View Poll Results: Rate the chapter

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buggy is a warlord

    7 53.85%
  • Amazing!!

    6 46.15%
  • Good

    0 0%
  • Bad

    0 0%
  • Terrible

    0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21
    Senior Member athary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    625
    I wanna talk about tashigi .. she is weak .actually i would have hoped she got a lot stronger.
    Now she is beaten by law and vergo... okay i know she got beated by top dogs.
    but she couldn't even defend herself...so hopless.
    So that's why i think she will eat that DF.

    About the dragon...
    it's stronger and more developed then the previous one
    but honestly, it shouldn't be a problem for zoro and kinemon or brook

    Other thing is where is frankyyyyyyyyyyy suuuppppper.
    i think he coated the ship or is planning the escape
    but in order to do that he must already passed the the doorR66 or some like that

  2. #22
    Yonkou Hart_lerouxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Era
    Posts
    161
    I mean, if you look at Vergo after he got back up, it's like he wasn't really phased by that kick at all. And Sanji had used most of his moves on that already (his foot was on fire, plus the aerial boost).
    well, it very similar when Luffy using Jet Bazooka on Rob Lucci (Leopard Mode) back in Water 7 -in Underground Passage in tower A- and lucci wasn't phased by that attack too.
    Luffy using the most potential of his power to attack Lucci, almost d same as Sanji does.
    But in the end Luffy got his ass. Yes, we know that Luffy almost lost by that Sai dai Rin 'Roukougan' but he managed to survive because Usopp is standing and yelling at him. This my friend we have Tashigi on the field, so maybe Sanji got some motivation boaster ^^

    Just theory...

    -sorry for my english-

  3. #23
    The Heropon! Sirxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hammerspace
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by athary View Post
    I wanna talk about tashigi .. she is weak .actually i would have hoped she got a lot stronger.
    Now she is beaten by law and vergo... okay i know she got beated by top dogs.
    but she couldn't even defend herself...so hopless.
    So that's why i think she will eat that DF.
    I just don't get the point of her character.

    -She's supposed to be a voice of morality for Smoker, but Smoker really isn't lacking in the morals department himself.
    -She's supposed to be a challenger to Zoro, but *laughs ass off*

    I can handle seeing her get defeated over and over by really strong characters (Law, Vergo, a freaking dragon, apparently). What I can't handle is seeing her lying on the ground CRYING after taking one shot, literally begging for Smoker to come and save her ass!

    Somewhere in the cover pages of this manga, Vivi is vomiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hart_lerouxx View Post
    well, it very similar when Luffy using Jet Bazooka on Rob Lucci (Leopard Mode) back in Water 7 -in Underground Passage in tower A- and lucci wasn't phased by that attack too.
    Luffy using the most potential of his power to attack Lucci, almost d same as Sanji does.
    But in the end Luffy got his ass. Yes, we know that Luffy almost lost by that Sai dai Rin 'Roukougan' but he managed to survive because Usopp is standing and yelling at him. This my friend we have Tashigi on the field, so maybe Sanji got some motivation boaster ^^

    Just theory...

    -sorry for my english-


    Naw, I'm kidding, dude. Just couldn't help the opening for a good meming!

    But I would like to see Sanji get to the point where he isn't breaking out his trump cards at the very beginning of every fight. Like when Mr...Cuddles(?)--you know, the lion dude from Big Mam's crew--"fought" Caribou. He didn't use "Turtle Turtle no Backhand of a Thousand Pimps". He just punched Caribou in his shit. And I'd like to see Sanji do more of that--Just kick folks in the ass, then apply his Diablo Jamble techniques as needed. You don't see Zoro growing 6 heads and 12 arms when he first engages every opponent.

    THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!



    Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

  4. #24
    LOL, U MAD? Arbitrary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,178
    Awesome chapter!

    Loved how the crew started taking on the big shots!

  5. #25
    Senior Member athary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    Awesome chapter!

