Page 92 of 154 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast

theory

The Tobi = Obito= Danzo theory still holds water in my book. It answers too many questions.

Two Assumptions concerning this theory:

I'm going to assume that Madera has survived so long because he has a sharigan ability to somehow transfer/take over the body of another sharigan user.

And I believe that Madera has a eye technique that allows him to manipulate time.

This would answer a lot of questions such as:

How did Madera survive the fight with the first hokage? It wasn't him, it was his brother. When he "took his eyes" he really changed bodies with him and lived on
    How is Madera still alive? He's surviving somehow, and I don't see how else an eye technique can make you immortal
    Why did Itachi obliterate the entire clan? To prevent Madera from body hopping and living on
    Why does Madera say after Sasuke beats Itachi "we need to get Itachi's corpse" (396/07) He needs it for some sort of potential transfer jutsu
    Why does Madera keep Sasuke alive? Because he plans to take him over OR he knows Sasuke's goal is to re-establish the clan which would allow him to live on
    Why is Itachi coughing blood going into the Sasuke fight? He somehow injured himself resisting Madera's transfer jutsu
    Why does Madera say "I know everything there is to know about Itachi" (397/16) Because he is Danzo, who is head of ANBU which Itachi was once a part of

It makes more sense to me to think that Itachi decided on his own he had to stop Madera at all costs, than the Hokage told him to butcher his whole clan. It makes more sense that the Hokage doesn't know about Madera and doesn't understand Itachi's motive, and instead labels him a rogue ninja.

Now the Obito theory:

The only reasons I want to believe this is because it explains how Madera is alive, and the whole 1-eye aspect of the mask. The one eye isn't just a coincidence, it has to have a reason. Either Obito actually survived when they thought he died, OR it has something to do with the Space/time ninjutsu aspect of the sharingan. This would basically mean Madera has some ability to control time and can manipulate a corpse back to life and then take it over.

Now I know this leaves a ton of things up in the air, and doesn't answer every potential question, but if Madera can manipulate time in some fashion it makes about as much sense as possible to tie all these things together. It explains how Madera, after getting hit with Amaretsu from Sasuke, is able to go to the shadows and come back unscathed.

The theory does have holes. Such as, if he can manipulate time, why does Itachi kill the clan off to prevent Madera if he can just go back in time and take over a dead corpse? Only time will tell I suppose....

Quote Originally Posted by whacha View Post
    The Tobi = Obito= Danzo theory still holds water in my book. It answers too many questions.

Two Assumptions concerning this theory:

I'm going to assume that Madera has survived so long because he has a sharigan ability to somehow transfer/take over the body of another sharigan user.
    Ok, lemme see where you're going with this one.

And I believe that Madera has a eye technique that allows him to manipulate time.
    I'll buy this one.

This would answer a lot of questions such as:

How did Madera survive the fight with the first hokage? It wasn't him, it was his brother. When he "took his eyes" he really changed bodies with him and lived on
    Then technically wouldn't he still have died even if he was in his brothers body because he took the eyes before he fought shodaime.

How is Madera still alive? He's surviving somehow, and I don't see how else an eye technique can make you immortal
    This is shonen manga there are crazier things than magical immortal eyeballs. Take for example how in the latest chapter of Bleach Ichigo had a hole blown clean through his chest, taking out his heart, and he's still alive.

Why did Itachi obliterate the entire clan? To prevent Madera from body hopping and living on
    Pretty sure it was because they were plotting to take down Konoha.

Why does Madera say after Sasuke beats Itachi "we need to get Itachi's corpse" (396/07) He needs it for some sort of potential transfer jutsu
    No, he wanted to preserve Itachi's body so that Sasuke could eventually take his eyes.

Why does Madera keep Sasuke alive? Because he plans to take him over OR he knows Sasuke's goal is to re-establish the clan which would allow him to live on
    .... -_-

Why is Itachi coughing blood going into the Sasuke fight? He somehow injured himself resisting Madera's transfer jutsu
    You have no basis for this assumption for all we know Itachi could've had AIDS.

Why does Madera say "I know everything there is to know about Itachi" (397/16) Because he is Danzo, who is head of ANBU which Itachi was once a part of
    I'm not even going to argue this one because I find it "interesting".

