• l3l Average

6 16.67%
  • l2l Bad

9 25.00%
  • l1l Terrible

7 19.44%
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    @Starone

It's a very subjective thing. Personally I don't have much of an issue with it, but I do feel that it should have been expounded upon within this chapter to some degree. Maybe then there wouldn't be so much animosity towards it.

Obito is raging because one person died?! Sasuke's whole clan was murdered by his own brother! Can an Uchiha destroy a galaxy?

Quote Originally Posted by Execution View Post
    @Starone

It's a very subjective thing. Personally I don't have much of an issue with it, but I do feel that it should have been expounded upon within this chapter to some degree. Maybe then there wouldn't be so much animosity towards it.
    Yes it is. To others it might be a deal breaker, but to me it seems overblown.

And I'm sure Kishimoto will get around to explaining it. I highly doubt that he'll leave something this big unexplained. Don't people have any patience? I'm sorry if I seem antagonistic but this all just seems ridiculous to me. Kishimoto hasn't even given the explanation yet and people are already proclaiming plot holes and screwed up timeline.

Appearance of Darkness Aga bomBa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    @Aga, don't worry, I did say something along the lines that with the current rigged timeline, Izuna would have been a more proper Story-wise choice, but Obito would still be more proper Character-wise choice . Beside, it's fun to guess. Even if Obito was more probable, the Izuna one wasn't that much less ;P. Not to mention that using both of them could have been a good way to make the impact on the characters as well as the story .
    The sentence I've bolded; Hahaha.. beautiful!!! that's sooo a " typical political answer ", loved it!

- Indeed; using both of them, would've made a great impact

Quote Originally Posted by Yoru View Post
    @Aga Bomba

I dunno why but I just can't stand ppl making fun of Obito and discarding Rin as being just a girl like any other... Maybe cuz Obito was always my hero and Rin is the sweetest and cutest girl in narutoverse.
    That's it Yoru.. Finally I understand what the issue is; it's a sensitive subject ( obito - Rin ), and that's why youre all in defense mode I like Obito too, but I need to be objective while reading the manga. Like I said; it's not a TINY thing for me, it's a MAJOR thing.. his un-masking. I'm not just making it up, when I say that I've waited 5 years for this, its exactly 5 YEARS, hahahah!

Ive said that it was lame to be like this ( timeline wise and other huge details ), but also for a chapter 600, the SUPRISE factor, the reveal wasn't that HUGE!Of course he's brainswashed and all, but we've seen tons of other ocasions with shinobi's ( Nagato, Gaara, Zabuza ) where their loss/pain were from another level AND it really touched the reader from the inside. What Zabuza had to do, what Nagato witnessed and what Gaara had to endure.. all huge factors.
    But now, the biggest mysterie of Naruto Manga, takes his mask off, saying he's Obito and claiming that his major factor was his loss of " Rin ". We need to take all the scenarios in account for what he has done to the shinobi world for the past years; the impact on HIS LIFE on for us ( the readers ) should be far more greater then him being entirely " Obito ".

Don't get me wrong, I understand you completely and all the people who loved it.. I'm hoping that Madara brings more intel to the story and kishi somehow fixes things up with the timeline. For me, it's like watching a movie or serie; if the timeline isn't correct, even when the writer is good in what he's doing, then how really GREAT is the movie/serie? The Sopranos / breaking Bad, one of my best series ever made; what would've happened if they screwed a lot of importants plot twists in the series, just by not following up with the timeline?

Timeline is for me atleast, a major detail.. Kishi has time to fix it, lets hope it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starone View Post
    Just because he was exactly like Naruto doesn't mean he was incorruptible. Hell, even Naruto had some darkness inside him for a while. Anyone can go bad under the right circumstances. It wouldn't have taken much for Naruto to end up where Obito is now: Some devastating circumstances and a bad influence or two and we'd have Naruto as the big bad right now. I think it makes a lot of sense thematically.
    Oooh, I've never meant to say that he was like " Naruto "?> I said; what he has done with " Naruto when he was born ".. throwing him in the air, trying to stab him and putting explosive tag on his ass that scenario..
    ... You're Dead 2 Me Now ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aga bomBa View Post
    The sentence I've bolded; Hahaha.. beautiful!!! that's sooo a " typical political answer ", loved it!

