Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Worst game you have ever been tricked into buying?

Lets keep this simple....

What is the Worst game you have ever been tricked into buying?
    Pre-Nes to PC/PS3/360/Wii era is fare game

My pick is Halo 2&3, basically overrated gameplay, and just a huge let down for me anyways........

Twisted Metal Black: I bought it only to find out that all the cutscenes had been taken out of the PAL version, Fucking asshole do-gooders thinking it was unsuitable.

Close second is Final Fantasy X, Shitty voice acting and an all around shitty game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangaz View Post
    Close second is Final Fantasy X, Shitty voice acting and an all around shitty game.
    Maybe you were a longtime gamer by then, but for me Final Fantasy X was the first non-Gameboy game I ever played and I loved it. It was in seventh grade, I had just plunked down $200 that I won in an essay contest for a PS2 and it was immediately so worth it - stayed up all night for a week or so playing that game. I bought it solely on the basis of seeing the commercial where Tidus and crew skate down those cables and he jumps across them. I still think it's a fun and beautiful game.

Erm, back on topic: I couldn't get into Metal Gear Solid 2 at all and FFX-2 didn't grab me the same way the original did. I returned 'em both.
    Currently reading: One Piece, Air Gear, History's Strongest Deciple Kenichi, Claymore, Gantz, Psyren, Fairy Tail,
    Change 123, Dragonball, Beelzebub, Deadman Wonderland, Naruto, Bleach, Bakuman.

FFVII Dirge of Cerberus :x

it was fun for a while.. but a serious letdown... wish i didnt bought it... XD (through ebay, since its not out here afaik)

Decidedly Undecided
    Quote Originally Posted by gin0va View Post
    FFVII Dirge of Cerberus :x

it was fun for a while.. but a serious letdown... wish i didnt bought it... XD (through ebay, since its not out here afaik)
    Wow, gin, you got doubly screwed. I'm pretty sure Dirge of Cerberus was released in the States at around the same time as Advent Children, give or take a month.

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

Too many to name. At a pinch it would have to be Operation Winback on the N64. Iremember this being billed as the N64's answer to Metal Gear Solid. Not a f***ing chance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Lord of the Boredom zone Pakkun's Avatar
    Hour of victory which is an awful game.

it's more a console: the GameCube. Not many good games -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Di3 View Post
    it's more a console: the GameCube. Not many good games -_-
    Gah! SSBM alone makes the console worthwhile. Though I agree there was a definite lack of great non-Nintendo titles.

That said I dont think I have ever made a poor video game purchase. I tend to have to spend my own money so I typically only go for stuff I know I will like.

Quote Originally Posted by manhunter098 View Post
    Gah! SSBM alone makes the console worthwhile. Though I agree there was a definite lack of great non-Nintendo titles.

That said I dont think I have ever made a poor video game purchase. I tend to have to spend my own money so I typically only go for stuff I know I will like.
    That's the thing about Nintendo... You rarely end up buying a game for a Nintendo console that wan't made by nintendo tbh, except in the good ol'days of Rare =[