Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Im pretty sure its not a plot hole guys...come on right off the bat he would make such a big and careless mistake?!? Its probably just because Naruto was with Iruka all the time and Iruka works at the school so in order to watch him Iruka just took him to the school with him and put him in a class at an early age just because it would be easier to watch him if he was in the class he was teaching, and so for the next 3 years or whatever he failed his exams, no big deal, problem solved.
    A pie in the sky?

he just wanted to add to the list of naruto's-failures makin him look more n more like an utter failure............but he didn't expect (or hope) this to be found out.....

The test may be difficult even for skilled students. My guess is that as the years have gone by the complexity of the academy's teachings have also gone up.

- Some shinobi have graduted early at ages like 7-8 like Kakashi & Itachi but during times of war they may be forced to advanced students pre maturly like during kakshis time the shinobi force in Konha had reached an all time low.

- The graduation exam may be takin early but generaly most students are required to do so many years like elementry school and the lessosns needed to pass the exam are spread out so that most wont learn what they need to pass till its time.

- Kakashi had his father to teach him adv ninja training as well as Itachi prob had Madara covering lessons in advance.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

all of the above
    can someone point me to where it says naruto failed 3 times? i have never noticed it

Veteran Member
    he had no parents so he most likely wanted to start at a really young age....

plus theres quite a few other possibilities, shock mentioned a good one of him being with iruka at a young age and POW has mentioned a few

i cant believe some jerks would actually even think it possible that kishimoto would make an error...blasphemy!
    Spoiler!

Yes, well, when there was the Uchiha murder flashback, you could see young sasuke running off to the academy, getting back his good notes and everything...(blablabla) Back then it was said that he was only 7 years old.(or maybe a little older...) But he graduated as the best of the class at age 12, like naruto...That's what brought out my attention to this subject. If anyone can explain this, I will definetly be satisfied!
    Zetsuboushita|ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH! «°-°«

I have been thinking about this now, and the only plausible explanation i have come up with is this:
    When they say he failed 3 years in a row, perhaps they mean he started at the same time as everyone else and its a 4 year graduation course. He failed the first 3 years, whilst everyone else passed, but rather than being kicked off the course he was kept on out of pity.
    For UK people this can be explained as a 4 year A level course, the first 3 years are the AS levels, and the last year is the A2 level.

Maybe the others never failed but iruka thought them wasn’t ready yet, but naruto failed so he defiantly had to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by anarchris View Post
    i cant believe some jerks would actually even think it possible that kishimoto would make an error...blasphemy!
    he's got loopholes galore if you ask me. kishi is a bad mangaka. yeah naruto is popular since it WAS good, but its been sucking as of late...make that its been sucking a long time already.
    Talent Personified

In this world of knives and guns, I walk with empty hands...WAR Takamura!

i was just wondering abt this......
    though i couldn't get a reason for this query.......
    i realised something else........
    now we know after graduation 3-man teams are formed.....
    now these teams are formed in such a way that every team will be a balanced one....
    that's y naruto n sasuke ended up together........
    naruto was the last n sasuke was the top rookie........
    i m guessing sakura was somewhere in middle or b/w top n middle(since she aced the written exams)...........

now consider team8-shikamaru, choji n ino........
    during shikamaru's battle against temari in the chunin exams, kurnei said that shikamaru's marks were almost as bad as naruot's........
    meaning he was second from bottom (or near bottom)....
    meaning in order for the team - 8 to be balanced, one the other member had to be near the top or most likely second in the batch.........
    i m guessing its not choji.....
    which leaves only ino......
    could ino really be second top rookie..........??........