    Loved how the crew started taking on the big shots!
    i love how your comments are always made off 1or 2 sentences haha

  6. #26
    Senior Member Blackriot69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    I want to know why people are comparing Zoro and Sanji's haki. Sanji used CoO to watch Tashigi, he was doing it the whole chapter if you didn't notice. Zoro "saw" Virgo and ignored the situation. They acted the way they always do.


    Sanji? You're talking about Sanji? Those three words can only describe one Straw Hat, Robin, and the only one who comes close to her is, Believe it or not, Zoro. Watch Strong World and compare, then get back to me on that.
    First of all, we are comparing their hakis because 1) Outside of Luffy, we have seen little haki variances throughout the OP world, including the Marineford arc and Rayleigh's explanation; and 2) It is no less a topic of importance than any other topic for discussion we have after this chapter (including your dragon questions).

    My reason for discussing the "presumable" difference in Zoro and Sanji's hakis goes back to what Rayleigh said himself about haki. While every living creature inherently has a presence of haki, few awaken to weild it. Likewise, each person has one of the three (more commonly two) types of haki that they are inherently better at, though with time they may heighten each haki type they possess. Basically what I am saying is that Sanji has a greater awakening to CoO. This should only be made stronger by the fact you are claiming he has been using it the entire chapter to watch Tashigi (which I still find comical as we see Sanji clearly in ONE panel prior to him rushing to G-5's aid, and even then he is as nonchalant looking as the rest of the crew on Brownbeard's back). Nevertheless, if Sanji were using CoO the entire chapter, wouldn't that mean he sensed Vergo far before Zoro had? Even Usopp mentioned what the deal was with Sanji dashing off all the sudden, and Zoro simply stated an unfamiliar presence, but paid no critical mind to it. Hypothetically then, if Sanji does have a stronger tendency towards CoO, he would presumably have a wider sense and even a more sensitive sense as to the danger Vergo presented. Therefore, while Zoro may have noticed Vergo upon arriving behind them, Sanji could have sensed not only his arrival, but also his pre-arrival and threat level, also validating why Zoro was so casual about Sanji leaving alone as he wasn't able to detect the latter aspects. Even if the gap between haki abilities is slight, it is a valid argument to hypothesize about which type each Zoro and Sanji lean towards.

    That argument aside, yes, I am talking about Sanji. While I concede I may have overstepped and irrationally weighed how spot-on those three adjectives describe Sanji, I did not say he was the MOST out of the crew, merely ONE of the main members. Though Robin and, yes, even Zoro, tend to live more seriously and therefore levelheaded, Sanji too holds some of the most elaborate and tactical accomplishments to be performed by the crew. Simply remember Mr. Prince and Alabasta, deciphering that Robin would wind up at the train station in Water 7, and the Gates of Justice at Enies Lobby. While he is not necessarily widely acknowledged for his genius, more often than not this character trait being overshadowed by his fiery temper, Sanji continually must have a level-head, attention to detail, and keen observation to perfom such endeavors.

    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    What made you think that Sanji has a higher level of CoO than Zoro? They both noticed Vergo's presence at the same time. Sanji just went back to help while Zoro didn't give a damn. And actually Zoro leans more on CoO than Sanji. Just look back at Alabasta arc where he dodged the falling rocks. I say they are both really balanced but both probably took more time in trying to master their CoA. I also think that Zoro might also have CoC while Sanji does not. The Dragon can be a good tool for Zoro to use his CoC if ever he has one.


    If there's a drogon then there's always a use for it's blood. It could be one of the ingredients to turn back the children to normal.
    See explanation above, though I agree they are probably about the same overall in haki ability between the two types.

  7. #27
    Senior Member athary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    First of all, we are comparing their hakis because 1) Outside of Luffy, we have seen little haki variances throughout the OP world, including the Marineford arc and Rayleigh's explanation; and 2) It is no less a topic of importance than any other topic for discussion we have after this chapter (including your dragon questions).

