Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    I'm only going to mention ones that haven't been listed yet. Also, my summaries suck, so check out the titles with Wikipedia or Anime News Network for more info:

Anime:
    Akagi: Akagi Shigeru, the genius who descended into the darkness, enters a Mahjong parlor one night and ends up playing a game for a man whose life is riding on the game. If Akagi loses, the man will die. Worse, the people Akagi is playing against are the yakuza, and Akagi has never played Mahjong before in his life. So begins Akagi's story, which follows Akagi through various high-stakes games of Mahjong, in which Akagi bets money he could never make working a regular job, as well as his life.

Crest of the Stars: A space opera with two people from two different worlds in a universe at war. Very interesting, nice art, and amusing characters. Has a follow-up called Banner of the Stars.

G Gundam: It's Dragonball Z with giant robots. The pilots actually fight inside their mobile suits, in special rubber suits that tell the mobile suit what to do. A very MANLY anime, but not incredibly serious.

Maria-sama ga Miteru: Shojo series about an all-girl academy which has a "sister" system where upperclassmen (upperclasswomen?) pick lowerclassmen to become their soeur (French for sister), someone they will look after through the schoolyear. The characters look good and act even better. It may seem hard to get into, but as the series progresses, the amount of comedy goes way up, but so does the seriousness. Also, you might learn a little French, lol. J'aime regarder les soeurs.

Mobile Suit Gundam (0079, the original):
    IT'S THE ORIGINAL GUNDAM! 'Nuff said. (Or if you need more said, then how about wonderful Char and Amuro fighting without even knowing each other, the wonderful plot and characters, and wondering just what will happen?)

Manga:

Marmalade Boy: Light-hearted shojo focusing on Miki and Yuu, whose families switched partners. Each of their parents divorce, and Miki's mother marries Yuu's father, while Yuu's mother marries Miki's father. Together, the six of them move into a big house, and Miki and Yuu start living as brother and sister. Kind of. Soon, romantic feelings emerge, promising hijinks and big problems.

Dance till Tomorrow: An adult series that follows Suekichi Terayama, a college student who will inherit his grandfather's inheritance of 450 million yen if he can graduate from college and start a career. The big hurdle in this challenge is Aya, a mysterious woman that jumps into Suekichi's life, for better or for worse. Though it has graphic sex scenes (18+ only), the sex scenes are realistic and don't seem there just to get you excited (meaning that it resembles real life; people have sex in real life, you know?) Also, the series is VERY funny. It's better to buy it for the comedy than the sex (which sometimes features invisible penises, lol).

Yotsuba&!: Incredibly funny series from the creator of Azumanga Daioh. It follows Yotsuba, a little girl who is beyond weird. This is a girl that doesn't know what an air conditioner is and is scared of a balloon that is meant to scare birds away. It's a must-read for fans of comedy.
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!

Katana swinging nutcase ChaosRising's Avatar
    I thought we were talking about new anime, if so I'll go with Claymore, Gigantic Formula, and Hayate no Gotoku! The last because it's hilarious, I usually hate cutsey anime, but I can't hate this show it's just too funny. A battle Butler, too freaking out there! If we're going back as far as Gundam's, then I'm putting Kenshin up there, tons better than any of the Gundam's.

http://www.element-zero.com/lab/swf/chaos.html

Come visit Anime Guild for all your Anime needs and enjoy the site. Over 2000 complete and running series available for direct download, always free! Much more to come.

blood+
    black lagoon
    devil may cry
    samurai 7
    speed grapher
    desert punk

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    There is a new anime I enjoy watching right now called Mushi-uta, a brief synopsis from wiki can be found below.

Mushi-Uta's story takes place in the near future. Ten years before the story's opening, strange insect-like creatures known as "Mushi" began appearing. The Mushi are able to consume peoples' dreams and thoughts in return for supernatural powers. At the end of episode one, protagonist Daisuke "Kakkō" Kusuriya encounters a young girl named Shīka Anmoto. The two, in time, become quite close. However, unbeknownst to Kakkō, Shīka is an escapee from a secret prison known as GARDEN where those posessed by the Mushi, known as the Mushitsuki are held. GARDEN's military force, the Special Environmental Conservation Executive Office, dispatches its finest killer to track down Shīka. However, they are faced with resistance from the Mushibane resistance organisation, led by the secretive "Ladybird".
    Oh yes and if you haven't watched Darker Than Black, please do.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Katana swinging nutcase ChaosRising's Avatar
    Yes Darker than black is great, however do you have any idea where to find the last few episode torrents? I can't find anything past 11 that isn't corrupted.

http://www.element-zero.com/lab/swf/chaos.html

Come visit Anime Guild for all your Anime needs and enjoy the site. Over 2000 complete and running series available for direct download, always free! Much more to come.

Excuse me for using this threat as an identification threat, but since this one is to share ones knowledge about animes they watched, I though it was okey.
    I am looking for this anime, saw it on an AMV video and shows this girl up some stairs wind blowing, orange hair, here is a screenshot.
    I had to zip it cause the screenshot was 55 kbs and the max we can put in for jpeg is 19 kbs, alright, hope to get a reply with the identity of this girl. thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    AWSOME, ONE PIECE IS JUST FREAKING AWSOME!!.

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Quote Originally Posted by Erpada View Post
    Excuse me for using this threat as an identification threat, but since this one is to share ones knowledge about animes they watched, I though it was okey.
    I am looking for this anime, saw it on an AMV video and shows this girl up some stairs wind blowing, orange hair, here is a screenshot.
    I had to zip it cause the screenshot was 55 kbs and the max we can put in for jpeg is 19 kbs, alright, hope to get a reply with the identity of this girl. thank you.
    Mai Hime - But don't hold your breath - it's absolutely awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleplugerine View Post
    Mai Hime - But don't hold your breath - it's absolutely awful.
    That is also what i though, i mean, it is her, that same girl, eyes, hairstyle is all the same, but the school uniform is different, and i seen that whole series of Mai-HIme too, and yeah, i though it was boring but i never saw that part of the wind lifting her skirt, her turning around, and don't remember her having a second bag(looks like a sport bag) here are 2 other pics from that amv, its like only 1 second showing that part, goes by really fast in the amv.
    The unknowngirl3 are at a later part of the amv, not sure if it is the same girl, but looks close.
    Infact, here is the link to the amv, http://www.veoh.com/videos/v717448bM2kJe7a
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Erpada; 08-13-2007 at 08:13 PM.
    AWSOME, ONE PIECE IS JUST FREAKING AWSOME!!.

Cowboy Bebop
    Gundam Wing
    Outlaw Star
    GTO
    Flame of Recca
    YuYu Hakusho (right to the very end of the series)
    Berserk
    Noir

Those are the old-school ones that I'd recommend. Everything else is new, so those aren't hard to find...
    Simplicity is of its own grandeur...

Quote Originally Posted by StrataRazor View Post
    Cowboy Bebop
    Gundam Wing
    Outlaw Star
    GTO
    Flame of Recca
    YuYu Hakusho (right to the very end of the series)
    Berserk
    Noir

Those are the old-school ones that I'd recommend. Everything else is new, so those aren't hard to find...
    Those are old-school? Man, I feel kind of old . . .

To me, old-school series are Speed Racer and Sailor Moon and Mobile Suit Gundam.
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!