• |3| Average

2 15.38%
  • |2| Bad

1 7.69%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Spade View Post
    Ummm, for all intents and purposes, we just got a Yama-jii flashback. Does that mean he is going to die soon???

Just asking....
    Well I think the flashback was mainly about Choujirou

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    - lol is that the old man as a not so old man lol he used just for men on his beard

- That flashback has to be about 1000 years ago

- Kubo tries to make the most ignored irrelevant character into something more after hes dead

- lol Burn baby burn Captain inferno !!!!
    LOL at mangpanda's version . Choujirou and Yamamoto are over 2000 years old, yeah the limit of shinigami's age, most likely, it's over 9000 !!!:
    Spoiler!

Choujirou is currently the 3rd quickest person mentioned, to have acquired a bankai in such a short time (the first is Ichigo, then Urahara).

2000 years of polishing a weather controlling bankai, damn, it just might have 10 stages, since Byakuya's had 3 forms and he isn't even close as old.

As to Ichigo leaving the cage:
    Spoiler!

I feel like drawing his new form, I can more or less imagine it ... or can't I ? Damn, I'm not sure in which way it will go. To Hichogo's level 2, with marks, but without the mask, or more around what we have seen from FGT...

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    I think this may have already been explained, but do Zanpakuto go to a different person when the person they were being wielded by dies? Or do ther die along with them?

That's a good question. I don't believe they die. I think they MAY lay dormant. It's a tricky situation certainly.

I say that because Tousen used the Zanpakuto of his deceased friend as his own. However Kubo never explained whether or not his friend had unlocked Shikai or Bankai prior to dying. I'm guessing she had not. Also if Zanpakutos DO die, how is it that the Sternritter Overkill was still able to use Choujirou's Bankai? Shouldn't it have been depleted?

You can argue that because the Bankai was captured & confined within their technology that it remained. However since Zanpakutos are a suppose to be an extension of their master's power who's generating the the energy for these stolen Bankai? That's some badass tech these Quincies have!

Sorry I can't give you an answer. I'm not sure myself on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    I think this may have already been explained, but do Zanpakuto go to a different person when the person they were being wielded by dies? Or do ther die along with them?
    A zanpakutou is part of a Shinigami's soul. It dies along with him or her, No ifs, No ands, No buts. Zangetsu is part of Ichigo's soul/spirit if he dies (the true death), Zangetsu will die too. The Blade one sees is created by the shinigami's Reiatsu/or Reishi, and if shattered, it can heal itself. If the Shinigami dies, the Blade is left a lifeless piece of Spirit particles just as the Buildings in SS are composed of spirit particles too.

Touzen might have used the Sword made by his friends soul, but the spirit inhabiting that sword which came from his friend had died when she died.

Now in the case of the Sternritters' medallions, they have succeeded in capturing and enslaving that part of the Shinigami's soul. No doubt the shinigami find it very offensive and disturbing indeed indeed.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Spade View Post
    which makes it even worse that Byakuya got handled by his own bankai!!!
    The very big difference here even without the fear factor thing is that this is yamamoto lol.....and the bankai that was shot at him was just his subordinates..... you can hit this guy with senbonzakura 10x over he'd fry as nodt like it was nothing.... byakuya can't be seriously compared to someone like yamamoto.....people forget that he is also a tank....much like kenpachi maybe even greater..... he could receive a ton of multiple close range damage from a release wonderweiss while mocking the kid.....byakuya is byakuya.... he can't be compared to yama-ji here

So mangastream version says he didn't used it for 2000 years.... he must have been really rusty lately without using it for that long and without ever participating in serious fights for that long..... and how old are this dudes lol? yamamoto must be over 5000 yrs old or more

Let's try to remember that Kubo has emphasized how dangerous Byakuya's Bankai is to himself, we saw that re-emphasized in the last arc. Now unless your hide is very thick, or you have a technique that hardens the skin, Byakuya's Bakai will do some damage.

Now having said that, I personally have to believe that Yamamoto Genriyusai will somehow Tank Byakuya's stuff, but that's the limit.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Now here's where things get really interesting. I initially thought Yamamoto was about 1,000 years old. When Yama faced off against Aizen he said there hasn't been a Shinigami stronger than him in over 1,000 years. Now it turns out that Yama is well over 2,000 years old, and in a recent chapter Kurotsushi told Yamamoto all of this was happening because he failed to kill "that man" (= Buckbeard) 1,000 years ago. Very exciting indeed.

And Zaraki's so dead. Which is a pity, because as soon as I read that the Quincies can seal off Bankais I thought "Zaraki's sooo going to kick arse".

Prick List: Gaara, Bee Genesis 1.0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    It was a short yet great chapter.
    Pretty much.

Beautifully written, flowed well, & ended in a gripping & satisfying manner.

"For I being a poor man, have only my dreams & I have spread them beneath your feet. Tread carefully, for you tread upon my dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Anyway, hope this redeems choujirou from those who called him useless. He was actually a rather decent guy. Ichigo just make almost every sub-captain (and even some captains) level fighters look weak.
    Actually this makes him even more useless than he already is. Got a strong bankai but still didn't do anything worthwhile. Bleach would have been exactly the same story whether he's there or not.

sig made by me