Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/677

Any chapter cross is proven wrong is a good chapter in my book. Let us discuss shall we?

Edit: Do to Manga Panda's water mark, it's hard to see that it was both Zoro and Kinemon who cut through the door. The water mark covers half of Zoro.
    Look at how our theory of a Supernova alliance has grown! Pretty sure we are seeing a full fledged birth of the fourth great power!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Phoenix View Post
    Now THIS is how you do a manga. Bleach, Naruto, Hitman, all crap but this weeks One Piece, I can't remember the last time so much badassery was packed into a single chapter of anything. Give us some good panels and something to look forward to next chapter. Why does Oda always have to teach his competition how to write? When I saw Kidd my only reaction was "Shit just got real!!" We're looking at two separate alliances among the Supernova and wow if Law and Luffy team up with Kidd and the rest the government may be dealing with a threat bigger than the yonkou. OK, I'm getting ahead of myself but damn these boys are badass!! I got the chills. I LITERALLY had chills going down my spine. Let's get the Supernovas some theme music.

I'm not convinced that there are two separate alliances here. The way Killer was talking is would seem as if Law has been planning this for a while and has already contacted or at least invited the rest of the Supernovas to join. It would surprise me if this turns out to be a split in alliances.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Time for the analysis for this chapter, brought to you by xioaxioa.

Lets start with the Cover:
    Of my own opinion, it has zero importance, of course opinions hold no value and so lets ignore how much I don't like Jumbo. This cover arc will more than likely cover up loose ends on fishman island; such as what will happen to caribou and that one fat guy, I forget his name, along with Wadatsumi and Vander Decken. It really shows how fat fishman, his name just escapes me, is more suited for protecting fishman island than joining the crew.

The reason the Brokers don't mention Franky when they mention everyone else is because where Luffy is a high end pirate captain, Law is a Shichibukai, Smoker is a Vice Admiral and Robin has eluded the World Government for over twenty years. Franky and Tashigi, while are more than likely stronger than Robin, are not that well known. It would be different if they knew Franky knows how to build Pluton(along with Vega Punks enhancements). I was also kidding when I said Tashigi is stronger than Robin.

The Brokers shown this chapter seem to be someone from the Long Arm Tribe, Pekoms and Tomago, some due, and Kidd.

It should be noted that this saga is currently known as the Super Nova vs Yonkou Saga. That said, Chances are Law and Killer seem to be the masterminds behind and will be the ones to gather them up for the Fight against Big Mam. Yes, Big Mam. As of current we have, Kidd, Luffy, Hawkins, Law, Apoo and Killer and Zoro are an obvious. Left are Drake, Bonney, Bege and Urouge.

So now everyone is together in one place. Time for the final showdown.
    LMAO my friend!
    I believe it is Lucci
    You all doubted her return......heehheeehheehheehe

Also, as people are mentioning how Apoo can have a higher bounty than Hawkins, it's rather simple. Even if Apoo is weaker than Hawkins, his tendency to wreck havok regardless of whether he is being cautious toward his well being or simply being that much of a fighter (both sides we saw this chapter), Apoo seems to be much more of a loose cannon while Hawkins is a calculated fighter. Thus, the higher bounty goes to the greater percieved threat.

Awesome chapter and despite the extended wait now to see next week's, well worth the early read.
    Last edited by Blackriot69; 08-13-2012 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    Look at how our theory of a Supernova alliance has grown! Pretty sure we are seeing a full fledged birth of the fourth great power!

I'm not convinced that there are two separate alliances here. The way Killer was talking is would seem as if Law has been planning this for a while and has already contacted or at least invited the rest of the Supernovas to join. It would surprise me if this turns out to be a split in alliances.

LMAO my friend!
    I believe it is Lucci
    You all doubted her return......heehheeehheehheehe

Also, as people are mentioning how Apoo can have a higher bounty than Hawkins, it's rather simple. Even if Apoo is weaker than Hawkins, his tendency to wreck havok regardless of whether he is being cautious toward his well being or simply being that much of a fighter (both sides we saw this chapter), Apoo seems to be much more of a loose cannon while Hawkins is a calculated fighter. Thus, the higher bounty goes to the greater percieved threat.

