View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • |5| Excellent

    25 73.53%
  • |4| Good

    7 20.59%
  • |3| Average

    1 2.94%
  • |2| Bad

    0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

    1 2.94%
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 255
  1. #41
    Senior Member Maximo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I don't mind that Naruto wasted his opportunity on the mask. This way, whether Tobi runs away or not, we at least get a chance to see his face. Minato landed a serious blow, and it was pointless.
    Well, that blow did manage to make Tobi retreat but I suppose there is some sort of confusion around Rasengan lately. I mean, sometimes it rips enemies to shreds like with that Mechanical Pain, other times it just looks like a flesh wound. Way back in the earlier chapters it was supposedly implied that Rasengan does not deal much damage on the outside of the body but it "should" make a hell of a mess inside.

    Spoiler!


    That "should" meant that Tobis stomach would be ripped to shreds from the inside by that Minatos Rasengan hit but it did not .. plus Narutos rasengan hit on his arm "should" have made atleast some bone fractures on the inside as well but it did not. Pain Yahiko got struck by Rasengan and it looked a hell of a lot deadlier .. so sometimes it does nothing and sometimes it does too much :/ Rasengan really is weird
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

  2. #42
    Yesss... Rlinfamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    3,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    Well, that blow did manage to make Tobi retreat but I suppose there is some sort of confusion around Rasengan lately. I mean, sometimes it rips enemies to shreds like with that Mechanical Pain, other times it just looks like a flesh wound. Way back in the earlier chapters it was supposedly implied that Rasengan does not deal much damage on the outside of the body but it "should" make a hell of a mess inside.

    Spoiler!


    That "should" meant that Tobis stomach would be ripped to shreds from the inside by that Minatos Rasengan hit but it did not .. plus Narutos rasengan hit on his arm "should" have made atleast some bone fractures on the inside as well but it did not. Pain Yahiko got struck by Rasengan and it looked a hell of a lot deadlier .. so sometimes it does nothing and sometimes it does too much :/ Rasengan really is weird
    Personally, I'd say the best example was the damage on Muu's body. I agree it seems inconsistent based on the needs of the plot. Tobi's body is still a mystery... if he's made up of Zetsu parts on more than just his arms, then perhaps his insides could sustain more damage than the average person.

  3. #43
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I don't mind that Naruto wasted his opportunity on the mask. This way, whether Tobi runs away or not, we at least get a chance to see his face. Minato landed a serious blow, and it was pointless.
    LOL RLIN.

    We can Kill Tobi and STILL see his face. For sure.

    Tell you what else, I don't really care so much about his face as I care about his plans.

    If we see his face, and he still get to capture or kill Killerbee, or he's still able to protect the Juubi untill it's stabilized, and then runs away with the Juubi, Maskless, and Kills all the Ninjas coming to help, what Good will seeing his face do, besides satisfy curiousity and some of the Hype?

    What's more important, stopping an enemy here and now and saving the world, or unmasking him and risking him getting away?

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  4. #44
    Yesss... Rlinfamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    3,437
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    LOL RLIN.

    We can Kill Tobi and STILL see his face. For sure.

    Tell you what else, I don't really care so much about his face as I care about his plans.

    If we see his face, and he still get to capture or kill Killerbee, or he's still able to protect the Juubi untill it's stabilized, and then runs away with the Juubi, Maskless, and Kills all the Ninjas coming to help, what Good will seeing his face do, besides satisfy curiousity and some of the Hype?

    What's more important, stopping an enemy here and now and saving the world, or unmasking him and risking him getting away?
    Well... I don't even want Tobi to be defeated until after Naruto has battled Sasuke, and Edo Madara has been defeated. In short, I want Tobi to be the End Villain. So I don't mind seeing Tobi's face and chasing him off. I think the good guys will find a way to somehow stop Tobi's plan from succeeding *right now*, so that he'll have to delay his plans. Somehow it doesn't feel right at all that Tobi could complete his Moon's Eye Plan without even involving Sasuke.

    We've spent the last 2 weeks debating Obito/Izuna stuff, not how Tobi will be defeated... I care far more about the mask! Whether it's a wise priority for Naruto is another matter.

  5. #45
    LOL, U MAD? Arbitrary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Bones View Post
    Why haven't anyone commented on what Tobi said to Kakashi this chapter?
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/598/7

    "I'm not afraid of some borrowed power that you can only use a bunch of times"

    Some BORROWED power? Why would he say that if he WASN'T Obito? If he had taken Obito's sharingan, he would have a borrowed power as well..
    He's more likely alluding to the fact that Kakashi is not an Uchiha.

