Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39
Results 381 to 387 of 387
  1. #381
    Que gatito mas leeendo!!! hikonami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    central america
    Posts
    815
    i just think gai might get a bit jelaous cuz hr kinda is kakashi's best friend-rival at the moment, and now kakashi's friend-nemesis-rival actually appeared...poor gai......
    Miau, Miau, Miau.....prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #382
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    740
    well you're kinda saying it yourself "his corpse" as that would indicate that he is dead(verified by minato, rin and kakashi afaik), and as such wouldnt care and cant be obito, ruling that out.

  3. #383
    Senior Member knife eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakun View Post
    I think you guys are reading a bit too much into all this, about it's not really being Obito or him being manipulated and the whole Rin conspiracy, etc... I'm personally not disappointed about it turning out to be Obito, there were many hints towards this fact since Shippuuden started, not knowing who it is or what's gonna happen next for sure, are what keep the entire manga interesting.

    Would it really be so hard to believe that he felt betrayed by Konoha in general, when not one of them came back to get his corpse from under all those rocks to give him a proper burial? Or his power manifested from the fact that he was buried alive, and could've phased through the rubble he was buried under?

    As to why he's only able to use his eye jutsu and nothing else (though that Uchiha Fire Shield would've qualified as another jutsu), might be because of his chakra network being crushed during that cave-in.

    We'll just have to wait and see the real explanation!
    The debilitated chakra network is a fancy idea; almost like orochimaru's sealed arms. What we see, though, is tobi doing tech to summon and use the demon statue, I'm unsure what sort of chakra molding is necessary. On top if that, and paulbee will remind you, is tobi replacing his arms with what appears to be (95% doubt free) zetsu matter. What that does or does not do to the human chakra system... well you guess is as good as mine.

    My personal inkling of a thought, for as things stand now, is that tobi's rare or eschewed jutsu is due to his personal decisions and taste within a twisted ethos. There is even the chance tobi outright despises ninjutsu on the same level orochimaru craves it. On one hand tobi wants to br complete in a sense and on the other he wants to end the ninja world antithetically to how so6p created it.
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

  4. #384
    Beer and Music
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    4,184
    Quote Originally Posted by knife eater View Post
    What exactly doesn't fit with the timeline? Obito being tobi doesn't so much as even sneeze at the timeline. Want to argue on the basis of his drawn physique when fighting minato, ok, valid point. Want to argue based on the spirit and character of obito as portrayed in kakashi gaiden? Go ahead... but the timeline? You are barking up the wrong uchiha cuz if you are looking for timeline inconsistencies; all that is in itachi's department. There is nothing broken in the timeline when allowing obito to become tobi. We don't even see a short haired masked man in any flashback prior to kakashi gaiden.

    Not logical? I used to think the same until it occurred to me we have characters with immortality jutsus, soul transference techniques, habits of stalking young and important shinobi children, eye switching galore, forbidden manipulation of the dead, secret knowledge, conversations with a "progenitor ", multiple personalities, compound identities, reality and destiny bending genjutsus, wills of fire, tailed beast team ups, and tobi is in the thick of it all!

    Obito did not exist in a character or narrative vacuum, given he was an uchiha with an uncanny sharingan ability and given that madara and orochimaru have a thing for "brats", how illogical can it really be for obito to grow into tobi? All his actions indicate madara's influence either directly as a mentor or just a name to evoke power for a broken young mind that somehow discovered the wrong answers.

    Nagato and obito stood for something entirely different before they were molded into madara's pawns. Nagato's transformation into pein is just as illogical yet just as sensible as obito's transformation into tobi.
    Cool post man. I'm sorry that I won't believe what you believe in.

    And I would have actually replied with my side of the argument, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by ??????? View Post
    @ Knife Eater, That's actually quite a thought! The part about how illogical the transformation seems from good guy to villain. If you look at Nagato what was the breaking point for him? It was the death of his best friend by his own hands and the fiasco that followed. Now look at Obito! Hew was good kid so what could be bad enough to transform him into the evil being he is at the moment?

    I think the fact that we do not have any back story on Rin besides her childhood with team Minato plays a huge role in things to come. Tobi's extreme role change cant be for the simple reason that he misses Rin or entrusted Kakashi to protect her. People die and I think Obito could have dealt with Rin's death if it was beyond his control! I don't think Rin dying would turn Obito into a monster. Instead I believe Obito may have had something to do with Rin's death. By the time Tobi controlled the fox and wreaked havoc on the leaf he already had his take over the world mentality and another thing I noticed is when they take the younger ninjas to safety like Kakashi and Guy Rin doesn't seem to be there does this mean she had already died by then? Also would Rin's death not explain how Obito acquired the mangekyo in such a short time?

    If Obito had something to do with Rin's death then I could understand the change in belief and the gained mangekyo for Obito in such a short time, another thing to mention is that in the Minato fight it is very clear that Tobi's battle prowess is nowhere near where it is today and I think that is because he may have just awakened his mangekyo and was getting accustomed to its power. I say this because in the fight he seems ill prepared, for example he didn't know that he needed to vacuum Minato the instant he touched him and when Minato planted the seal on Tobi to release the Kyuubi Tobi says "Are you trying to break my contract with the kyuubi" like he needed confirmation on what Minato was doing and I don't see Madara responding like that. I just get the feeling he was juvenile at that time and didn't know as much as he does currently.

    Imagine If Obito was forced to kill RIn to gain Mangekyo and to prove himself to whomever he was allied with be it madara, Izuna, Orochimaru, or zetsu.
    This person did it for me. Fuckin A.

  5. #385
    H+ xioaxioa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Location Moved
    Posts
    2,713
    Chapter 600 has been out for a little while. If you didn't know...

    I Love You!
    Spoiler!

  6. #386
    Senior Member knife eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    Cool post man. I'm sorry that I won't believe what you believe in.

    And I would have actually replied with my side of the argument, but...



    This person did it for me. Fuckin A.
    Im confused. Are you disagreeing with my post? The quote you used to make the case for your argument was actually agreeing with mine while offering support and alternatives to how obito's transformation works.
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

  7. #387
    Appearance of Darkness Aga bomBa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by knife eater View Post
    Im confused. Are you disagreeing with my post? The quote you used to make the case for your argument was actually agreeing with mine while offering support and alternatives to how obito's transformation works.

    .. It's Juice, he's making fun of you
    ... You're Dead 2 Me Now ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •