View Poll Results: Why do you think Itachi lost.

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was a clone made by Pein.

5 4.72%
  • He was attacked by someone.

30 28.30%
  • Other

71 66.98%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Itachi's defeat

Itachi's defeat

As we can read in manga chapter 394, Itachi lost because he wasn't as strong as he was supposed to be. What do you guys think? Was it a replication made by Pein, so he was weaker? Or was he attacked by someone before the fight, if you think so, post by who you think it was. Or did something else happen? Like Madara making him weaker.

Post your ideas.

I don't think it was Pein's replicating jutsu in action. I think Zetsu would have known if it was since he's seen it before. At first, I was gonna say that it could have been damage sustained after fighting the 4-tails, but i remembered he didn't fight it directly. And even if he took damage, it couldn't have been so much that it would have affected his reflexes. There was also considerable time to recover since that happened around the Sasuke-Deidara fight. I have no clue what the deal is. Who knows, it could have something to do with why Itachi wanted to talk to Naruto.

I´ve to agree with afro thunda. If it had been a replication Itachi would have only 30% of his chakra.. Back then Naruto and Kakashi (chiyoba-sama sakura) defeated him easily without giving their best...so a Replication is not really possible.

I guess that the Tsukuyomi was the reason that he loss. Itachi had a disadvantage from more or less the beginning of the fight. He lost a lot of chakra,his reflexes suffered and his MS too.
    Sasuke avoided his technique easily without wasting much chakra, just because of the cursed-seal.

I do not think that someone attacked Itachi earlier.. we just saw Naruto meeting him in the Forest, but Itachi disappeared like he did it often.
    Last edited by Harraldo; 03-21-2008 at 07:11 PM.

I don't think it's Pein jutsu, for the simple reason that, assuming he's dead, he should have shapeshifted back to the original body. But if he is still alive, then might as well be. I don't think he was attacked by someone, cause face it, there's almost nobody that can injure him seriously, except Madara and Pein. But I don't think he would have fought Madara prior to taking Sasuke's eyes, so do you reckon it might have been Kabuchimaru? But I don't think Kabu would be such a problem. There must be some reason, though, and I think, too, that that might have to do with the fact that he wanted to talk to Naruto.

Btw, we're assuming that it was a clone with much more chakra than 30%. If it was a clone.

If it was Pein, then Kishimoto is kicking everyone in the face. It might be that he challenged Madara, which is why he needs Sasuke's eyes to beat madara in the future. Because I doubt it was Madara's intention to have Itachi take Sasuke's eyes, since Madara seems to want Sasuke for his future plans.

Dissenter of Shangri-la
    i'd find it weird if kishi had zetsu suggest him being injured before the fight, only for there to be nothing to that. so i'm guessing madara had something to do with him being weaker than zetsu expected. i don't know if he attacked him or if he used some other MS technique on itachi to throw him off some.

and like crossx21 said, if it was one of pein's clones that would completely cheapen what we've been reading for the past few months.

How Is It Possible That Itachi Has Been Defeated?

I mean before the fight occurred. I know I must have missed it somewhere...

I mean if Itachi wasn't taking any damages or was being defeated before the fight occurred, then Itachi would emerge as a victor in this battle.

But the question is HOW? What did Sasuke do? I mean, in the beginning of the battle- Sasuke told Itachi that he can use his eyes again and again but in the end Itachi will be the one who is going to die.

Kimimaro illness strikes again?

i refuse to believe that itachi-sama was defeated by his foolish little emo brother
    he must have endured smth before,all the blood cough and rustiness...
    something is fishy around this so-called ictory
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

We don't know how Itachi lost. Zetsu is pointing to outside interference prior to the battle. Sasuke didn't do anything. All they did was wear each other out until they both couldn't fight anymore. Of course, Itachi looks like he is dead but its still unconfirmed if he is or not.