- Indeed; using both of them, would've made a great impact

That's it Yoru.. Finally I understand what the issue is; it's a sensitive subject ( obito - Rin ), and that's why youre all in defense mode I like Obito too, but I need to be objective while reading the manga. Like I said; it's not a TINY thing for me, it's a MAJOR thing.. his un-masking. I'm not just making it up, when I say that I've waited 5 years for this, its exactly 5 YEARS, hahahah!

Ive said that it was lame to be like this ( timeline wise and other huge details ), but also for a chapter 600, the SUPRISE factor, the reveal wasn't that HUGE!Of course he's brainswashed and all, but we've seen tons of other ocasions with shinobi's ( Nagato, Gaara, Zabuza ) where their loss/pain were from another level AND it really touched the reader from the inside. What Zabuza had to do, what Nagato witnessed and what Gaara had to endure.. all huge factors.
    But now, the biggest mysterie of Naruto Manga, takes his mask off, saying he's Obito and claiming that his major factor was his loss of " Rin ". We need to take all the scenarios in account for what he has done to the shinobi world for the past years; the impact on HIS LIFE on for us ( the readers ) should be far more greater then him being entirely " Obito ".

Don't get me wrong, I understand you completely and all the people who loved it.. I'm hoping that Madara brings more intel to the story and kishi somehow fixes things up with the timeline. For me, it's like watching a movie or serie; if the timeline isn't correct, even when the writer is good in what he's doing, then how really GREAT is the movie/serie? The Sopranos / breaking Bad, one of my best series ever made; what would've happened if they screwed a lot of importants plot twists in the series, just by not following up with the timeline?

Timeline is for me atleast, a major detail.. Kishi has time to fix it, lets hope it.

Oooh, I've never meant to say that he was like " Naruto "?> I said; what he has done with " Naruto when he was born ".. throwing him in the air, trying to stab him and putting explosive tag on his ass that scenario..
    You know, at some point I hoped Tobi was like zetsu: half Izuna, half Obito. It would have been cool that way too.

Yea, i let you understand my sensitive spot for Obito-Rin, cuz i wanted to point out that it's not because of logic that I like the way the story's going. I know Izuna would make a better character to develop the story behind madara and such, but everytime i re-read kakashi gaiden, Obito's words: "Kakashi, Rin..too ad it ends here, I'd love to stay with the both of you for a longer while", i so desperatley wanted him to survive, that now I finally see him, I'm very happy, although I didn't want him to be an evil guy, I still hope he'll get somehow redeemed trying to take madara with him.
    Like, in the end he'll get talked by naruto, but he won't be fully convinced. I nthe end he'll just say something like: . "I got tired playing this little game called life. Have fun, bound by this hard reality...trying to change the world. Who knows, maybe you will succeed where i have failed." then faces madara "Madara..I'm taking you with me...to eternal oblivion!!!" then he pulls a huge badass sucking-in-void-dimension-jutsu, pretty much like danzo tried to do with him, just bigger and more spectacular.

P.S: Even though I like the outcome of the last chapters, I too wasn't satisfied fully at this chapter: I expected Obito to be more tragic, explain more stuff about his past, so that we'd understand if his transformation was possible. But he just said it was for Rin. Hell, I knew it all along! tell me something I don't know, right?

Beer and Music
    Maybe cuz Obito was always my hero and Rin is the sweetest and cutest girl in narutoverse.
    Hahaha oh wow...dudebro, you need some

Appearance of Darkness Aga bomBa's Avatar
    You know, at some point I hoped Tobi was like zetsu: half Izuna, half Obito. It would have been cool that way too.

I know Izuna would make a better character to develop the story behind madara and such
    I KNEW IT

- Zetzu, Izuna/Obito --> Perfect!

I get it, it was a very dramatic scene with Obito under that rock, holding Rin and Kakashi breaking down on his knees.. thats what Kishi does with you. Story and chatacter wise for me, seriously.. but lets see what happens now.

Yea, do you really think that he will be convinced by Naruto- talk-no-jutsu?? I don't know yet.. I really have a feeling that Madara is gonna take care of him, OR Kakashi. If you think about it: TOBI ( this is what I meant by character wise ), shouldn't be convinced by talk no jutsu after so many years of horror and manipulation. It would be very weak for the plot.. believe me; Madara Uchiha will NEVER turn over like that, he would rather die.. and so should Tobi.