It makes more sense to me to think that Itachi decided on his own he had to stop Madera at all costs, than the Hokage told him to butcher his whole clan. It makes more sense that the Hokage doesn't know about Madera and doesn't understand Itachi's motive, and instead labels him a rogue ninja.
    -_- whatever floats you boat.

Now the Obito theory:

The only reasons I want to believe this is because it explains how Madera is alive, and the whole 1-eye aspect of the mask. The one eye isn't just a coincidence, it has to have a reason. Either Obito actually survived when they thought he died, OR it has something to do with the Space/time ninjutsu aspect of the sharingan. This would basically mean Madera has some ability to control time and can manipulate a corpse back to life and then take it over.
    This one has been discussed to death, just go back and read through the rest of this thread.

Now I know this leaves a ton of things up in the air, and doesn't answer every potential question, but if Madera can manipulate time in some fashion it makes about as much sense as possible to tie all these things together. It explains how Madera, after getting hit with Amaretsu from Sasuke, is able to go to the shadows and come back unscathed.
    Wouldn't it make more sense if he just did the same thing Sasuke did to put out Amaterasu. >.> And usually when it leaves many things up for question it's not a suitable hypothesis.

The theory does have holes. Such as, if he can manipulate time, why does Itachi kill the clan off to prevent Madera if he can just go back in time and take over a dead corpse? Only time will tell I suppose....
    No....just no....if Madara could go back in time then there'd be no point in capturing the Bijuu in this time period, because he could just capture them before they were sealed.

Look I know you said these were your assumptions, but this is the theories section you're going to have to provide supporting evidence for your theories.

I still find Madara's glare at Kakashi (or Kakashi's Sharingan) to be very suspicious... it'd reinforce the Obito connection option.

However, Minato (Obito's old sensei) didn't mention anything about Obito in his talk with Naruto... that may work against the theory. Then again, Minato barely revealed any of the questions most fans would have of him (Kushina's fate, what 'That Jutsu' was, etc).

Honestly, Madara's mask having only 1 eye is meaningless without it being Obito's body. Unless the Madara we've seen is actually not the real body, but Obito's (similar to how Pain operates), and the true body is Danzou. Like, Danzou passed one eye into Obito's body (in the location of Obito's remaining Sharingan). That'd explain Danzou's eye patch being in that location.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I still find Madara's glare at Kakashi (or Kakashi's Sharingan) to be very suspicious... it'd reinforce the Obito connection option.
    actually, I don't think he was glaring at kikashi, I think he was looking down on them all. It cut to kakashi because he saw Madara's sharingan using his own sharingan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post

However, Minato (Obito's old sensei) didn't mention anything about Obito in his talk with Naruto... that may work against the theory. Then again, Minato barely revealed any of the questions most fans would have of him (Kushina's fate, what 'That Jutsu' was, etc).

Honestly, Madara's mask having only 1 eye is meaningless without it being Obito's body. Unless the Madara we've seen is actually not the real body, but Obito's (similar to how Pain operates), and the true body is Danzou. Like, Danzou passed one eye into Obito's body (in the location of Obito's remaining Sharingan). That'd explain Danzou's eye patch being in that location.
    Something in my DNA makeup just vehemently rejects the Danzou connection. To me Obito is far better.

I and others have argued this over and over in this same thread, so rather than repeat myself I'd just say lets wait and see.

Kishimoto has certainly done a good job creating Madara-the-man-of -Mystery. I'm almost certain he is roaming the internet paging through every Naruto forum laughing Sadistically to himself, congratulating himself for all the Madara controversies and flame wars he's ignited. I bet he sits up all night long dreaming up schemes to top himself.

If only the fans knew the ultimate truth:

Spoiler!

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Que gatito mas leeendo!!! hikonami's Avatar
    paulbee....you make so much sense.............thank you!!!!
    Miau, Miau, Miau.....prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

Cockney Geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post

Kishimoto has certainly done a good job creating Madara-the-man-of -Mystery. I'm almost certain he is roaming the internet paging through every Naruto forum laughing Sadistically to himself, congratulating himself for all the Madara controversies and flame wars he's ignited. I bet he sits up all night long dreaming up schemes to top himself.
    It's a good reason for Kishi to learn english and release english versions simultaneously.

