    Hee Hee Hee XD aggeroff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    where there is food
    Posts
    2,013
    You know, the whole Fire Ice and Steel thing that Kinemon Brook and Zoro share reminds me of Natsu Grey and Erza from Fairy Tail. (I'm probably not the first to say this either)
    Last edited by aggeroff; 09-11-2012 at 12:37 AM.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off


  9. #39
    Senior Member Goddamn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    I wish Tashigi would do less sucking though, at some point. I'm tired of seeing her get one-shotted all over the place just because she's a woman. Oda is finally allowing Sanji some shine, so it's not all bad! If he defeats an entire vice admiral, he will have retained his position amongst the monster trio.

    But who is Smoker going to fight now...
    Where the hell did u get that he gets one shotted just because she's a woman? Oda has plenty of strong woman characters. Smokers crybaby just seems to be weak for other reasons. If u were trolling with that comment, okay, u got me, but that has nothing, simply nothing, to do with her being a woman.

    Other than that, Sanji being clearheaded? As someone else said, no, Robin is the only one in the whole group. Others all have their distractions. Robin had hers before the waterthingies, and even then she was the most clearthinking one. Sanji being awesome tho, sure.

    More looking forward into Sanji fightiing Vergo than Luffy taking on Poisondude. And still looking for Zoro to get a good challenger!

  10. #40
    Luffy was the only one who hit Caribou, and it was pretty much a 1 hit kill. Thus the reason why Sanji was crying, because he didn't get to hit Caribou, thus didn't get the hug from Shirohoshi.
    As for Sanji kicking hard, yeah, that was part of his anger. And hopefully the anger gives him a power up to hold off. I don't believe I'm under or overestimating anyone. Fact is that Law is about equal to Luffy and Zoro. Sanji typically has been slightly below them. We saw Law take out Smoker, and Vergo is above that of Smoker (even if Smoker reckons he can take him). At best, they would be on par, but Sanji is currently injured. The only hope is that Sanji's ero-power does boost him up by that much.
    Actually Sanji's opponents have always been a bit below Zolo's and Luffy's, yet Zolo's are usually below Luffy's opponents as well yet people consider them possible equals. Yet Sanji tends to deal with his "weaker" opponents quicker, easier without looking ragged in the end, and half or less than half the damage. Besides those little mini- fights he has with Zolo tends to end in ties, not Zolo completely dominating. Which to me Indicates Oda is saying without saying if he had stronger equal opponents then Sanji has just as much chance as the rest of the MT in winning( maybe slightly lower than Luffy's Because i never saw Zolo as equal to Luffy).

    Quote Originally Posted by Saiges View Post
    For me it was the falling tear of Tashigi which Sanji mentioned, not really confirming a difference but still :x
    I also think what Zoro used in Alabasta was Haki, the very first straw hat to use it.
    What I have in mind is: Sanji's CoO > Zoro's. While Zoro's CoA > Sanji/Luffy's. I also think Zoro has CoC(or the potential to unlock it) while Sanji never will.

    I think that Coby thing is more from experience that he gained from fighting the CP9.
    I do agree that all three of them will have to work on their CoA, although I do believe Luffy's CoA is about as good as it can get. If anything, for Luffy, it's more about his actual strength now.
    Think you completely missed the point, + made stuff up, (I think that Coby thing is more from experience that he gained from fighting the CP9?..... WTH) This is what I said, with main points highlighted:

