Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Naruto Why Sasuke survived Tsukiyomi

Sorry if its been stated before but I haven't heard it but been thinking for a while. Well to start with I think Sasuke has MS, but did not shout it out because he knew he was being watched by Zetsu. Why I think this? Simple, because Itachi already stated that on MS can overcome MS and that it was supposed to have been that which made Sasuke achieve it.

Ok, if your still lost then i'll go a bit further. We all know that all MS have different styles, what if Sasukes style didnt differ much from the origanal 3-tomoe sharingan? This would make anyone just think it was normal sharingan whilst letting Sasuke keep an extra trump card for his fight against the big meanie, Madara, instead of wasting it on Itachi as he wanted to defeat him his own way instead of itachi's way.

So what you think?

Way back when Itachi fought Kakashi, Itachi stated that only someone with the true blood of the Uchiha clan (Not MS) could hope to defeat his Mangekyou Sharingan. If Sasuke had the MS, Itachi wouldn't have had to tell him about it's side effect since Sasuke would have noticed it already. That right there tells me Sasuke doesn't have MS. Zetsu said that Itachi underestimated Sasuke and that's why Tsukiyomi was defeated.

True about what Itachi said to Kakashi, but I think thats because only an Uchiha can last so long using MS against MS, as we see Kakashi in hospital for weeks after using his twice.

I think Sasuke has it but is not very adept in its use yet, therefore not noticed much change with his eyesight yet.

And as for Zetsu, I think they all underestimated him as they dont know how he got out of Tsukiyomi relatively undamaged. So I think this concept still holds its load

P.S. Afro, only 3 more posts, i got a bit of work to catch up lol

The only reason why Kakashi was in the hospital for so long was because the drain of the sharingan is much more significant on his body since he is not an Uchiha. Itachi used his MS 3 times in the same day and was able to walk away but Kakashi used his 3 times and couldn't walk at all.

My main reason for not believing that Sasuke has MS is cuz he said that he wouldn't attain power the way Itachi did. If he would have showed up to that fight with MS, he would have just been playing right into Itachi's hands which was something he didn't want to do. Remember, Itachi knew right off the bat that Sasuke didn't have MS.

As for the Tsukiyomi business, Sasuke was relatively undamaged because Itachi didn't finish the jutsu. It was cut short when Sasuke broke out.

To tell the truth originally thought different but how would Itachi be able to tell the difference if he had or didnt if it resembled normal. I know all sharingan can see the colour of chakra but unless directly focusing chakra into his eyes for an attack I dont know how he would be able to tell. Maybe thats why he said he didnt have it was because Itachi couldnt tell the difference.

Are you sure Tsukiyomi was cut short or as I remember Sasuke 'overcame' the jutsu and instead damged Itachi more than Sasuke. which is not a feat most ninjas can accomplish. Itachi told Naruto that it was no ordinary genjutsu.

??????
    the genjutsu itachi used on naruto wasnt tsukuyomi, it was just a genjutstu induced by the point of a finger, tsukuyomi comes fromthe ms users left eye

isnt it once captured by the eyes he can put you in by the point of a finger, i may be all confused on this aspect though

I just assumed that there was like a general difference that could be felt in the chakra between an MS user and a regular sharingan user. Like how Zetsu noted that the air around Itachi changed when he got serious. But anyway, if Sasuke did indeed have the MS, I don't see why he wouldn't have used it. Assuming that he had MS during the fight, you can see that him not using it almost costed him his own eyes. He was definitely forced to a point where he could have used MS if he had it. So that's one more reason why I don't believe he has it now.

Itachi was going to pluck out both of Sasuke's eyes in Tsukiyomi, but Sasuke went cs2 and broke out before that could happen. So yea, he overcame it. I believe that Itachi's eye would still be in pain if he completed the jutsu, but since Sasuke broke out, it took more damage than it normally would.

He told Naruto that he can cast genjutsu with his fingers. They all thought that by not looking at Itachi's eyes, they could stay free of his genjutsu. Itachi proved that theory wrong using Naruto.

P.S. Yay 1k posts.

Well done Afro, i'm still aiming for 100

As stated above, the only reason i can assume he never used MS properly was because he wanted to beat Itachi his own way, not the way Itachi wanted.

The point where he would of been forced to use it though was after all his chakra had been depleted anyway. But anyways it was just a thought. Would also like to know what other people think but same as always, time will tell, though you'll more than likely be right Afro

Sasuke did not know about the side effects of the MS. Kakashi was able to discover this side-effect after he unlocked the MS.

Finally the only reason Sasuke was able to break out of Tsukiyomi was because they both possessed the same blood and also the fact that this was the THIRD time Sasuke had seen the attack. After the first two times he prob came up with a counter against Itachi. Also it could be said Sasuke was able to break out of Itachi's MS bc of the CS2/Orochimaru.
    I am McLOVIN