View Poll Results: Greatest Video Game Franchise?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bomberman

0 0%
  • Castlevania

0 0%
  • Street Fighter

1 1.79%
  • Metal Gear

3 5.36%
  • Doom

1 1.79%
  • Resident Evil

2 3.57%
  • Metroid

1 1.79%
  • Final Fantasy

24 42.86%
  • Mario

10 17.86%
  • The Legend of Zelda

14 25.00%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Wheres GTA #?..

Dog House Inspector StateOfMind's Avatar
    I Personally Dont Think Halo,GTA Or Smash Brothers Can Compare in anyway what these series has ever done..These guys are pretty much the orginal games think of how far these series go...Think of the numbers of Sales Games made time and effort and how these series are still alive(though bomberman is almost dead but has made like 1million games)
    I dream of a better world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.
    I Have Patty Hurst Syndrome!

Quote Originally Posted by Faizaud View Post
    I'm not tryin to say that the number of games makes you the best franchise. All I wanted to point out was that you wouldn't be able to make so many games unless you were doing something right.
    Not necessarily true. Though they're from different mediums, I think the following still work as examples:

Friday the 13th
    Halloween
    A Nightmare on Elm Street

All 3 movie series had a kickass beginning but a lot of sequels (some sequels in name only) that were not very good at all. They kept being made because they were well-known franchises that sold tickets based on the franchise and not the overall quality of the film.

The same thing happens a lot with the Final Fantasy games. Just look at Dirge of Cerebus.

I gotta say I am preety torn between Final Fantasy and the Legend of Zelda.
    Final Fantasy is more along the lines of an Authentic RPG and Zelda is more of a hands on RPG. Really hard to choose, all depends on what you prefer but I think I will go with Final Fantasy.

Well they broke away from the RPG formula with Dirge of Cerberus and tried something new. Some people enjoyed it, others feel it didn't work.