Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    And another point, the part of Tobi's face beneath the mask that he showed to Sasuke. This was of a much older man than Obito would have been.

EDIT:

@JAIDEN:

WHY is the spoiler saying Tobi's LEFT arm took damage from the Rasengan?

A simple typo?
    Last edited by paulbee; 08-11-2012 at 08:39 PM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    And another point, the part of Tobi's face beneath the mask that he showed to Sasuke. This was of a much older man than Obito would have been.
    [B]
    I don't want to quarrel over those things, since we have yet to learn MANY things about Tobi.
    But then again. We've seen his right side of the face, but we never saw the left one. why? Because it's almost certainly a lot different than the right side. The left side will surely reveal us his true identity. I can't just say: he can't be obito, because after all the insane experiments with bodies, souls, eyes and limbs we saw, we can't exclude any eventuality. We simply don't know what happened to Obito's body and soul, nor the plans madara could have made for him.
    I say: let's just wait and see

A simple typo?
    I think so.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

EDIT:

@JAIDEN:

A simple typo?
    Was it "old", or only "deformed" ? We will find out that soon. Actually, those are probably scars or deformations, because when Kishi draws wrinkles, he draws them around the yes, while Tobi's are only under his eyes:
    Danzou (down panels):
    Spoiler!

Tobi:
    Spoiler!

AND. In the next chapter tobi will say something about kakashi's unfulfilled promises and stuff. If tobi were izuna, how could he possibly know about kakashi's promises to an old friend? Only a person who knows kakashi well can know those things. And if he were izuna and he could know these informations about kakashi, why would he bother collecting them? what does he care about kakashi, his promises and habits?

In my opinion, Tobi knows kakashi pretty well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoru View Post
    In my opinion, Tobi knows kakashi pretty well.
    We've known that since the last chapter. :| It's pretty common knowledge at this point. The issue with the new chapter of Naruto is the same issue the work has had since this arc started: we spend chapters reviewing what we all already know.

Giving Itachi another pop and him going on and on about the Uchiha massacre was something that was covered in detail some 100 chapters ago. Naruto entering and ending every battle with the same friendship/hokage speeches since his fight with Zabuza. And now we have Tobi giving us a shred of dialogue which only confirms what we've known even before he showed his Sharingan. Since 2008 or 2009 people have been saying that Tobi is Obito. And in the chapter before the one we just read the spoilers for Tobi mentioned how Kakashi never changed. It's obvious to anyone that Tobi knew Kakashi and was, more than likely Obito. This chapter is another half-hearted attempt by Kishimoto to drag out an already lackluster plot and is a continuous disservice to longtime fans.

If we're reading this manga on a weekly basis there shouldn't be a need to consistently, pathologically repeat dialogue and scenarios. (Remember when we read the legend of the Kinkaku brothers and learned they had the Kyuubi's chakra. Then less than 50 chapters later the Kyuubi repeated that same legend word for word. Kishimoto obviously isn't trying at this point imo.) In chapter 600 the big reveal is going to be Tobi being unmasked and we'll see it's Obito as some fans have known for years. Which goes to show very little in the way paid to creativity towards the plot or respect to the fans.

lol there are so many ppl it can be, even konohamaru's dad or the elder son.

Banned
    That's irrelevant. I'm not flaming you merely pointing out that this issue is not important because it's not an issue really. Tobi was experimented on and it's possible his "wrinkles" may be an indicator of the stress the experiments had on his body. Also, it's common for the creepy, bad guys, to have some manner of "artistic" deformity if they have a secret identity and then for that to just magically disappear when they've been revealed. It's also possible that "leading" Akatsuki is a stressful job. Or that the space time jutsu places a tremendous strain on the body and we've seen that Tobi uses this technique quite often. We've seen that many of the jutsu unique to the Uchiha (Amaterasu, Izanagi, Susano'o) place a strain on the body. Could be the same with this space time jutsu. Or it's entirely possible that Kishimoto was going to write Tobi as Izuna Uchiha and then, realizing that wouldn't make any sense, decided to retcon anything that might have led to that possibility.

And really, the wrinkles don't make him look THAT much older.

I s2g Imageshack is the worst file hosting site ever made. This is what I'm trying to link: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...osuq.png/sr=1#

Quote Originally Posted by almara View Post
    lol there are so many ppl it can be, even konohamaru's dad or the elder son.
    Yep and the fact that Zetsu can clone himself (even without GM) and stalk every important shinobi or an important shinobi to be like the White Fang's Son (which is a mayor thing, seeing as every older character is like "OMG, he is the White Fang's son :O !!!").

The power itself isn't a problem and it is even confirmed that it is Obito's Sharingan in the chapter to come.

@Pheonix, actually I think that Kishi did a great job with Tobi, because each time we begin to be sure about Tobi's identity, there is a plot-twist which make us go back to the beginning with only one name crossed out from the list on who he can be ;P. His orange swirling mask is in truth a representation of what Kishi is doing to fans with his identity, simply many swirls that lead to a black hole .

Hmmmmmm, you know what, I realized something. Tobi ca...oh wait I forgot about the miracle Hashirama cells... oh well, what I wanted to say is that if Tobi's justsu is an MS and he is Obito, then he would go blind ages ago from using the jutsu so often, but as you can see above, I initially forgot about Hashirama's cells that even make Shisui's ability active way, way faster, from 10 year to 10 hour delay...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    @Pheonix, actually I think that Kishi did a great job with Tobi, because each time we begin to be sure about Tobi's identity, there is a plot-twist which make us go back to the beginning with only one name crossed out from the list on who he can be ;P. His orange swirling mask is in truth a representation of what Kishi is doing to fans with his identity, simply many swirls around black hole .
    Not really. :| Nothing Kishimoto has done has deterred most readers from believing Tobi is anyone other than Obito. In fact I'm among that percentage that knew Tobi was Obito since 2008, only changing my mind when a theory popped up that it could be Sasuke from the future. Even that made more since then it being Izuna or anyone else. If Kishimoto was trying to send us on a wild goose chase to keep things interesting he failed miserably. Tobi having similar powers to Kakashi, Tobi having that spiked hair-do that we've never seen anyone but Obito sport, the mask, the list goes on. My argument might be different if the location of the hole in the mask was different but that alone was enough to never lift scrutiny off Obito. It's true that Kishimoto placed up signs saying it could be this person, this person or this person, but those signs never did anything to disprove that Tobi was Obito. It's like this: Kishimoto placed three or four possible candidates, but all he did was name them. He didn't include anything in the way of "evidence" to support the possibility of someone other than Obito being Tobi. None of the candidates even had Tobi's hair for goodness sakes.