Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by sodi View Post
    The way they ended the Rurouni Kenshin anime series and how they tried to pass off the Reflection OVA as covering the last arc in the manga was just wrong. There's no way you could follow if you hadn't read the manga.
    i agree 100 percent they should have left it where manga and regular anime left off

I hate most of the anime adaptations. That's why I stop watching them.
    FMA- the storyline is so different from the manga. It is worse than the manga.
    Naruto- too ,too, too much fillers and the quality is so bad. Sometimes the characters are drawn so bad.

Thanks Bushidodude for the sig and avatar!

Click to join!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by shaggyjebus View Post

I'm betting Toriyama was ashamed of a lot with the whole Dragonball anime, from DB to DBGT. Tons of filler episodes (all sub-par) and over-extended fight scenes. When I read the manga, it was so much better than the anime, if just because I didn't have to read for 48 hours to finish one fight.
    you've gotta admit though, when you were a kid and saw goku turn into a super sayain was the cooledst moment of your life at that time. anyways thats how i felt...

made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round

Quote Originally Posted by ryusukai1990 View Post
    you've gotta admit though, when you were a kid and saw goku turn into a super sayain was the cooledst moment of your life at that time. anyways thats how i felt...
    I love the original dub of DBZ, even after all these years, even knowing that it's edited so much that it's lucky it resembles the original at all, because of two things:

1) It's what I saw when I was a kid. Nostalgia triples stats without question.

2) Most of the boring stuff was cut out.

When they first showed the uncut version on Cartoon Network, showing one episode a week, I couldn't stand it. I expected to see Raditz showing up all badass. What did I get? "WHERE'S GOHAN?!?!?!?" And it was like that FOR A FUCKING MONTH. Did they really need to have Gohan do his own thing for five or six episodes before the series even starts?

But like I said, I love the original dub. It's great. The manga is so good, and seeing it in motion is nothing short of fantastic. (I'm bad with synonyms, lol.) If I wanted to rewatch the series, I'd probably prefer the Japanese with English subtitles, but I'd no doubt have to skip everything inbetween the fights and necessary story parts.
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!