Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - only anime I'm looking forward to

both seasons of ef, but it doesn't have comedy.

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Kanon and Air are both made by Key, the same people that did Clannad. Try those.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

2 threads merged with this one. This is a suggestions and recommendations thread, use it as one.

And [JUiCE], we have a new rule not to come in and go "Graveyard," anymore. Next time there will be an infraction.

Brand new Anime: Canaan
    Here's Ep 1
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JOAEMTAY
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

Is quisnam nihilum vincet atticus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aaims View Post

Any recommendation on what is good.
    so far this season i've started watching: aoi hana, canaan, bakemonogatari, yoku wakaru gendai mahou, kanamemo and princess lover.

and i might also pick up sora no manimani, tokyo magnitude, and seitokai no ichizon since they might be interesting.

the only ones ive really liked just from the first 2-3 episodes are bakemonogatari, kanamemo and princess lover, but ive decided to give the others a bit longer since some shows start off slow. i dunno why i like bakemonogatari is a bit dialog heavy imo and at times i have trouble reading all the text quickly enough to still watch the animation but it has made me laugh out loud and its got a main char i like and an entertaining girl that accompanies him as well as great interaction between them. kanamemo seems like one of those slice-of-life shows that follows middle school girl after losing her grandma and living at a newspaper shop. i find it cute and quirky and the drunk pedophile is hilirious, as is the dark-haired lesbian. princess lover is entertaining. its the usual guy surrounded by girls (i think its called harem) with massive giggling chests +swords thrown in for extra awsome, whats not to love. it kinda reminds me of asu no yoichi if karasuma had been rich

ive seen people talking about canaan a lot but i i didnt really find myself being too impressed by it yet. sure the animation is great but nothing has really grabbed me yet. i think it has a lot going on and i found it to be too much too quickly without any explanation or background. i also have to watch more of aoi hana before i can really say anything about it, but it also seemed cute and im interested in how the main char will grow/change as the story develops.

check out Random Curiosity though, i don't know what genre you're into but ive found that ive liked almost all the shows that they liked.

i kinda wanna watch another show like dennou coil though if anyone has any suggestions

edit: i watched the 2nd ep of aoi hana and just wow... it has begun to appeal to the pervy degenerate romance side of me
    Last edited by atticus; 07-22-2009 at 09:13 PM.
    I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what.

You all still have Zoidberg!

Hellsing Ultimate episode 6 is out. Seras kicks ass for once. Ridiculous series, but irresistibly entertaining. I watched it here: http://animeseason.com
    Currently reading: One Piece, Air Gear, History's Strongest Deciple Kenichi, Claymore, Gantz, Psyren, Fairy Tail,
    Change 123, Dragonball, Beelzebub, Deadman Wonderland, Naruto, Bleach, Bakuman.

DB is subbing a new(?) anime called Element Hunters. I just downloaded chapters one and two, it could be fun if you're looking for a new series to watch.

IMO it sorta stretches the limits of credulity, but then we could say the same about any other Manga or Anime.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Umm...I recommend Bakemonogatari, Bakemonogatari and Bakemonogatari. In Sangaz's words it's "fukken hot." On top of that it's different which surprised me. It takes an episode to figure out just what the hell is going on but you'll see for yourself that it's awesome. If you want a guarantee I'll say this. It's made by SHAFT which is the best studio out there.

It's gonna be a sad fall season as a try to find something decent through the slough of generic moe crap. T_T Oh well, maybe I'll take this opportunity to finally watch Fate/stay Night.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

from your recommendations i downloaded at least 7 animes and
    non of them is good except Bakemonogatari

Spoiler!
    Last edited by aaims; 08-26-2009 at 04:33 PM.