Awesome chapter and despite the extended wait now to see next week's, well worth the early read.
    I'm not shure about the allainces beeing one.
    I read what killer said...He talks about law turning in to a WG dog but in the end he was scheming something
    this dude (killer really is a smart one)
    Now you can interpret this as if they(kid's crew) already had an allaince with going with LAw but then law became shibukai en kinda disepeared...
    but Killer clearly doesn't know about Law's plan to take down a yonkou.

besides that if it was one allaince then shurely killer would have said something about it.
    conclusion there are 2 allainces.
    But i believe in the end kid is gonna end up with luffy end law.
    either appuu en hawkins are gonna refuse or betray kid.

Quote Originally Posted by athary View Post
    I'm not shure about the allainces beeing one.
    I read what killer said...He talks about law turning in to a WG dog but in the end he was scheming something
    this dude (killer really is a smart one)
    Now you can interpret this as if they(kid's crew) already had an allaince with going with LAw but then law became shibukai en kinda disepeared...
    but Killer clearly doesn't know about Law's plan to take down a yonkou.

besides that if it was one allaince then shurely killer would have said something about it.
    conclusion there are 2 allainces.
    But i believe in the end kid is gonna end up with luffy end law.
    either appuu en hawkins are gonna refuse or betray kid.
    Re-reading the chapter, it does appear as if the alliances are two and not one...As you pointed out that Kid was afraid Law had become a lacky but in the end was scheming afterall, and as Killer mentions on page 4, Apoo, despite his difficulty to cooperate, is "a strong one." This leads me to believe that, at least for a while, we are going to see two alliances amongst the Supernovas, one alligned with Kid, and one alligned with Law and Luffy. For Kid, Apoo and Hawkins will most likely join, no matter how much they despise each other, the likelihood of the main idea behind the alliance will be too much to pass up. Taking into account they do, that includes four counting Killer, and likely Drake will join as well if this alliance is going for the stronger Supernovas. That leaves Law, Luffy and Zoro to pick up the pieces and recruit Bege, Bonney and Urouge. Though numbers would be in their favor, the lower threat levels of the group would make the alliances rather even across the board.

HOWEVER, in the end, I do believe that we will see both alliances (if that truly is what comes to be) join into one larger one and become the Fourth Great Power.

Re-reading the chapter, it does appear as if the alliances are two and not one...As you pointed out that Kid was afraid Law had become a lacky but in the end was scheming afterall, and as Killer mentions on page 4, Apoo, despite his difficulty to cooperate, is "a strong one." This leads me to believe that, at least for a while, we are going to see two alliances amongst the Supernovas, one alligned with Kid, and one alligned with Law and Luffy. For Kid, Apoo and Hawkins will most likely join, no matter how much they despise each other, the likelihood of the main idea behind the alliance will be too much to pass up. Taking into account they do, that includes four counting Killer, and likely Drake will join as well if this alliance is going for the stronger Supernovas. That leaves Law, Luffy and Zoro to pick up the pieces and recruit Bege, Bonney and Urouge. Though numbers would be in their favor, the lower threat levels of the group would make the alliances rather even across the board.

HOWEVER, in the end, I do believe that we will see both alliances (if that truly is what comes to be) join into one larger one and become the Fourth Great Power.
    I thought this as well and It will be a rush as to who picks who. I hope the straw-heart alliance gets Urouge and Bonney if she is no more in WG custody. As for Bege I don't like him much plus he seems to be the weakest of the trio. Anyway, great chapter. Kidd and Killer both spotting metal limbs was nice and Apoo looks so fearless it feels like he is a different person. If Hawkins' divination is taken into account, he perhaps might not consent to this alliance and might join Law's instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

__________________________________________________ __________________________
    Currently planning war strategies at a tea party with Madara, Kabuto, Zetsu and Sasuke.

