Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathscythe View Post
    so is it better then utorrent then?
    I have no idea. I've never messed around with different torrents. Years ago I just downloaded the typical Bittorrent so I could use torrents, and it worked fine until recently when I started to download really big series, then it was just too slow. I downloaded Azureus because it seemed popular, and it seemed ten times faster.
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!

Retired Administrator
    utorrent and Azureus are both good but it comes down to preference or os. For instance utorrent is only for windows and is closed source. This makes it fast because well.. its optimized for one os.

Azureus on the other hand utilizes the power of java, while it will run slower and take more resources it will run on anything that can handle java. (mac, pc, linux, bsd)

I myself have never used utorrent for more than a few moments on someone else's computer so i cannot really comment on it. I have how ever used Az' on and off since before utorrent was even in existence. I like the interface and the plugins allow for some cool stuff.

I use transmission for downloading torrents - it's reliable and works for both macs and pcs, and doesn't bug up your machine with any unnecessary junk.
    Transmission is one of the least standard compliant clients out there. It is banned by many prominent trackers because of the way it repeatedly “hammers” them (ie. doesn’t obey announce intervals). It also lacks in proper stats recording.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    PGP Key Here

For me, I used to use Azureus, but now I switched to utorrent. In terms of the difference between the two, ^Woofcat^ up there explained it pretty well. If you want your torrent program to have fancy interfaces and plugins, go with Azureus; If you just want the program so you can download your torrent files, just use utorrent.

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    I use bit comet, so far nothing is an issue with the application. I tried using Azureus and all my downloads became slower.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

Quote Originally Posted by Deathscythe View Post
    so is it better then utorrent then?
    Take this from someone who had used Bitcomet, BitSpirit, G3 Torrent, Azureus and Utorrent.

BitComet » If you like it and find a version that works for you, don't change it. Bitcomet is constanly in development, in my opinion is the most active development for any torrent client. This is because when they fix one bug, they create 10 new ones. It has a built in browser and a built in player, I hate that because I believe that all is needed is the client for downloads.

BitSpirit » Is good, but tends to mess with disk space, sometimes you find a file of 1gb and it ends writing two, not sure if this bug have been fixed.

G3 Torrent » Not bad, the only thing dislike about this one is the interface and is outdated (last development 2005).

Azureus » is an excellent bittorrent client, fast downloads and very stable. I dislike the following:
    1. It requires java. Java have takes between 100 to 166mb of your HDD and thus take more memory too, because you'll be running the client and java.
    2. Its becoming more like torrent client and a youtube wanna be syste (I hate Azureus Vuze).
    uTorrent » When my friends ask me about Azureus I always say: Azureus is excellent but uTorrent is better. Is light take just about 214kbps these days, is fast as azureus or even faster, with this I mean that it makes a better use of our bandwith (Down/Up) speed.
    Last edited by Alterno; 07-29-2007 at 04:34 AM.

i use utorrent because i never heard of azureus until i viewed ppl who are downloading the same things using azureus, and i was lazy as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Alterno View Post
    Take this from someone who had used Bitcomet, BitSpirit, G3 Torrent, Azureus and Utorrent.

BitComet » If you like it and find a version that works for you, don't change it. Bitcomet is constanly in development, in my opinion is the most active development for any torrent client. This is because when they fix one bug, they create 10 new ones. It has a built in browser and a built in player, I hate that because I believe that all is needed is the client for downloads.

BitSpirit » Is good, but tends to mess with disk space, sometimes you find a file of 1gb and it ends writing two, not sure if this bug have been fixed.

G3 Torrent » Not bad, the only thing dislike about this one is the interface and is outdated (last development 2005).

Azureus » is an excellent bittorrent client, fast downloads and very stable. I dislike the following:
    1. It requires java. Java have takes between 100 to 166mb of your HDD and thus take more memory too, because you'll be running the client and java.
    2. Its becoming more like torrent client and a youtube wanna be syste (I hate Azureus Vuze).
    uTorrent » When my friends ask me about Azureus I always say: Azureus is excellent but uTorrent is better. Is light take just about 214kbps these days, is fast as azureus or even faster, with this I mean that it makes a better use of our bandwith (Down/Up) speed.
    exactly what he said, I use BitComet though because it doesn't slow down my computer, and I can change the # of open connections just by going in options instead of trying to change code in my operating system. That is if you know about the open connections hack; it speeds up your downloads 10x or more. If I were new to downloading torrents, I would probably get Utorrent though, but I'm already very used to BitComet, so I stick to it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

I'm using Azureus and it's going well here in my pc. ^_^ fast and no problem at all. I even put a password for it so my brother can't download and touch anything what I download in my azureus. heheh But the Azureus I'm using isn't the latest, it's the old one, I hate the lates one coz it's slower than the old one.