Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Konoha critique LocomotiveShibuya's Avatar
    hmm...interesting, good point!

Quote Originally Posted by thorofasgard13 View Post
    If you even look at the script that you wrote, you can see that they are the same. A word will not be grammatically incorrect, especially if it's the name of something. What i'm trying to say is that it is possible in that everyone in the manga that says it has only seen one form of it, in the palm, and thus they call it one thing. If they had seen a form of it, in the eye lets say, they would call it another thing altogether. As they sound the same if someone said it to you, you would not know which they were talking about except in context, or written in the kanji.
    What are you talking about? The meaning is in the kanji, and since it was introduced as a palm technique, if someone were to actually talk about a "rasen-eye", they'd say that it was an eye technique, and not the palm technique everyone's used to hearing about, or else everyone will be confused.

Naruto is a shounen manga, not a high-strung detective novel. Shounen manga are targeted to the pre-teens and early teens group, most of whom are not quite proficient in kanji. Introducing something as confusing (and as close to school work, to the Japanese) as what is suggested in this thread is not what Kishi would want to do.

Thunder-mouse Master! Aleph-Sama's Avatar
    I only named the doujustsu Rasengan because I couldn't think of another reasonably good name to call it. Another good name for it though could be the spinning eye.
    Spoiler!

72 hours of hell!
    Spoiler!

This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleph-Sama View Post
    I only named the doujustsu Rasengan because I couldn't think of another reasonably good name to call it. Another good name for it though could be the spinning eye.
    the sharingan spins when its being used so really another eye that spins would just be annoying. what point would there be in rasengan some how becoming a doujutsu? the thee doujutsu we already know of pretty much covers the range of whatever eye power most people can think of so it would be utterly excessive to add a fourth one
    Last edited by Amargo Deathscythe; 08-27-2008 at 09:37 PM.

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

If you even look at the script that you wrote, you can see that they are the same. A word will not be grammatically incorrect, especially if it's the name of something. What i'm trying to say is that it is possible in that everyone in the manga that says it has only seen one form of it, in the palm, and thus they call it one thing. If they had seen a form of it, in the eye lets say, they would call it another thing altogether. As they sound the same if someone said it to you, you would not know which they were talking about except in context, or written in the kanji.
    he wrote it wrong

螺旋丸 rasengan

写輪眼 sharingan

白眼 byakugan

see the kanji for gan is completely different. byakugan and sharigan is 眼 and rasengan is 丸. rasengan is not a doujutsu

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by Amargo Deathscythe View Post
    he wrote it wrong

螺旋丸 rasengan

写輪眼 sharingan

白眼 byakugan

see the kanji for gan is completely different. byakugan and sharigan is 眼 and rasengan is 丸. rasengan is not a doujutsu
    I wasn't talking about the kanji, but the script that i quoted in bold. in that the 'gan' for eye or circle are the same, and said the same. And of course it would be different in the kanji as it has a totally different meaning, even if said the same in this context. I was trying to show that it is written as it is because they only know the sphere that they see. If it were spiral-eye it would be different, but no one that speaks in the manga would know the spiral-eye, and so would never speak of that rasengan.

I'm not saying that it is true, but my reasoning is logical and sound, so it could exist.
    I am an artist, and my medium is death. I'm about to create my masterpiece :s

Fan of the Rasengan Doujutsu theory, even though it's dead. Although, he does have the special Uzumaki clan blood.

Because he's the hero the shinobi world deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. Naruto.

I'm not saying that it is true, but my reasoning is logical and sound, so it could exist.

its true it could but for it to appear out of the blue in naruto would seem kinda hax

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Thunder-mouse Master! Aleph-Sama's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargo Deathscythe View Post
    its true it could but for it to appear out of the blue in naruto would seem kinda hax
    Sasuke's MS is hax to the max with bs as a side dish. So why can't Naruto do the same thing?
    Spoiler!

72 hours of hell!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph-Sama View Post
    Sasuke's MS is hax to the max with bs as a side dish. So why can't Naruto do the same thing?
    that would just make it worse

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Because there are no hints anywhere that suggest Naruto might even have a Kekkei Genkai. At least with Sasuke, we always knew he had the potential to obtain the MS no matter how hax it might be. And Sasuke's MS isn't whats truly hax, it's Kakashi's MS that's hax beyond hax.

But anyway, Naruto getting a Kekkei Genkai like the one you're suggesting conjures up the Plot Black Hole no jutsu. No amount of explaining could cover it and all logic would be sucked into nothingness. Kishi would have truly lost his mind.