Now that's what you call a chapter. Just the mere re-introduction of the supernovas gives you goosebumps. Sorry Big Mom, your're a Yonkou and shit but you are goinf down.

I don't think this alliance will be considered as the 4th great power replacing a Yonkou. It's more of a wildcard. They don't have a leader and that makes the group unstable. They all gonna be on their own once the battle finishes and would only come together again if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    Really loved this chapter, Law shows he can plan and Jimbei is being useful even if he didn't join. I wonder what Scratchman did to get such a high bounty? What, can he now move at the speed of sound? (I've always found him weak)
    I always find him strong. Kid won't even bothered or get annoyed by him if he weren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galkie View Post
    If i may ask.. Who's that on your signature and which anime?

Onntopic:
    Apo getting an higher bounty surprised me too, maybe he has some more weird strong attacks.
    Kidd looks badass to now
    Just observe their appearance and behavior. Kid has always been a very active pirate. Basing on his battle scars, he has done so much shit to earn that high of a bounty. Appo is a thrill seeking pirate so he has done a lot of things too. Basil on the other hand is calm and collected. Always follows the best possibility. He might have done less in the NW compared to Appo, thus the lower bounty.

The way I see it, Kid had invited Law to form an alliance but Law turned it down and became a Shichi. Ido agree that both will join forces in the end. Oda loves to make stories around three parties to make it more unpredictable and exciting.

sig made by me

I don't know about the others like urouge,bonney,drake,bege.... some of them are likeley working under a yonkou.
    Who knows bonney became shibukai ,just saying

My theory is.... just like Robin said with pirate allainces comes betrayl. So that is defintly gonna happen.
    about the theory of the fourth great power....i kinda like that
    but it brings to meany conflicts ...like what if one of them get's defeated?
    do the others help if someone is in trouble?
    if it is an allaince how long will it stand i mean these men are selfishh!!! and so on ...

Don.D.Bulky

I thought this as well and It will be a rush as to who picks who. I hope the straw-heart alliance gets Urouge and Bonney if she is no more in WG custody. As for Bege I don't like him much plus he seems to be the weakest of the trio. Anyway, great chapter. Kidd and Killer both spotting metal limbs was nice and Apoo looks so fearless it feels like he is a different person. If Hawkins' divination is taken into account, he perhaps might not consent to this alliance and might join Law's instead.
    I disagree about hawkins. if he doesn't join KID he won't join Luffy
    if he doesn't join it's not because of kid or apu but becuz he doesn't want an allaince

Quote Originally Posted by athary View Post
    I disagree about hawkins. if he doesn't join KID he won't join Luffy
    if he doesn't join it's not because of kid or apu but becuz he doesn't want an allaince
    Nobody likes to be on a sinking boat or on a losing team so to speak. If his divination allows him to foresee the Law-Luffy alliance prevailing over the others and for that reason doesn't join Kid, then he will most likely join Law if invited.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

__________________________________________________ __________________________
    Currently planning war strategies at a tea party with Madara, Kabuto, Zetsu and Sasuke.

ok so killer is still with kid. that makes me 21/82739 as far as my theories go lol.

but other than that cool chapter. i was hoping brook would get in to the cutting action. also it looks like sanji is about to get back in the game !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't want to see Luffy get into any more alliances. I was only able to accept Law because, well, he's Law. But no more than that. Luffy isn't a "group" person, and the Strawhats aren't an "alliance" crew. For someone who prizes the ability to do whatever he wants as his ultimate goal, having to be tied down to a bunch of different pirate crews is against Luffy's style, spirit, methods, and everything else, in so many ways. Luffy + Law is enough, and almost too much.

Also: What, no mangastream yet? :'-(

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

^ I agree with this. Luffy aside, Law wouldn't pick any of the other super nova's imo, especially Kidd.
    Not to forget what Kidd said to luffy back in Sabaody island: " I won't be this nice next time" foreshadows a fight. In this case Alliance vs Alliance, I can see that happen ;D

About the other supernova's - drake aside - I think they are too weak to survive in NW, so either they were crushed or joined a Yonkou.

Can't wait to see Law's Crew!!