Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Using Azureus Torrent

Recently (about an hour ago . . . a bit more than "recent," huh?) I switched over to Azureus as my torrent downloader thing. (I don't know what it's all called, at least not when I'm as tired as I am.) I tried to start downloading Zeta Gundam at a massive 16+GB, and my old torrent thing wasn't doing well. I was lucky to get 2 kb per second. Azureus is a lot faster, and I'm glad I made the switch. I just don't know much of anything about Azureus. Here's where this topic comes into play . . .

I'm always downloaded and deleting stuff off my computer, getting anime and then making room for more anime. Until today, I had about 10 GB free, and I was trying to get to the 16 GB needed to get Zeta Gundam. Well, I came across this folder of weird crap that a virus had apparently stuck on my computer. I got rid of it and jumped over to almost 30 GB. I checked the space on the hard drive a couple of different times to make sure that the space was really there.

I started the torrent (after getting Azureus), and things were going smoothly. I was still paranoid, so I checked the disk space again. This time it said I had about 11 GB. I freaked! I ran a piechart thing I have that shows what takes up how much space and where. I saw an Azureus downloads folder that took up 16 GB, and in it was a folder for Zeta Gundam.

I did some math, and if I take the almost 30 GB I had and subtract the 16 GB for Zeta, then I end up with about the amount of free space I have now.

To say it simply, when you download something with Azureus, does it take up the space for the thing before it's even downloaded?

Sorry this is so long-winded. I've had a tiring day, and I'm barely making sense.
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    I see....you got nothing to worry about, thats just Azureus allocating space for your file (it should be at least)

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    I see....you got nothing to worry about, thats just Azureus allocating space for your file (it should be at least)
    Thanks. That's what I thought it was doing, but I wasn't sure.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    No problems, I think theres a site,

http://dessent.net/btfaq/

They can give alot of help for people who have trouble with torrents and such

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Katana swinging nutcase ChaosRising's Avatar
    Don't have an answer, except that I have never had any such problems with U-torrent

http://www.element-zero.com/lab/swf/chaos.html

Come visit Anime Guild for all your Anime needs and enjoy the site. Over 2000 complete and running series available for direct download, always free! Much more to come.

tools -> options -> files -> allocate and zero new files....

but there might be a time, when you need to make space to complete the file
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shinta; 07-24-2007 at 05:13 PM.

If you're uncomfortable with that setting I believe you can change it so that it does not allocate space for a download before hand.

Thanks for replying everybody. I've already downloaded a few gigabytes of the series, and my computer space hasn't gone done any, so I'm certain the space has just been allocated. It's actually a bit of a good thing for me; now I don't have to keep worrying about not having enough space for things while using the torrent.

so is it better then utorrent then?

I use transmission for downloading torrents - it's reliable and works for both macs and pcs, and doesn't bug up your machine with any unnecessary junk.