View Poll Results: What do you think

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Natsu the 1st generation DS

3 75.00%
  • Natsu the 3rd generation DS

1 25.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    i agree and you are totaly right Chaos ^_^ but i think natsu has something up his sleeve for this battle against Sting and Rouge

Natsu might, and the next chapter should prove it. But I have my doubts. First would be Natsu still has his Lightning Fire Dragon Mode, which would allow him to easily waltz over both Sting and Rogue. Then, there's the fact that neither Natsu, nor Gajeel, have used any secret DS ougi yet, while both Sting and Rouge have. I would say that Natsu will prob win this fight without using the lightning though, for 2 reasons. First would be because Igneel was shown, so going Lightning Fire would go against Igneels teachings. Second would be that it would be a more convincing victory if Natsu doesn't use his full power, because there's still the 5v5 battle for the next round.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by creatorian View Post
    its called dragonslayer because its meant to have the power of a dragon plus natsu gajeel and wendy wouldnt kill their dragons no matter what get your facts straight
    You're the one who needs to get your facts straight I'm afraid.

Definition of SLAY
    transitive verb
    1: to kill violently, wantonly, or in great numbers; broadly : to strike down : kill
    2: to delight or amuse immensely <slayed the audience>
    intransitive verb
    : kill, murder
    — slay·er noun

Anyone with reading comprehension would connect "dragonslayer" with someone who kills dragons. In this regard, none of the characters we have seen thus far live up to the title of dragonslayer as we've yet to see any of them get the job done. And for all intents and purposes Natsu has gotten manhandled by a number of villains thus far. It's apparent to me that there is still room for Natsu to improve, to become a "true dragonslayer" which more than likely will lead to a confrontation between him and Igneel where his final test would be for him to kill the dragon who raised him. In saying that "He's a dragonslayer because he has the powers of a dragon" requires a certain level of incompetence when dealing with this manga.

LOL, anyway. DragonSlayer, is a magician that uses DragonSlaying magic. That's all.

As Igneel said, Humans slaying a Dragon is but a dream that people wish to realize... he implies that they still can't achieve it, or at least doubts it.

The reason for Dragon Slaying magic, might be that Acnologia was ramping since ancient times and thus the magic was devised to fight it... or simply the name originated when Dragons used their magic to slay other Dragons, thus the DragonSlaying magic belonged to Dragons and was original taught by them as well.

^This.

Their Called DragonSlayers because their magic is designed for Dragon Slaying. They don't have to have slayed a dragon because of it. Much like neither Meredy nor Zancrow have killed a God, yet their still called God Slayers. Or are you insinuating that both Meredy and Zancrow have killed gods, which is why their called God Slayers but since there are so many people in FT that are far stronger than them, Gods are really weaklings. Another thing would be Dark Guilds or Dark Mages, do they really have to be "dark" in terms of their colours to be called that? So if Zeref was wearing yellow, he wouldn't be considered a Dark Mage anymore, is that it? These are the names Mashima has given the characters, so there's no point in debating them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Another thing would be Dark Guilds or Dark Mages, do they really have to be "dark" in terms of their colours to be called that? So if Zeref was wearing yellow, he wouldn't be considered a Dark Mage anymore, is that it? These are the names Mashima has given the characters, so there's no point in debating them.
    You couldn't possibly be that stupid. Then again you missed the fact that the council calls them Dark Guilds because they operate outside the "established order" and are involved in illegal activities which in addition to kidnapping and assassination also includes delving into forbidden magic, i.e., dark magic thus the term is quite appropriate. This is even truer of mages like Hades and Zeref who specialized in this manner of sorcery. Your attempts to appear witty are shamed by the manga canon.

Natsu might, and the next chapter should prove it. But I have my doubts. First would be Natsu still has his Lightning Fire Dragon Mode, which would allow him to easily waltz over both Sting and Rogue. Then, there's the fact that neither Natsu, nor Gajeel, have used any secret DS ougi yet, while both Sting and Rouge have. I would say that Natsu will prob win this fight without using the lightning though, for 2 reasons. First would be because Igneel was shown, so going Lightning Fire would go against Igneels teachings. Second would be that it would be a more convincing victory if Natsu doesn't use his full power, because there's still the 5v5 battle for the next round.
    Am I good or what.

@Zero Phoenix:

Fine, my dark guild example was bad, I was doing it half heartedly anyway. If I had another example, I would ask, What would you call a guy fishing by the sea? A fisherman? But what if he hasn't caught any fish? Or a father taking a child to go hunting, but because his a kid, his accuracy sucks balls, thus he couldn't kill anything. Would the kid not be a hunter? And you still ignored the GodSlayer part as well.

Banned
    Am I good or what.

@Zero Phoenix:

Fine, my dark guild example was bad, I was doing it half heartedly anyway. If I had another example, I would ask, What would you call a guy fishing by the sea? A fisherman? But what if he hasn't caught any fish? Or a father taking a child to go hunting, but because his a kid, his accuracy sucks balls, thus he couldn't kill anything. Would the kid not be a hunter? And you still ignored the GodSlayer part as well.
    Hmmm, while your grasp of Fairy Tail is casual at best your philosophical discourse intrigues me. You have redeemed yourself. And yes I would say the two people who practiced godslayer magic may very well have killed gods. Deities in manga are different from deities we see in religious studies and tend to be more along the lines of what others might call demigods. We see in anime, video games, and manga gods being defeated by teenagers and even children all the time. Not only that but if the gods are weak they wouldn't be that tough to kill would they? Look at Mavis' face when she learned that whatshername (the little girl) was a godslayer. She was terrified for Wendy. She wouldn't have worn that expression if godslayers were just overhyped mages. On the reverse, yet also proving my theory, we've seen that a person who slays or god or a dragon can still get their asses handed to them. Sting and Rogue confirmed they killed their dragons. On Sting's end he killed his dragon when he was just a child but still got his ass handed to him by Natsu. Same with Zancrow. I went in circles there so let me play that back for you. My argument assumes the following:

1) Gods in FT have varrying degrees of power.
    2) Even with varrying degrees of power, the strongest gods have more in their favor in terms of legends and myths than actual power.
    3) The gods in FT are not immortal or invincible as they can be killed.
    4) We don't know the circumstances under Zancrow and that little girl killed their respective god.

We allready learned that Zancrow learned the lost magic known as God-slaying magic was taught to him by Hades, not a god.
    And Mavis her expression was more one of an unpleasant surprise than terror for Wendy.
    + Chaosmaster's graps of fairytail is just as good as anyone's.
    I find it ironic u say that only cause of his poor example to make u see your misconception of the usage of the term 'dragonslayer'.
    Even though your interpretation was quite understandable, it was rather clear that "dragon-slayer" is used (since the beginning of this mange) for mages who use dragon-slaying magic, nothing more, nothing less.

Other than that ur assumptions of god's in FT are probable. But since we don't really have much/any information on this subject I'm not gonna make any statements on this matter.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    We allready learned that Zancrow learned the lost magic known as God-slaying magic was taught to him by Hades, not a god.
    Source

+ Chaosmaster's graps of fairytail is just as good as anyone's.
    On this forum that doesn't actually count for much.

I find it ironic u say that only cause of his poor example to make u see your misconception of the usage of the term 'dragonslayer'.

My knowledge of language comes from Oxford and Merriam-Webster. But if you think a comic book is better more power to you.

Even though your interpretation was quite understandable, it was rather clear that "dragon-slayer" is used (since the beginning of this mange) for mages who use dragon-slaying magic, nothing more, nothing less.
    Which was the point I made on page one.