Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyjebus View Post
    I absolutely loved the Shishio arc when I saw it (the anime version), but when I read the final arc in the manga, I was so blown away that I forgot all about the Shishio arc.
    Something that can beat te Shisho arc, didn't think it was possible...but there was one thing that did bug me about that arc, the fact that Shishio kept coming back from watever they threw at him, I started wondering if he was invincible, probably was if it wasn't for his condition

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

I will second the Berserk adaption...terrible, absolutely terrible! It was so painful to watch that I couldn't even finish it.

Incidentally, if this was the "worst ideas for anime/manga adaption" I would put a Harry Potter anime at the top *cough*ninjastik*cough*. I guess I just can't imagine it.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggyjebus View Post
    I absolutely loved the Shishio arc when I saw it (the anime version), but when I read the final arc in the manga, I was so blown away that I forgot all about the Shishio arc.
    The Jinchuu arc was amazing. I thought it couldn't get better after reading the Shishio arc, but the drama and conclusion of the last arc was definitely impressive.

Well from what i seen in wikipedia, lots of anime series end before the last chapters of the manga are released, so many anime end one year before the last manga chapters are released, idk why they do that, but lots of anime they do that so the endings, if not part of the plot line change quite a lot. Check it yourself, check ur favorite anime or the ones u were disappointed at at wikipedia.com, and u will see the time the manga was been published and the anime was been aired.
    AWSOME, ONE PIECE IS JUST FREAKING AWSOME!!.

FMA and berserk anime were really disappointing but the mangas are pretty good. the ending of elfen lied was really annoying but i started reading the manga and i love it.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaidenlive22 View Post
    the ending of elfen lied was really annoying but i started reading the manga and i love it.
    True that the elfen lied ending was waaaaaaaay open, but it just made me wanna read the manga more

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

I remember reading Samurai Deeper Kyo and then worshiping the porcelain god after seeing the anime series (I still feel like vomiting)

I think the worst manga to anime transition was by far Kodocha. The anime starts out following the manga pretty closely then it just totally went off the deep end. Kodocha is one of my favorite manga so I was syked to watch the anime...wow. I wanted to slit my wrists in horror when I saw it all and the ending. (Not really, but the need to see more anime to wipe it out of my mind was very necessary!)
    "If you know why you love somebody, it isn't true love at all.." - Eagle

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    I am surprised that no one has mentationed Black Cat or Flame of Recca at all. Those two manga series are my favorite mangas, but the anime versions are half done and just riding on the populatiy of the originals. A lot of the character, story, and battles are completely changed just for the sake of being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    True that the elfen lied ending was waaaaaaaay open, but it just made me wanna read the manga more
    The manga pretty much follows the anime, or vice versa. There are a few differences however but nothing I thought that was too important overall.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Lion_Link View Post
    I am surprised that no one has mentationed Black Cat or Flame of Recca at all. .
    I haven't seen or read Black Cat and I've only seen like 4 episodes of Recca, which came across as YuYu Hakusho like to me. So I take it you would recommend the mangas more? I have been thinking of picking up Black Cat.
    "If you know why you love somebody, it isn't true love at all.." - Eagle