  6. #46
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Well... I don't even want Tobi to be defeated until after Naruto has battled Sasuke, and Edo Madara has been defeated. In short, I want Tobi to be the End Villain. So I don't mind seeing Tobi's face and chasing him off. I think the good guys will find a way to somehow stop Tobi's plan from succeeding *right now*, so that he'll have to delay his plans. Somehow it doesn't feel right at all that Tobi could complete his Moon's Eye Plan without even involving Sasuke.

    We've spent the last 2 weeks debating Obito/Izuna stuff, not how Tobi will be defeated... I care far more about the mask! Whether it's a wise priority for Naruto is another matter.
    Actually I guess I had begun to move away, psychologically from Tobi being the end villain, but I don't have any preference really. I guess if Naruto doesn't kill him now, it leave that possiblity open.

    As it stands, Kishi has got a few possible villains, and plot twists..Oro, Madara, Tobi, and less probably Sasuke and Kabuto.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    He's more likely alluding to the fact that Kakashi is not an Uchiha.
    It's no surprise you think that. The Narutoverse knows Kakashi isn't an Uchiha. And it's been known by Naruto himself since the Zabuza arc. Pointing out that Kakashi isn't an Uchiha at this point and time would be the same as pointing out Sasuke "is." In that regard, both are equally irrelevant after 500+ chapters. Pointing out that Kakashi isn't an Uchiha, when no one cares is assinine. Why would Tobi point out something that everyone already knows? I don't expect you to be able to answer that but the basic fact is there is no value for Tobi to point out something so obvious. His comment about Kakashi's "borrowed" power is a direct confirmation that Tobi himself is Obito.

  8. #48
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Phoenix View Post
    It's no surprise you think that. The Narutoverse knows Kakashi isn't an Uchiha. And it's been known by Naruto himself since the Zabuza arc. Pointing out that Kakashi isn't an Uchiha at this point and time would be the same as pointing out Sasuke "is." In that regard, both are equally irrelevant after 500+ chapters. Pointing out that Kakashi isn't an Uchiha, when no one cares is assinine. Why would Tobi point out something that everyone already knows? I don't expect you to be able to answer that but the basic fact is there is no value for Tobi to point out something so obvious. His comment about Kakashi's "borrowed" power is a direct confirmation that Tobi himself is Obito.
    Whether Tobi is Obito or not, his words to Kakashi were well targeted to instil doubt first, and then to berate and belittle him. That's why he used the term borrowed power.

    In the past Tobi has shown great pride of the Sharingan, and the Uchiha. Tobi's comment was a mixture of disdain, and taunting, kind of like the same type of comments that Sasuke made as he fought Kakashi and upped his Susanoo up to the next level, under the bridge where he had killed Danzo.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  9. #49
    Senior Member MOTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Whether Tobi is Obito or not, his words to Kakashi were well targeted to instil doubt first, and then to berate and belittle him. That's why he used the term borrowed power.

    In the past Tobi has shown great pride of the Sharingan, and the Uchiha. Tobi's comment was a mixture of disdain, and taunting, kind of like the same type of comments that Sasuke made as he fought Kakashi and upped his Susanoo up to the next level, under the bridge where he had killed Danzo.
    ^^ I agree, he was basically taunting Kakashi. Just because Tobi used the term doesn't give us any facts that he's Obito.
    "RESPECT"

  10. #50
    SIMS for short >:] StareIntoMySharingan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,343
    If tobi REALLy is obito... HAHAHA! We've all been fooled! Seriously though; does anyone know who started the tobi is Obito theory?

    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Whether Tobi is Obito or not, his words to Kakashi were well targeted to instil doubt first, and then to berate and belittle him. That's why he used the term borrowed power.

    In the past Tobi has shown great pride of the Sharingan, and the Uchiha. Tobi's comment was a mixture of disdain, and taunting, kind of like the same type of comments that Sasuke made as he fought Kakashi and upped his Susanoo up to the next level, under the bridge where he had killed Danzo.
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...9/page010.html

    It's funny how that seems to be something that both Tobi and Obito share. Ironic.
    Last edited by StareIntoMySharingan; 08-23-2012 at 03:14 AM.
    And witness the sparkle within this world of darkness.
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic54294_1.gif


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •