Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Annachu View Post
    I haven't seen or read Black Cat and I've only seen like 4 episodes of Recca, which came across as YuYu Hakusho like to me. So I take it you would recommend the mangas more? I have been thinking of picking up Black Cat.
    I would suggest Black Cat and Flame of Recca a lot, of course.

Flame of Recca is actually done by the producer of Yu Yu Hakusho I believe. Flame of Recca takes around one volume to really get interesting but once the "true" storyline begans after the character introduces, you'll love the series. I still like to point out that Recca is more ninja then Naruto, read the series and see what I mean.

Black Cat has its up and down moments, the first volume is excellent on setting up the storyline but halfway through the middle of the series. You get a feeling of wishing that the main storyline will continue, although that little dought only last around three to four chapters tops.

Mainly download the first two volumes of both series's to see if you like them.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

Flame of Recca was ok when made into anime, but since they stopped after the tournament it felt so short. And also it was not as dark as the manga(and it is dark, really dark in the end).

And Black Cat... I read the manga first and was like.. OK, what is HE doing here? he's not due until the last arc?(this was in eps 1).
    The anime also had some character selfdoubt that was never a part of the manga and felt odd to view.

I'm surprised to hear that none have mentioned Shaman King yet, since after A Certain Person(don't wish to spoil it for any) dies in the manga its like two totally different series.
    Also lurking around Vegapunk's forum, quality One Piece subs.

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Largo View Post
    Flame of Recca was ok when made into anime, but since they stopped after the tournament it felt so short. And also it was not as dark as the manga(and it is dark, really dark in the end).

And Black Cat... I read the manga first and was like.. OK, what is HE doing here? he's not due until the last arc?(this was in eps 1).
    The anime also had some character selfdoubt that was never a part of the manga and felt odd to view.

I'm surprised to hear that none have mentioned Shaman King yet, since after A Certain Person(don't wish to spoil it for any) dies in the manga its like two totally different series.
    Flame of Recca - very true, the series became dark and etc, which made the story that much greater.

Black Cat - Yeah the manga and anime storylines are completely different at the beginning, which makes you wonder if the manga creator even had any say in the anime at all.

Shaman King - I completely forgot about that series, the anime was acceptable but it could have been better.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

I think that there's a lot of cases where the mangaka has little or nothing to do with the anime. The directors and producers use the show to make a name for themselves with the show. The anime themselves don't really promote the mangakas themselves other than "Original Story By"

Then there's just series like DBGT that Toriyama probably didn't even want his name attached..
    "If you know why you love somebody, it isn't true love at all.." - Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    Something that can beat te Shisho arc, didn't think it was possible...but there was one thing that did bug me about that arc, the fact that Shishio kept coming back from watever they threw at him, I started wondering if he was invincible, probably was if it wasn't for his condition
    Didn't Shishio once say that they had to shoot him in the head first so they could burn him alive? And that still didn't kill him. He must have been invincible.

I think that there's a lot of cases where the mangaka has little or nothing to do with the anime. The directors and producers use the show to make a name for themselves with the show. The anime themselves don't really promote the mangakas themselves other than "Original Story By"

Then there's just series like DBGT that Toriyama probably didn't even want his name attached..
    I think most of the time, the mangaka doesn't have anything at all to do with the series. I've heard of a few exceptions, but they seem to be rare.

I'm betting Toriyama was ashamed of a lot with the whole Dragonball anime, from DB to DBGT. Tons of filler episodes (all sub-par) and over-extended fight scenes. When I read the manga, it was so much better than the anime, if just because I didn't have to read for 48 hours to finish one fight.

I haven't seen a lot of it, but I imagine the Marmalade Boy anime is a pretty bad adaptation. Hell, they turned an 8 volume manga into a 76-episode anime. How can you even do that? Hikaru no Go was only 75 episodes, and the manga had 23 volumes! But I haven't seen it all, so I can't really say it's all bad.
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!

Now I liked the Marmalade Boy anime alot. I actually preferred the ending in the anime because the was more of an actually ending really. There were lots of added characters and such to the anime but the mangaka designed most of them herself.
    "If you know why you love somebody, it isn't true love at all.." - Eagle

Now I liked the Marmalade Boy anime alot. I actually preferred the ending in the anime because the was more of an actually ending really. There were lots of added characters and such to the anime but the mangaka designed most of them herself.
    Shows what I know, lol. Like I said, I hadn't seen much of the anime, but maybe I'll check out more of it now.

Regular Member Chainsaw_Chimaera's Avatar
    I was highly disappointed with the number of fillers that populate the various Saiyuki seasons. I wish they would have just let the mangaka get ahead a bit and then animated that as opposed to have 3/4 of a season be filler and then covering a couple volumes in the last few episodes.

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    How about Naruto?

That's a pretty poor transformation.

Especially considering almost 70 episodes of fillers :s

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleplugerine View Post
    How about Naruto?

That's a pretty poor transformation.

Especially considering almost 70 episodes of fillers :s
    If you don't count the fillers, I'd say it's a pretty good adaptation. It's just like the manga, though a little less suspenseful.