3 8.33%
  • l3l Average

6 16.67%
  • l2l Bad

9 25.00%
  • l1l Terrible

7 19.44%
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    What to say about this Chapter.........The concept of wanting to destroy the world, deprive humanity of choice and freedom, because the world was unfair to me and my girlfriend is reminiscent of a child throwing a tantrum or Mental instability. We all deal with tragedy and unpleasantness with grace and strength everyday of our lives.

Perhaps Madara used Tsukuyomi on Obito to warp his mind ...

Lets see what future chapters bring as the series draws to an end.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    What to say about this Chapter.........The concept of wanting to destroy the world, deprive humanity of choice and freedom, because the world was unfair to me and my girlfriend is reminiscent of a child throwing a tantrum. We all deal with tragedy and unpleasantness with grace and strength everyday of our lives.

Seriously, if this is all there is to the story , then It's disappointing reading on an adult level, but quite okay for pre-teens. Frankly I expected more from Kishimoto.

Lets see what future chapters bring as the series draws to an end.
    I know Paul, I know that in our world we can all keep going thanks to strenght, but that is not our world.
    People in the narutoverse have so many twisted things like jutsus and sharingans, genjutsu and so many possibilities....actually I wonder what would happen to OUR world if ppl had such powers. How many insane, traumatized people would try to bring ease on their wounded heart/mind by doing twisted and crazy things.
    I think it's because of that. If Obito lived in our universe, he would have two choices: to get over his loss or suicide...yeah...but there he's got so many horrible alternatives...

PLUS: I too hope there will be more to it. Obito just became way too twisted for a single loss...I bet madara has added some oil to the fire. I'm sure the revealtion of the Progenitor will clear some things for us.

3 posts now grumbling that obito as tobi ruins the timeline. Citing the formation of akatsuiki as an example makes no sense to me. Did people take obito's claims for madara's deeds too seriously?

Itachi already explained he met the real madara and also tobi.

Two masked men operated simultaneously for a period between tobi's attack on minato and the uchiha massacre. One with long hair and one with short.

Will someone please tell me just what and why in the timeline is messed up because tobi turned out to be obito?
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

Yeah Yoru,

After 600 chapters of greatness, with truly moving scenes like Naruto meeting his mom (don't tell anyone, but I did shed a teeny weeny tear), I felt Kishi had elevated the series beyond the random Manga for teenager with Cliched villains and well worn and over used motives.

This ending is not in the least surprising. The main reason I did not embrace it long ago was because it was just too obvious/cliched.

I could not accept that Kishi would actually so easily predictable. I hope this is not a sign that Kishimoto is in way too much of a hurry to end the series without sufficient deliberation on his part.

@Knife Eater,

The face Kisame saw of the long haired Madara...is the same face that Kisame saw on the short haired Tobi.

Kishi has lead us to conclude they are one and the same guy. Besdides, if Kisame saw the long haired guy during the same ninja war where the Jiraiya Met Nagato, Yahiko and Konan, the Madara would have been dead by then, because Nagato had already recieved Madara's Rinnegans.
    Last edited by paulbee; 09-05-2012 at 12:48 PM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Yeah Yoru,

After 600 chapters of greatness, with truly moving scenes like Naruto meeting his mom (don't tell anyone, but I did shed a teeny weeny tear), I felt Kishi had elevated the series beyond the random Manga for teenager with Cliched villains and well worn and over used motives.

This ending is not in the least surprising. The main reason I did not embrace it long ago was because it was just too obvious/cliched.

I could not accept that Kishi would actually so easily predictable. I hope this is not a sign that Kishimoto is in too much of a hurry to end the series.
    To me it seems the Obito thing was planned from a long time tho'. his name, the hairstyle, his stupid behavior, Kakashi Gaiden (that he showed us to let us know Obito and who he was)...so yeah.

But don't be saddened Paul, Rin's death may only be the tip of the iceberg! The starting point of his madness. Remember the starting point of Nagato's descent into darkness? The loss of his dog first, then Yahiko's death...but the true motive was to stop wars and bring peace to the world. The wars were his true motives. It's the war that started everything that hurt him.
    Obito just experienced the effects of reality, which he blames. Rin's death is only one drop, the starting drop, in the ocean of despair Obito's in. And be sure that it must have been madara who fueled his hatred further. If Obito didn't meet him, perhaps he would return to konoha and forgive kakashi.

He's doing this all because of a girl huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    I expect reinforcments to arrive at Narutos side next chapter, he already fought in Kyuubi chakra mode for about what ? 5 minutes ? So he is likely to drop back to his normal anytime now.
    With Madara arriving he better hope reinforcements get there quickly. I don't know how much they can help seeing how Madara basically stood toe to toe with the five kages.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

The questions I want answered are..

When did rin die? (Obito answers he SURVIVED because kakashi let rin die)

When did obito encounter madara? (Seems it should have been immediately after minato, kakashi and rin left the scene.)

When did madara die? (I still think itachi killed him Ala sasuke and orochimaru, sasuke left with kabuto, itachi left with tobi. It's its own overlap for explanation)

So, the long haired masked man (that's madara) could move about without detection except by itachi. If after visiting the earth country and in and around anytime he was in hidden mist.. madara could have been hovering over the third hokage, minato, minato's team with an uchiha while they conduct missions, hovering above or hiding under their noses. We have a mechanic now for madara to be observing obito without detection.

When madara comes out of his hiding in plain sight jutsu and pulls you from the rocks which crushed and pinned you moments before and your life was already volunteered forfeit /sacrifice... well, madara pulled you from a baptism of boulders and you are a child. Kiss piece and peace of mind goodbye!
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

Man I really don't care for this obito=tobi crap. Obito going all psycho because a girl he never had died is lame. I truly disliked the last 2 chapters. Hopefully Madara (kishi) will give us a nice explanation of the events.

Also, we didn't need the flashback pages. We all know the history at this point. I thought the 600 chapter would be something amazing. I felt it was dull at best.

MANGASTREAM VER.

Also added poll to thread.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

[QUOTE=POW;1025486]- The Obito story line was so cliche omg Rin died lets destroy the world

- Sasuke's reason for revenge at least is plausible this is too much of a stretch.

Obito doesn't want to destroy the world for revenge against Kakashi for letting Rin, he wants to remove hope from the world and the belief of heroes. Obito entrusted Rin's well being into the hands of Kakashi and believed in Kakashi when he said he'll protect her, but allowing her to die led to Obito wanting the world to never feel the utter disappoint of entrusting a loved ones life into the hands of a friend, only for them to fail, which Kakashi obviously did

After last week's chapter, I'd at least expect to hear what happened to Rin because I knew Tobi=Obito and that his planned was based on Kakashi somehow failing his promising to Obito to protect her. However, I thought at least Kishi would have a panel showing the lifeless body of Rin, but instead we get something a little better, Madara enters the battlefield and clearly know Obito, so we know who Obito was trained by and how maybe he survived? Yet I want to know what happened o Madara's fight with the Kages? and can we finish the Sasuke/Oro storyline next week cause I want Sasuke to get to the Obito fight and see how he responds
    Last edited by Arbitrary; 09-06-2012 at 04:53 PM.