Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Obito to Tobi Transformation Challenge

Chapter 600 is just around the corner, and many questions will be answered in cluding the identity of Tobi.

Lets Go along with the Tobi = Obito idea, and assume it to be true.:-

Would someone who believes this to be so, and who has a strong understanding of the Manga, Please fill in the blanks as to the most probable essential facts and details that transpired Between the Rock Fall that appeared to take the life of Obito, and the Tobi-Kyuubi Invasion of Konoha, some 2-4 years later.

Just What happened to Obito to have transformed him form a severely injured kid on the verge of death, who was a slacker of a ninja at best, to an extremely highly skilled, and probably the most dangerous foe overall, that Konoha has ever faced.

Assuming Tobi is Obito, then How? The person who can show the most insight and guess the most correct meaning to Tobi =Obito before chapter 600 comes out, also gets recognition and bragging rights..

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Well personally, I think the evidence points towards Izuna, but I'll take a crack at some fanfiction!

Spoiler!

Thus ends my fanfic detailing EXACTLY how Obito became the final villain of the Narutoverse. Feel free to poke as many holes in it as possible, I'm sure I screwed up the timeline a few times or interpreted various characters' actions/motives in absurd ways. When we learn Tobi's real identity, I'm sure we'll look back on this story (and all the Obito = Tobi arguments) and laugh. And yes, I realize how big that wall of text is.

I couldn't fit my theory to match the evidence that Tobi fully intended to use Nagato's Rinne-Tensei to revive the real Madara; my only explanation is that Tobi scrapped that idea after Nagato's betrayal, and instead decided to use Sasuke in the ways I've (vaguely) described. Who knows, maybe Tobi wanted the Rinne-Tensei to revive Rin!!!

I really like the parallels between Izuna/Madara and Sasuke/Itachi, and I believe that Izuna himself fits better with most of what I've said about Tobi's history than Obito does. With Madara possessing Rinne-Tensei, neither Izuna's death nor Obito's has any bearing on the likelihood of one of them being Tobi.
    Last edited by Rlinfamous; 08-19-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Oh Paul, this is as answerable, as what Madara was doing between Vote and his death... actually the thing with Madara seems easier :p.

I'm not much of a writer, but here we go .

Spoiler!

Damn, I was bored or what ? Anyway, it is a conception one way or the other . I tried to make it somewhat dramatic, but there is one joke in there, and a noticeable at that . If I feel like it, I might write more .
    Last edited by Zero; 08-19-2012 at 08:20 AM.

@RLin,

Very Nice. The main thing I would add to your Plot Prognostication would be this:

Madara Uses his Tsukuyomi extensively and skillfully to imbue Obito with knowledge of long forgotten Uchiha history, Jutsus and fighting skills.

I think this why Tobi knows about things like Izanami, Izanagi, and "Uchiha Kaejin", and how to release the Fox from the Jinchuuriki at Childbirth.

@Zero,

Nice work.

I like that you accounted for how Obito may have gainned the knowledge and the skills that Tobi has. I am not certain why you deduced that Obiot's eyes were actually Madara's Originals although something that Yondaime said during his battle with Tobi seems to suggest that Madara had the same phasing ability as Tobi

Last edited by paulbee; 08-19-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    @Zero,

Nice work.

I like that you accounted for how Obito may have gainned the knowledge and the skills that Tobi has. I am not certain why you deduced that Obiot's eyes were actually Madara's Originals although something that Yondaime said during his battle with Tobi seems to suggest that Madara had the same phasing ability as Tobi

Ah well, you know. Obito is basically the only Uchiha (and a ninja in naruto as whole too ;P) that had some kind of problem with his eyes, before awakening his Sharingan (we see him use drops too), but the moment he awakened his Sharingan, the problem miracolosuly disappeared (he became accustomed to his eyes ?), not to mention his jump in performance in abilities, is bigger than in Sasuke's case. Then the fact that Tobi/Madara gave Nagato his eyes, opened new theories, like the ones where Madara gave his own Rinnegan to Nagato and if they are true, it is an extremely risky method. The possibility of loosing them, from the eyes degradation itself or something alike, would be too risky to perform without prior tests and thus, I theorized that Madara might have tested it on someone else, which eyes he no longer could use, but were equally powerful to Izuna's eyes.

I don't give that much credit to this theory, but well the possibility certainly exists. Although, Obito's spirit would overwrite Madara's MS, with his own, thus only leaving an additional Spiritual Power that Madara poured into them through years of combat and training, allowing him later on to gain new hax abilities . After all, Oro himself tested a lot with Hashirama's power and if Madara prepared himself as well as he said, then he had to proceed with some tests as well.

Funny enough, the 4th suggested that the Barrier around the village hasn't changed since Madara's time, thus Madara would have been able to pass through it without detection, in similar manner that Itachi went unnoticed (as Pain mentioned). He was rather referring to his knowledge, because it would have been strange, that no one recorded Madara's use of a Space-Time ninjutsu... on the other hand, it's not like anyone recored his use of Susanoo... well beside the Uchiha, or at least the paintings on walls in their hideouts suggest that.

could you guys account for obito spamming his MS withought going blind?

Quote Originally Posted by cypriottiger View Post
    could you guys account for obito spamming his MS withought going blind?
    1) Could be Hashirama's Miracle cells

or

2) Could be that he has not got EMS, But he has Madara's Chakra (that has undergone EMS) plus he also has Hashirama's cells. Thus, He has spirituL attributes from the Pre-eminent Uchiha with the most potent Spiritual power, combined with physical attributes from the preeminent senju with the most potent physical power, this then allows him to use the eye to it's max with or without EMS

its too obvious if its obito or izuna.

Quote Originally Posted by almara View Post
    its too obvious if its obito or izuna.
    I'd rather Tobi be someone completely obvious than someone completely new/random. Unless he's some sort of Madara clone, he'd better be one of those two. The whole point of the mystery is that we're meant to keep examining the tiny hints Kishi leaves... if he's someone new, then there's never been any point in guessing at any of it.

Who knows, maybe Tobi is just a Super Zetsu who got some of Madara's chakra and transformed himself, and has been collecting new eyes / powers ever since.
    Last edited by Rlinfamous; 08-21-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    @Paul, simple answer.

It was just explained last chapter. Only certain parts of Tobi phase. When he got hit by the Rasengan it was part of his face and his shoulder that phased. Everything else was still material.

Flashback to Obito looking up and seeing a boulder falling torward his face:

(Hypothetically) Lets say his Right eye (Tobi's jutsu) kicks in. For all intents & purposes, Obito doesnt know whats going on. All he knows is that part of him now exist in a place of absolute darkness. It would be safe to assume youre dead/about to die. Thinking this he gives his other eye to his friend. Rin would detect nothing on his right side, which might be more traumatizing than sensing blood and guts.

Zetsu finds him and fixes him, e.g., plant parts. His Tobi jutsu eye still exist because it was in another dimension. Zetsu directs Obito to Uchiha tablets and some old Madara scrolls and letters. Zetsu encourages Obito to adopt Madara's crusade citing similarities between the two Uchiha. Obito, being in an emotional state somewhere between Pein and Naruto, leans more to the darkside. Thus, we end up with Darthvader....I mean Anikin Skywalk...uhhhh....Evil Obito.
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid