Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Worst into Anime transformations

The title says it all, worst Manga/Game/Novel into anime adaptation...

Personally I'm most diappointed in how they did Air Gear, they was way to short given the current length of the series, I really wanted to see Bagram in action, Kazu's imitation of the flame road, and at least see Kururu, basically I mean that the anime could have done so much more.

What about you guys, what did you hate?

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

The berserk anime was so different from the manga, at least to me.

Welcome to NHK (lost its "dark" feeling) and Bokurano

(in Bokurano even the director said he should change a lot of things from the manga, really stupid..).

Sanji + Luffy = Sanjuffy trebay57's Avatar
    Air Gear was disappointing. I watched the anime, then read the manga, and in my opinion, the manga is so much better. Not only was the anime short, but it was left with such an unfinished ending that I honestly thought they ended it quickly from lack of viewers.
    Last edited by trebay57; 07-24-2007 at 10:51 PM.
    Excuse me, may I see yo panties?

Quote Originally Posted by trebay57 View Post
    Air Gear was disappointing. I watched the anime, then read the manga, and in my opinion, the manga is so much better. Not only was the manga short, but it was left with such an unfinished ending that I honestly thought they ended it quickly from lack of viewers.
    i think you mean the anime for the 2nd part of that statement :] Air gear's anime was ok but i think the manga was much better (i love their omake parts xD)

I thought the Fullmetal Alchemist anime was kind of disappointing by the second half of it. Maybe it's because it's just had a rather different ending but I didn't like it all that much. XD

I also don't care for the D.Gray-man anime. From what I've seen, the animation and action was subpar and I just couldn't get into it. Maybe it got better later? I might check it out again later to see.

The Chrono Crusade anime was horrible. I love the manga and the anime completely ruined it. D: I can't say anymore, I worked too hard to repress the bad memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    The title says it all, worst Manga/Game/Novel into anime adaptation...

Personally I'm most diappointed in how they did Air Gear, they was way to short given the current length of the series, I really wanted to see Bagram in action, Kazu's imitation of the flame road, and at least see Kururu, basically I mean that the anime could have done so much more.

What about you guys, what did you hate?
    Oh well the manga right now is pretty crazy I can't wait to see Ikki get a new Wind regilia

The way they ended the Rurouni Kenshin anime series and how they tried to pass off the Reflection OVA as covering the last arc in the manga was just wrong. There's no way you could follow if you hadn't read the manga.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by sodi View Post
    The way they ended the Rurouni Kenshin anime series and how they tried to pass off the Reflection OVA as covering the last arc in the manga was just wrong. There's no way you could follow if you hadn't read the manga.
    Ive only been able to watch the anime version of Rurouni Kenshin and I think the ending was way to anticlimatic, but now I know the manga is different I think i'll go look it up..

Quote Originally Posted by spaZ View Post
    Oh well the manga right now is pretty crazy I can't wait to see Ikki get a new Wind regilia
    Yeah!, If only just to beat the crap out of Sora (Damn that guy pissses me off, he used to be so cool)
    Last edited by Archiel; 07-24-2007 at 06:42 AM.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    Ive only been able to watch the anime version of Rurouni Kenshin and I think the ending was way to anticlimatic, but now I know the manga is different I think i'll go look it up..
    The entire third season of the anime (the one where they go to Germany or something) was completely filler. In fact, it's said that the series got canceled because of that poor ratings from the third season, which really sucks because they would have gotten to the very best of the entire series. I absolutely loved the Shishio arc when I saw it (the anime version), but when I read the final arc in the manga, I was so blown away that I forgot all about the Shishio arc.
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!