Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I liked Samurai Deeper Kyo.
    Also, Spirited Away is a great movie.

Here are some of those not mentioned up till now

Ended: (for now)

Shakugan no Shana first season (2nd season will start later this year in october)
    Blood +
    Sola

ongoing:

Seto no Hanayome
    Hayate no Gotoku!
    Nagasarete Airantou
    Lucky star
    Murder princess
    Monster princess/Kaibutsu oujo
    Romeo × Juliet
    School Days
    Zombie Loan
    The skull man

I sent my friend a message on myspace the other day, I'm just gunna copy it over.

Afro Samurai [it's alright, like, really good fighting and stuff, but the story kinda sucks]
    FLCL [one of my favorites. dub is better than sub in this one]
    Full Metal Alchemist [look for sub, but all you can find are probably dubs, they arent bad but arent the best. great series though. the manga for this one is great too, if you want to take a look. the stories are very different though, and the manga is still going]
    Full Metal Panic[season 1 and 3, speak the 2nd one. 2nd one is called fumoffu, 3rd is called the 2nd brigade or whatever, so dont mix up the 2nd brigade for the 2nd season]
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya [jesus, this is one of my all time favorites. I would watch this first. One thing is that the order of episodes are a little messed up, so you have to watch in a special order for them to make sense. look up the chronological order of them somewhere, wikipedia maybe, cus I can't remember, but for example, episode 1 is actually one of the last episodes. lol]
    Ouran High School Host Club [another favorite, it's just really funny.]
    Cowboy Bebop [oh god, this is such a good one. fun fights, old school animation style but still fantastic series.]
    Death Note [really really good, probably my favorite series of all time. read the manga or watch the anime, doesn't matter cus they both follow the same story. just don't, and I mean do NOT, watch the movie. it's the worst piece of crap ever.]
    Darker than Black [as the name suggests, a rather dark anime. I like it, it's pretty new though.]
    Claymore [another new anime, I like it alot but some people don't, so it's up to you.]
    Romeo X Juliet [lol, watch an episode maybe and see if you like it. it's kinda like a backwards, anime version of romeo and juliet, it's really cute though.]
    Samurai 7 [an old favorite of mine, you'll like it alot. very sad ending, it made me cry at the end]
    Samurai Champloo [another one of my favorites of all time. the dubs aren't bad at all on this, it's reaaaaally good. awesome story/fight scenes.]
    The girl who leapt through time [just watch this, here's the link. http://tv-links.co.uk/show.do/3/4586 it made me cry at the end]
    Black Lagoon [awesome fighting, very nice story. you'll like this one, i'm sure of it.]
    Hajime No Ippo [lol, boxing anime. it's long and kinda interesting to see how after all the training he goes through, he improves. it's also very funny. you might not like it though, it's a little slow]
    Yakitake!! Japan [this is one of the funniest animes i've ever seen in my entire life. it's about bread.]

-------

some other ones that you can look into, are KIBA, Busou Renkin, any of the Hayao Miyazaki movies, and Seirei no Moribito. Oh, and Lovely Complex. It's funny/romantic, not the greatest thing though. in terms of romantic comedies, Ouran High School Host Club is wayyy funnier/more romantic.

code geass(on going in fall) inukami(movie soon) haruhi suzumiya(on going *rumor*) amaenaideyo(only monk anime possibly worth watching for most guys ;]) Ouran host club (hilarious) ARIA (natural and animation for those who like slice of life genre) Lucky Star (on-going)

Just a few I'd recommend

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Laggan - Currently my favorite anime and I wished they would come out faster
    Naruto
    Bleach
    Claymore
    Darker Than Black
    Death Note
    Code Geass
    Black Lagoon
    Haibane Renmei
    Ergo Proxy
    Rahxephon
    Innocent Venus
    Noein
    Fate Stay Night

I'm almost 100% positive that Haruhi Suzumiya will not have a second season.

Just AnotherGeek
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    I'm almost 100% positive that Haruhi Suzumiya will not have a second season.
    Why not? News is everywhere and I think there was even an official announcement in a Magazine somewhere.

And to hell with no 2nd season. Fan will go crazy over it you know. :laugh

Go watch Darker Than Black. NOW!

心を吹き抜ける 空の色 香風。

These are the ones I like and would recommend. Duno if they're posted already though:

Ongoing (as of 7/18/07):
    Bleach
    D. Gray Man
    Kekkaishi
    Kaze no Stigma
    Naruto
    Darker than Black

Finished:
    Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori
    Ghost in the Shell: SAC
    Tsubasa Chronicle
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Death Note
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Fate / Stay Night
    Soukou no Strain
    Kiba
    Black Blood Brothers
    Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto
    Busou Renkin
    Inuyasha
    Card Captor Sakura
    Shounen Onmyouji
    Ghost Hunt
    Scrapped Princess
    Blood+

Note that these are animes.

Got some more, hope I don't say some double:
    Noir
    Wolfs Rain
    Kyo no Go no Ni (Only 4 Episodes, but it's just sooo funny)
    Zegapain (I don't really like Mech-Action, but this one has just a great story)
    Gantz