P.S: Even though I like the outcome of the last chapters, I too wasn't satisfied fully at this chapter: I expected Obito to be more tragic, explain more stuff about his past, so that we'd understand if his transformation was possible.
    Hahaha.. finally, we're on the same road again ;p MORE TRAGIC indeed

*** guys, don't take this too litteraly, but; what about Tobi's voice? All these, better said: after his death, it was 1 year later that he talked with Minato.. his teacher. You can't tell me that his voice changed that dramatically, right? Or even with Kakashi.. kakashi was 15 years later, but with Minato it was only 1 year.. naah, overthinking stuff I quess
    ... You're Dead 2 Me Now ...

*** guys, don't take this too litteraly, but; what about Tobi's voice? All these, better said: after his death, it was 1 year later that he talked with Minato.. his teacher. You can't tell me that his voice changed that dramatically, right? Or even with Kakashi.. kakashi was 15 years later, but with Minato it was only 1 year.. naah, overthinking stuff I quess
    Yeah he would have a pubescent tone in his voice and it would be easy to tell that he was in his younger years, but don't worry I'm sure Madara gave him a nice set of shiny maybe slightly used Zetsu vocal cords along with an arm and a leg for his right side that got smashed up with a boulder.

And maybe another two to match his height.

I KNEW IT

- Zetzu, Izuna/Obito --> Perfect!

I get it, it was a very dramatic scene with Obito under that rock, holding Rin and Kakashi breaking down on his knees.. thats what Kishi does with you. Story and chatacter wise for me, seriously.. but lets see what happens now.

Yea, do you really think that he will be convinced by Naruto- talk-no-jutsu?? I don't know yet.. I really have a feeling that Madara is gonna take care of him, OR Kakashi. If you think about it: TOBI ( this is what I meant by character wise ), shouldn't be convinced by talk no jutsu after so many years of horror and manipulation. It would be very weak for the plot.. believe me; Madara Uchiha will NEVER turn over like that, he would rather die.. and so should Tobi.

Hahaha.. finally, we're on the same road again ;p MORE TRAGIC indeed

No, I'm not saying he will be hugged no jutsu. But maybe if it was madara who stood behind rin's death, he'll be all like: NANIIIIIIIIIIIII!? with a scary look on his face like deidara used to do with Tobi. Cuz if it's true that it was madara, then it meant he did it on purpose. Probably the old uchiha insisted on rin's death being the reason why obito should follow him. If Obito learns it was madara, who used him all along and if it wasn't because of him rin would be still alive, he won't even need naruto to hug no jutsu him. e'll just whoop madara's ass.
    Another thing: why do you think obito wanted to learn edo tensei? Maybe he wanted to summon rin at some point in the future before using mugen tsukyomi? If it was so, then he'll certianly get a chance to use it. Maybe rin herself will stop him? Who knows...

And Aga..i said IZuna would make a better character to develop Madara's story...but i never said i had any interest in madara's story. The only thing iwanted to know all along was if I would get to see Obito under that mask, cuz I really wanted him to be alive. But if he's not gonna be redeemed, then he better stayed dead...so i hope he will, one way or another. Maybe in some new unusual way?

And yea, I'm ok with Rin being his main reason for turning evil, but i at least hoped kishi would show us some flshback of rin's death, and boy Obito's despair, just so we could understand what he was going trough, really at that time. Said like this it just feels like empty words, right?
    Instead of that annoying flashback frm the gaiden, kishi could have done THIS.

add: Obito was at the age where voice changes quickly + he was wearing a mask, and he could simuate a more darkish voice if he wanted.

Madara joins the fray. I suppose he just left the Kages in the dust to ponder their own weaknesses lol. And to think Kakashi, Gai, and Naruto had their hands full with just Obito, now the invincible Madara shows up to finish the job. Is there a level beyond "Shit just hit the fan"?

Anyway, Kakashi recounted the events of Obito's 'death', but Obito refuses to come clean about how he survived. And obviously, there's more to his going bad than just Rin's death. And now that she's been brought up, I'm sure Kakashi will eventually recount the events that led to her death.