View Poll Results: Greatest Video Game Franchise?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bomberman

0 0%
  • Castlevania

0 0%
  • Street Fighter

1 1.79%
  • Metal Gear

3 5.36%
  • Doom

1 1.79%
  • Resident Evil

2 3.57%
  • Metroid

1 1.79%
  • Final Fantasy

24 42.86%
  • Mario

10 17.86%
  • The Legend of Zelda

14 25.00%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    You're making my points for me. Wanna tell me what system the first Final Fantasy was on??

I'm not arguing with you. All I said was that having a lot of games didn't necessarilly make it the best. I didn't like alot of the FF games on your list. I do however like the franchise and alot of the games on the list.
    My post had nothing to do with yours, it was a general question i was hoping to get an answer to.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

Quote Originally Posted by Faizaud View Post
    All I'm trying to point out with that list is that if your games sucked, no producers, develepors etc. would want their hand in such a product or allow you to go ahead with such a project. For there to have been so many FF's shows that they've been doing something right. There's no way you could have made 20+ games, if your games were shit.

Production wise Final Fantasy is a great franchise, however like I said earlier, Final Fantasy is losing it's touch, as a game, and I don't think that's what it takes to become the greatest franchise. It's true that they have more games, so the chances of releasing a bad title is higher than Mario and Zelda. However I think a good franchise or series should always maintain or heighten the good name of the past release. Simply, Mario and Zelda has release less, but in their release they have been able to please the fan more that's why I think Mario and Zelda is the better franchise.

Don't get me wrong I like FFs, but I don't think their the greatest franchise.

I personally love the entire halo storyline =]
    Fair enough the second game was way overrated, i'll accept that, but that almost entirely due to no game being able to live up to the hype that surrounds such a huge launch.
    Halo 3 on the other hand was an amazing game that lived up to almost everything it should have =D I think the main appeal thoguh to halo, besides the campaign (i only repeatedly play halo 1's campaign and the last level of halo 3, so not much replay value) is the INCREDIBLE multiplayer.
    When i say this Faizaud, i'm not trying to start an arguement or cause offence, but the Halo storyline is a LOT deeper than you have given it credit for. Master Chief is nothing like Samus at all except that they both wear armour, and the covenant are nothing at all like the space pirates except both being alien badguys =/ If that makes them similiar games, then almost every sci-fi FPS is the same as metroid mate =/
    Oh, and halo also came out about a year before Metroid prime... Which is the ONLY fps or 3d metroid series...

Well with Halo for me, I liked Halo 1 for the campaign, and Halo 2 for multiplayer. 3 was nothing more than a marginal graphical update for me. Honestly, I think after Halo 1, it was just all about hype. It's just like the NBA Live games. You can make the shittiest most broken game ever (not saying any Halo game was like this) but people will still buy it because of the name on the box -- "EA Sports NBA Live"

final fantasy hands down

Final Fantasy for me too.... but not the whole series :<
    only Final Fantasy VI and VII in that vote of mine, those were the only ones that left me in awe by all aspects

Thank you Eva-dono for the sig _o_

Fight Hunger with a "click"
    www.freerice.com

Dog House Inspector StateOfMind's Avatar
    Looks Like Final Fansty Is Veiwers Choice..Surprised theres no Street fighter votes that series was just amazing
    I dream of a better world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.
    I Have Patty Hurst Syndrome!

Street fighter sucked. It was just a fighting game. Too linear. More surprising no one said Castlevania.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

Well, my choice would go to the call of duty games