Madara's space/time defence Jutsu, and the fact that we haven't even seen him kick or punch anyone, let alone engage... really makes him scary.

But for Kishi, I bet you he'll start yet another flame war with controversy such as Itachi and Sasuke's real Dad was Madara, but that Danzo adopted them in as a deal for Madara to not attack the village and allow them to grow up within the Uchiha village. Theres no evidence now to suggest that, but heck, he may as well add that in...
    Last edited by ng.jimmy; 03-27-2009 at 12:29 PM.

Hmmm Madara/Danzou/Itachi

I dunno if this needs to be in another thread but I'm gonna take a shot.

It seems to me that Madara's using Sasuke to destroy Konoha (well, yeah, duh) by lying to him about Konoha's real intentions.

Madara's story is that the Uchiha were going to rise up, Itachi was recruited as a double agent by Konoha to report on the Uchiha then when the Sandaime's negotiations didn't go so well Itachi was unleashed on his clan. So now Sasuke wants revenge. (Gracious, does this boy ever want anything else?)

Ok, here's what I think the truth is.

Minato (and someone else I can't remember who) believe that Madara was behind the unleashing of the Kyuubi when Naruto's story began.

Ok. let's assume that was the truth. So why on earth would Madara do that? Because he's just a nasty old wanker? Well, yeah, that too, but there might be something else.

Danzou. Danzou wants to rule at any cost and he doesn't want the Kyuubi getting in Pain's way. Ok, so back in the day Danzou made a deal with Madara to assassinate Minato Namikaze so that Danzou could become Hokage. If he succeeded he'd allow Madara back into the fold (of course Madara would supplant him later but Danzou seems the shortsighted type when it comes to power.)

So Madara unleashes the Kyuubi to kill Minato. Danzou could have some deal worked out with Madara to control the Kyuubi (which Madara can do) so that Danzou comes out the hero after Minato's death. But it didn't work that way. Minato seals away the Kyuubi, Danzou is left out in the cold, looking for another opportunity.

Ok, enter Itachi. The brilliant Uchiha who doesn't join his family in being part of the police force, he joins the ANBU. The ANBU is controlled by Danzou. Now the Uchiha kicked Madara out in the beginning because they thought he was power hungry. They seek to serve Konoha and being cops they suss out Danzou and his plottings. Who do they send to investigate? Itachi.

Itachi finds out who's backing Danzou: Madara. Itatchi makes contact with Madara and finds out about all the unpleasant truths of Mangekyo Sharingan and realizes that only either he or his brother (who Itachi knows will be stronger than himself) can take down Madara and only if Itachi and Sasuke can activate Mangekyo Sharingan.

Thus comes the classic Japanese plot device of the hero who's willing to be seen as a villain for the greater good. Itachi goes along with Madara and Danzou and slays his family to cover Danzou's tracks.

But Itachi also commits these atrocities to activate his own Mangekyo Sharingan then taunts Sasuke and spares him (telling Danzou if he doesn't leave Sasuke alone he will expose Danzou) all to defeat the one true threat to Konoha, Madara.

Madara may or may not have figured this out (he probably did) and told Sasuke that it was the fault of the Uchiha and their ambition that got them killed by Itachi and Konoha. But a true Uchiha would serve Konoha and not want to overthrow it.

Sorry, kind of long. Does it pass?

Question: How does Danzou even know about Madara, before Yondaime, before anybody else?

Point of correction: Danzou doesn't control ANBU..The Hokage does. Danzou's group are a clandestine part of ANBU called ANBU's ROOT. I think some of them are also in the legitimate ANBU.

PLAUSIBLE: It is true in my mind that Danzou will let Konoha be destroyed if it means he can become Hokage.

In My HUMBLE opinion, your scenario works only if we find out that Danzou knew about Madara all along.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Fantastic!

Okay, Danzou could have been contacted by Madara on Madara's own initiative. Its possible that he would have been looking for some opportunity to strike at Konoha and saw an opportunity on Danzou, initiating contact. He might have used some other guise to contact Danzou so that he wouldn't freak Danzou out then revealed his true self when Danzou was well and fully enmeshed.