Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Fuck yea!!!!

@ SCarred Luffy

Possibly, nice catch.
    I was thinking the fire transferred into his body, like a logia from one piece. JB had a surprising look on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Actually, shouldn't people be a little disappointed ? While looking on it's name, it's obvious that Kubo didn't intend for Yamamoto to ever show his bankai. I mean most, if not all, Bankai Names are an expansion of their Shikai names, like Zangetsu ---> Tensa Zangetsu and the like, while here, we have Ryūjin Jakka ---> Zanka no Tachi...
    Much appreciated! I always used to like that aspect of the Zanpaktou--the way the name expanded to show the power expansion from Shikai to Bankai. But I've completely forgotten what Ryujin Jakka translates to, so maybe it means "Rapier of the...3-hour flame" or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiges View Post
    Fuck yea!!!!

@ SCarred Luffy

Possibly, nice catch.
    I was thinking the fire transferred into his body, like a logia from one piece. JB had a surprising look on his face.
    That would've been awesome--The ability to convert his body to flames. Or if his entire sword was nothing but a hand-held flame. But I doubt Justin Beiber was surprised, since I'm sure he's faced this Bankai before.

Which means I'm also sure he has a way to counter it (maybe they glued Wonderweiss back together :-D)

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON'T HONOR MY PIRATE KING DISCOUNT!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Much appreciated! I always used to like that aspect of the Zanpaktou--the way the name expanded to show the power expansion from Shikai to Bankai. But I've completely forgotten what Ryujin Jakka translates to, so maybe it means "Rapier of the...3-hour flame" or something.
    From what I remember, until this point, Gin's example strayed the most of that way, still, the meaning was appropriate:
    - Shinsō (神鎗, God Spear) ---> Kamishini no Yari (神殺鎗, God-Killing Spear), so yeah it did expand it's name and meaning, the reading have only changed.

On the other hand, in Yamamoto's case:
    - Ryūjin Jakka (流刃若火, "Flowing Blade-like Flame") ---> Zanka no Tachi (残火の太刀, "Longsword of the Remnant Flame")... the only common thing is flame... sorry but that is simply not enough if you ask me...

Is that the official translation?

Because Ryuujinjakka's (流刃若火) kanji means (from left to right): Flow, blade, young (also -like), and flame.

So it could mean Flowing Blade of Young Flames or Young flowing blade flame. ("young" works as prefix for "flame" or suffix for "blade").