    My reason for discussing the "presumable" difference in Zoro and Sanji's hakis goes back to what Rayleigh said himself about haki. While every living creature inherently has a presence of haki, few awaken to weild it. Likewise, each person has one of the three (more commonly two) types of haki that they are inherently better at, though with time they may heighten each haki type they possess. Basically what I am saying is that Sanji has a greater awakening to CoO. This should only be made stronger by the fact you are claiming he has been using it the entire chapter to watch Tashigi (which I still find comical as we see Sanji clearly in ONE panel prior to him rushing to G-5's aid, and even then he is as nonchalant looking as the rest of the crew on Brownbeard's back). Nevertheless, if Sanji were using CoO the entire chapter, wouldn't that mean he sensed Vergo far before Zoro had? Even Usopp mentioned what the deal was with Sanji dashing off all the sudden, and Zoro simply stated an unfamiliar presence, but paid no critical mind to it. Hypothetically then, if Sanji does have a stronger tendency towards CoO, he would presumably have a wider sense and even a more sensitive sense as to the danger Vergo presented. Therefore, while Zoro may have noticed Vergo upon arriving behind them, Sanji could have sensed not only his arrival, but also his pre-arrival and threat level, also validating why Zoro was so casual about Sanji leaving alone as he wasn't able to detect the latter aspects. Even if the gap between haki abilities is slight, it is a valid argument to hypothesize about which type each Zoro and Sanji lean towards.

    That argument aside, yes, I am talking about Sanji. While I concede I may have overstepped and irrationally weighed how spot-on those three adjectives describe Sanji, I did not say he was the MOST out of the crew, merely ONE of the main members. Though Robin and, yes, even Zoro, tend to live more seriously and therefore levelheaded, Sanji too holds some of the most elaborate and tactical accomplishments to be performed by the crew. Simply remember Mr. Prince and Alabasta, deciphering that Robin would wind up at the train station in Water 7, and the Gates of Justice at Enies Lobby. While he is not necessarily widely acknowledged for his genius, more often than not this character trait being overshadowed by his fiery temper, Sanji continually must have a level-head, attention to detail, and keen observation to perfom such endeavors.



    See explanation above, though I agree they are probably about the same overall in haki ability between the two types.
    Wooww that some explination. but i kinda agree though....
    sanji could have seen tashigi get smacked to the floor.
    i doubt he would get angry just because some strange presence.
    back in FI sanji and zorro didn't notice caribou untill luffy commented on it

  8. #28
    Master of Bludging ChaosMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,003
    Regarding Tashigi, she is of Captain class, and for someone of Captain class, she's adequately strong. I mean I can see her fighting on par against Smoker of Logue Island. I can see her ahead of that Skeleton Swordsmen Captain the Zoro defeated on the way to Enes Lobby. As a Captain, she's strong. It's just that compared to VA's, she's lacking, and who can blame her. The people who've taken her down, that being Law and Vergo, are both above that of her superior, Smoker. How did you expect her to flare? If anything I would say she's on par with Zoro pre-timeskip (she has haki so she can deal with the logia's Zoro can, however in a straight fight she'll prob still lose though).

    As for Sanji being more proficient at CoO. There's no real evidence of that.
    @BlackRiot:
    From your argument, you said that the haki users will lean to one side. But if you look at it from that point of view, don't forget that Zoro was the first of the 3 to unlock CoO (on Alabasta). If anything, that would mean Zoro was more suited for CoO haki. Either way though, as Athary said, both Sanji and Zoro's haki pale in comparison to Luffy's. And Zoro pays as much attention to Swordsmen as Sanji does to women. If anything, having only one eye would force Zoro to be more attentive. As mentioned, the reason he didn't go save Tashigi is that he felt no reason to, unlike Sanji who's charged by ero-power.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    174
    Sanji, what man you are in one piece chapter 680! that's so man and my heart beating so strong.

  10. #30
    Senior Member tinatinaww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarkg2 View Post
    Sanji, what man you are in one piece chapter 680! that's so man and my heart beating so strong.
    I agree. Sanji in this chapter is really cool!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •