Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar
    it all comes down to skill. sasuke was trained by orochimaru who is very adept with genjutsu himself. add in the fact that sharingan can cast genjutsu and you've got a pretty good genjutsu user. add that with the fact sharingan can see thru most other jutsu and sasuke's will and determination then it'll be pretty hard to catch him in any genjutsu. and lets not forget it was used on sasuke twice already so he had already been through it. all there was left to do was find a way to overcome it. and zetsu had a pretty good explaination too

Naruto 388 | Read naruto chapter 388 manga online

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Sasuke also was hit by it twice before that already, survived it both times. I think he knows what to expect and probably thought up a way to defeat it.

Yeah, Zetsu's explanation was sufficient enough (for me anyways). Yet for Sasuke to have obtained the mangekyou sharingan and for it to be almost exactly the same as the three-tomoe sharingan, would be completely and utterly lame.
    Personally I like all the different appearances of the individual mangekyou sharingans. We've gotten a chance to see four of them Itachi, Kakashi, Madara/Tobi/Whoever he is!, and Madara's brother.

Quote Originally Posted by jk147 View Post
    Sasuke also was hit by it twice before that already, survived it both times. I think he knows what to expect and probably thought up a way to defeat it.
    Thats kinda like saying 'I got kicked in the balls twice, but now I wont feel the pain the third time as I'm full of hate and suffered before'. Might be a bad analogy but if thats how Kishi is writing it then I am a bit disappointed.

stewchan: your as funny as fuck you are.

But I don’t think I could survive being kicked in the balls more than twice.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by stewchan View Post
    Sorry if its been stated before but I haven't heard it but been thinking for a while. Well to start with I think Sasuke has MS, but did not shout it out because he knew he was being watched by Zetsu. Why I think this? Simple, because Itachi already stated that on MS can overcome MS and that it was supposed to have been that which made Sasuke achieve it.

Ok, if your still lost then i'll go a bit further. We all know that all MS have different styles, what if Sasukes style didnt differ much from the origanal 3-tomoe sharingan? This would make anyone just think it was normal sharingan whilst letting Sasuke keep an extra trump card for his fight against the big meanie, Madara, instead of wasting it on Itachi as he wanted to defeat him his own way instead of itachi's way.

So what you think?
    No.. Sasuke doesn't have M.Sharingan. Tsukiyomi is jutsu like anyother jutsu that used Chakra. It used it to create a ever quick genjutsu that manipulate time/space at the will of the user to mentally destroy it's opponents within seconds.

Remember, what Kakashi said to Sakura, Naruto and Chiyo (old lady puppet master) he will get caught in it before you realize it. Therefore preventing you the time to dispel the genjutsu. And, once caught it only takes a second for it to destroy your mind. You can say it's the fastest working Genjutsu.

However, Sasuke was mentally and physically ready for it. And, as Itachi kept casting Genjutsu Sasuke was counter-casting genjutsu. Using the Curse Seal as a Chakra boost and probably some other tricks he developed from training with Orochimaru to dispel and continue his casting to prevent himself to totally fall into Tsukiyomi.

And, since Itachi can't continuously use it for great period of time. He had to switch to other tactics.

Well that's my two cents....... Personally I think if Itachi could use Tsukiyomi without fear eye sight damage he would eventually would caught and held Sasuke within it Genjutsu.

Remember, what Kakashi said to Sakura, Naruto and Chiyo (old lady puppet master) he will get caught in it before you realize it. Therefore preventing you the time to dispel the genjutsu. And, once caught it only takes a second for it to destroy your mind. You can say it's the fastest working Genjutsu.
    Wrong, that's a misinterpretation... Tsukuyomi is the only genjutsu which cannot be dispelled. It is noted as 'the most powerful' genjutsu.

Sasuke was able to escape the jutsu for two reasons:
    1. Will power
    2. He used the chakra generated from the curse seal to help him dispel the technique.

Note when he activates the cursed seal, the chakra focuses on the eye to help him cancel the technique.

You never know the value of things that are precious to us... until they are taken.

Thats kinda like saying 'I got kicked in the balls twice, but now I wont feel the pain the third time as I'm full of hate and suffered before'. Might be a bad analogy but if thats how Kishi is writing it then I am a bit disappointed.
    I think its more like 'I got kicked in the balls twice, but now I wont feel the pain the third time because I know if I put my hands down I can block it.'

Then people are like 'OMG WHY DIDN'T THE BALLS KICK WORK?'

HAHAHA
    ------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocat View Post
    I think its more like 'I got kicked in the balls twice, but now I wont feel the pain the third time because I know if I put my hands down I can block it.'

Then people are like 'OMG WHY DIDN'T THE BALLS KICK WORK?'

No your wrong cuz Sasuke did get hit by the genjutsu :p
    Last edited by kabe87; 03-27-2008 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Could Itachi's weakend state have caused Tsukoyomi to not be as powerful as usual. Maybe the strength of his MS was weakening.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan