• Average

5 17.86%
  • Bad

1 3.57%
  • Terrible

2 7.14%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Banned
    As much as this manga sometimes serves as the bane of shonen everywhere, I will give it points for staying consistent. Naruto hasn't changed since 1999.

Orochimaru: You can't save Sasuke just by believing you can!
    Naruto: Yes I can because we made a promise.
    Orochimaru: What does that have to do with anything?!
    Naruto: Everything.

Pain: Do you think you can believe Jiraiya's nonsense when reality is looking at you dead in the face?
    Naruto: Yep cause I wear orange.
    Pain: Wait what?

Tobi: Sasuke isn't like Nagato. You won't change him by just talking to him.
    Naruto: Yes I can because I'm going to be the next Hokage.
    Tobi: What the hell does that even mean?!

Sasuke: You think you can stop me from destroying Konoha?
    Naruto: Yep.

Tobi: Things don't work out because you expect them to.
    Naruto: Yes they do.

Zero Phoenix: OMFg!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Phoenix View Post
    As much as this manga sometimes serves as the bane of shonen everywhere, I will give it points for staying consistent. Naruto hasn't changed since 1999.

Pain: Do you think you can believe Jiraiya's nonsense when reality is looking at you dead in the face?

Ahaah, well-said!

^ Made me lol, funny truth :p

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!

Awesome sauce!

ummmm Tobi = Obito, anybody??? Come on people, like Tobi said "The reality of that Truth is there waiting. Kakashi is starting to get it It's freaking Obito!
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

Sat in the Chair Lolz ArmChairANBU's Avatar
    Interesting chapter,

So "TObi" posseses the sharingan of obito. this of course does not mean that tobi IS obito as there are logical explanations as to how tobi could have got obito sharingan.

for eg after obito died the uchiha clan could have sent their ninja to retreive/distroy the body and eye.(As per the earliest chapters of naruto hunter ninja were sent to 'vanish' out all traces of a ninja's body.Tobi could have vanished the body but kept the eye.

Regarding tobi's statement about feeling hollow after the ninja you entrusted does not live up to your trust, well didn't shisui entrust itachi with his eye to protect the uchiha clan, itachi failed and the clan was killed.

Also regarding obito's eye if any one could have taken it without anyone knowing it would have been shisui.

AND we know that shisui already had the MS , but could he have got the EMS after taking obito's eye i.e kotoamatsukami x kamui = tob's space time ninjutsu. because EMS creates a new technique and kakashi cant do tobi's technique.

P.s - UNtil kishi reveals that tobi is not shisui and ends the matter there is hope

PPS: is there any data book entry that gives us any info on shisui's age?
    Last edited by ArmChairANBU; 08-13-2012 at 08:05 AM. Reason: question

Tobi helped Itachi wiped his clan. Shisui may not able to do that, consider that he lost one eye to Danso.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmChairANBU View Post
    Interesting chapter,

So "TObi" posseses the sharingan of obito. this of course does not mean that tobi IS obito as there are logical explanations as to how tobi could have got obito sharingan.

for eg after obito died the uchiha clan could have sent their ninja to retreive/distroy the body and eye.(As per the earliest chapters of naruto hunter ninja were sent to 'vanish' out all traces of a ninja's body.Tobi could have vanished the body but kept the eye.

Regarding tobi's statement about feeling hollow after the ninja you entrusted does not live up to your trust, well didn't shisui entrust itachi with his eye to protect the uchiha clan, itachi failed and the clan was killed.

Also regarding obito's eye if any one could have taken it without anyone knowing it would have been shisui.

AND we know that shisui already had the MS , but could he have got the EMS after taking obito's eye i.e kotoamatsukami x kamui = tob's space time ninjutsu. because EMS creates a new technique and kakashi cant do tobi's technique.

P.s - UNtil kishi reveals that tobi is not shisui and ends the matter there is hope

PPS: is there any data book entry that gives us any info on shisui's age?
    No, in fact Shisui gave Itachi his MS because he knew that Itachi was left with no choice but to slay his own clan. Perhaps, he even forced Itachi to help him suicide, because he wanted to give him an additional power to complete his "Mission" of protecting Konoha by annihilating the Uchiha, thus the awakening of Itachi's MS before the massacre.

It was implied that Itachi gained MS after Shisui's death and it doesn't look like Kishi is going to do more with this.

EMS is something that can be obtained through close blood ties, what's more EMS only strengthens the recipient's MS techniques than he himself awakened from his own eyes, the recipient doesn't gain any new techniques (example: Sasuke and probably Madara).

On the other hand, if the MS is transplanted to someone of no blood ties, then recipient's MS techniques are the same as the donor's (as shown by Danzou and Crow). We know that both of Shisui's justu had something to do with genjutsu (just as both Sasuke's MS jutsu are ninjutsu, while Itachi had one ninjutsu and one genjutsu, without counting Susanoo)).

BTW, I was wondering how Kishi could make Tobi's unmasking even more interesting and then I came up with something epic... to simply put, a double unmasking .

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Spade View Post
    Awesome sauce!

ummmm Tobi = Obito, anybody??? Come on people, like Tobi said "The reality of that Truth is there waiting. Kakashi is starting to get it It's freaking Obito!
    Not so Fast....That is what Kishi wants you to say/think. Why is he making it so Obvious?

Definitely Tobi has Obito's other eye, definitely he's been spying on Kakashi and Jiraiya and Naruto.

BUT, there are difficulties with Tobi=Obito:

1) He'd have to be the same age as Kakashi, but he's older (which will force Kishi to invent a hyperbolic Time Chamber).

2) Tobi's knowledge of events relating to the SO6P and to Uchiha Madara (He'd have to have had false memories given to him).

3) Tobi's desire to become complete by gaining the bijuus (not something suited to/meaningful for Obito).

I am not convinced yet.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

No, but this is hilarious! But at the end of the day, these scenarios are the ONLY reason we see Naruto standing where he is today, challenging the leading antagonist of the series and fighting in the middle of a war. It's the whole point of the Naruto character--he refuses to tamper his ambition to fit the reality around him, and that attitude won over Zabuza, Nagato, KillerBee, the Fourth Raikage, Tsunade, and every one of the tailed beasts, including "mass of hatred" Kurama. Reality sucks. And if Naruto gave in to that, he'd be Hanzo. And we all know what happens to a Hanzo...

Great, slightly necessary chapter! After all the theories that came up last week of how exactly Tobi was being assaulted in his alternate dimension, as well as why the Rasengan exploded him where it did, I'm surprised to see so many complaints to Kishi giving us the full-fledged explanation. You guys are impossible. Things definitely seem to be building towards an unmasking *jumps on CH.600 bandwagon*

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Not so Fast....That is what Kishi wants you to say/think. Why is he making it so Obvious?

Definitely Tobi has Obito's other eye, definitely he's been spying on Kakashi and Jiraiya and Naruto.

BUT, there are difficulties with Tobi=Obito:

1) He'd have to be the same age as Kakashi, but he's older (which will force Kishi to invent a hyperbolic Time Chamber).

2) Tobi's knowledge of events relating to the SO6P and to Uchiha Madara (He'd have to have had false memories given to him).

3) Tobi's desire to become complete by gaining the bijuus (not something suited to/meaningful for Obito).

I am not convinced yet.
    1) Not really, the 3rd and Danzou where of the same age, yet Danzou looked way younger than Hiruzen. Beside, as I mentioned before, Tobi has no wrinkles around his eyes, only on his right cheek (hard to call it evidence that he is old). Not to mention that he might have the same thing that Itachi had on his face, but more .

2) Not really, he had years to learn about it from either Madara or Black Zetsu (who recorded every important fight ?), even Oro was able to gain enormous amount of knowledge by himself.

3) This one will be a little longer ;P.

Obito, he was certainly ridiculed and called a defect by his clan. Even Kakashi was saying something similar and we know how Uchiha are when it comes to power, and how those powerless are treated (most of the time, as spare eyes). He would have a reason to detest them.

Obito would have a reason to say the words that Tobi spoke to Kakashi. Obito, as the one that entrusted his wish to protect the one he loved (Rin), Kakashi the one to which that wish was entrusted and accepted by, both of them would end up empty as Tobi said, since ones wish and the others promise was not fulfilled.

"There is no hope", those words are spoken from experience, at least that's how I have seen them since the Kage Meting. If there is no hope, if there is no reason to follow the light, then plunging the world into darkness, is the only choice left.

The real problem with Tobi being Obito isn't in his looks, but in his mind. Tobi seems like a mastermind, he seems even quite intelligent, while Obito's intelligence stat from the Databook was 1... his current state of mind, motivation, the reason for performing "THAT" plan are, understandable, but the big jump in intelligence seems quite strange.

Still, he might not be Obito, because in reality, most Shinobi would have their wish unfulfilled, their promises shattered and their hopes pulverized.