    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    Actually if you see Luffy's insight/ vision during the war that Mihawk's next slice would cut off his arms, as a emerging beginning form of CoO. Then you could also see that insight Luffy had when 1st facing Croc that his attack although greatly just sand could seriously slice Luffy as also his 1st very minor usage of CoO. Making him the 1st of the 3. And also judging by Coby during the war; maybe in general CoO is what most beings experienced 1st in their own bodies to open them up for the other 2. Even if somehow the trio is more proficient at the others CoC, or CoO, think they will all strengthen CoA to the max they can towards the end of the series, because the other 2 probably won't be as important in their final fights, + what BB said to Luffy in ID about his haki increase in strength showing from his attack, basically makes me think CoA gets stronger partly just from the aware CoA user getting stronger, and possibly they not even need be aware of their haki. But agree, possibly too soon to tell if Sanji is more proficient than Zolo at CoO proficiency. But with Brook's power development aiding his ero habits, wouldn't be surprised if Sanji's CoO took the same direction.
    I do believe all of the SH's will get a new bounty after this. The WG know that the SH's have improved. The question is how much. The thing is that if the WG reconises that Sanji can take on a VA, then his captain and the first mate must too be stronger. I mean if you put it another way, Vergo is way stronger than Ceaser. If Sanji for some reason beats Vergo, then wouldn't his bounty have to jump up way above that of Zoro's and even Luffy's? Especially since Ceaser is ranked below Luffy anyway (300 vs 400 mill bounty), so Luffy won't really get anything out of beating Ceaser.
    The reason I singled out Sanji in the especially a bounty raise is because he's the only 1 in a room we know can be viewed by the public, ( trying to show gas killing more G% and Strawhats, + not expecting Vergo to go there). Not so sure viewers/ possible recordings will be made wherever Law, Luffy, and Smoker fight to definitively prove/ acknowledge their increase in threat potential.


    I'm sure Law has a way to get his heart back. However, I doubt it's going to be as easy as you say. Especially since Ceaser and Vergo could easily just seal it away in a seastone safe. And the heart that Vergo had was definetly his, or else he wouldn't have reacted before he even realised who Vergo was.
    Not sure what you meant by the bold? But the underlined is kinda exactly proving my point. Unless there's some rules that Law hasn't told Vergo/ CC, and the reader about his ability; then the second they decided they needed to kill him and at any point since during this whole time they could've already crushed his and Smoker's heart or at least slowed them down with constant pain. Meaning yes it would be easy to kill while running someplace else as Vergo is doing right now. So why even wait till you're face to face when you didn't before? Best possibility is Law is hiding something enough to turn the tables within just moments.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    To me, Tashigi's strength is about right. I mean as she is now, she could give any of the pre-timeskip pirates a run for their money. Even Alabasta Smoker would lose. However, since Oda has shown that Law has improved to the point of being able to defeat VA Smoker, to have Tashigi able to hold up against him wouldn't make sense. The tears also made perfect sense though. The amount of trust those of the G5 had put into Vergo was all a lie, and then getting killed off by Vergo without knowing the reason, no crap Tashigi would cry. Especially since we've seen that the G5 men, although crude, really stand for each other, like how they saved her from the gas while sacrificing themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moork View Post
    Tashigi crying after that attack is perfectly reasonable given the situation.

    She was just saved moments ago thanks to her subordinates sacrificing their own lives to get her through that closing door. Now enter Virgo, one of G-5's leaders whose completely won over the adoration of these "2nd rate", marginalized, former thugs turned marines, who immediately beings annihilating Tashigi's remaining men, revealing a betrayal so unexpected they actually believe it's someone in disguise even while they're getting slaughtered. Tashigi, watching this unfolding horror, launches herself at an opponent she knows she can't stop, desperately attempting to protect her remaining subordinates. And, she promptly takes an haki-enhanced backhand to the face.

    And you people are knocking her because she's crying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddamn View Post
    Where the hell did u get that he gets one shotted just because she's a woman? Oda has plenty of strong woman characters. Smokers crybaby just seems to be weak for other reasons. If u were trolling with that comment, okay, u got me, but that has nothing, simply nothing, to do with her being a woman.
    More looking forward into Sanji fightiing Vergo than Luffy taking on Poisondude. And still looking for Zoro to get a good challenger!
    REALLY? Name them? Seriously think about the question, which females are that dominantly strong in OP that we've seen, (and against strong opponents, not just averagely strong or with good abilities, but strong themselves either physically or in skills with an instrument/ weapon)?....

    If you've thought of it seriously, at this point we have Boa, that's it. My reasoning is simple. Boa only female not capturing weaklings, not getting beaten/ need to be saved, and still making a difference during the war. Then 2 years later, yes although stronger opponents, she should've been marginally stronger by now too, and don't forget "Smoker's crybaby" is aiming to beat Mihawk and people of his caliber, meaning at this pace her goal is beat them all sometime in her 70's? Otherwise yes the cryings out of character, plus she simply should've been stronger by now, agreed with Sirxxx.
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •