Thread: Dragon Ball Z

Dragon Ball Z

I know this is crazy to talk about, but they are coming out with a new Dragon Ball Z movie!!!

Out now is the first full teaser for an all-new animated movie for 2013, with heavy involvement from series creator Akira Toriyama.

According to Anime News Network: The film is set between the 517th and 518th installments of Akira Toriyama's original manga. Specifically, it is set during the "lost decade" of story time after the end of the battle with Majin Buu. Kuririn, Piccolo, Vegeta, and other familar characters will appear in the film. The film is not a spinoff, but a story in the official history of Dragon Ball.

http://youtu.be/d5M6eykCPfg

Not going to lie, pretty giddy about this
    My name is Corey and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge in every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with random women, and just generally act like a raging dick head. I contribute to society in no way what so ever

Proud fan of the Oujou White Knights!

To be honest I heard DBZ movie and was like meh whats is this like the 14th version its been done to death. However hopefully they didnt revive this just to give us more of the same because much like Naruto movies every DBZ movie have a very similar story.

Everyone's having a normal day
    Bad guys show up start shit
    One by one the Z fighters show up and hold their own for bit
    Bad guys power up & Z fighters get bet down
    Goku refuses to give up while everyone else lies in coma
    Everyone gives their Chi to Goku
    Giant Spirit bomb or kamehameha wave
    Fin

I'm hoping this adds something interesting with that classic DBZ Comedy.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by Greed-sama View Post
    I know this is crazy to talk about, but they are coming out with a new Dragon Ball Z movie!!!

Out now is the first full teaser for an all-new animated movie for 2013, with heavy involvement from series creator Akira Toriyama.

According to Anime News Network: The film is set between the 517th and 518th installments of Akira Toriyama's original manga. Specifically, it is set during the "lost decade" of story time after the end of the battle with Majin Buu. Kuririn, Piccolo, Vegeta, and other familar characters will appear in the film. The film is not a spinoff, but a story in the official history of Dragon Ball.

http://youtu.be/d5M6eykCPfg

Not going to lie, pretty giddy about this
    Are you sure that it's not a spinoff ? IIRC the only cannon things where Trunks's and Bardock's Special (were those even movies ?). Unless I see "special" in the name of the movie, I'm not buying that it is part of the canon .

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    To be honest I heard DBZ movie and was like meh whats is this like the 14th version its been done to death. However hopefully they didnt revive this just to give us more of the same because much like Naruto movies every DBZ movie have a very similar story.

Fin

Huh, "Chi" ? I thought it was Ki (physical energies) and not Chi (mental energies) ? Unless there was some mistranslation in the Golden Sun game, or my memory is just bad .

Actually there are more than 13 movies, IIRC there are at least 2 more (not counting the Specials and Vageta's lost brother thing), in one there was something similar to -that thing that absorbed Vegeta- from GT, that somehow cloned all the foes Goku fought (Freeza, Cooler, Cell etc.), or something like that .

Hard to be hyped after only being shown some background and a camera going around Goku... the only things that I can really be hyped about are:
    - Grownup Gotenks,
    - Gohan Mystic 2 (right, they should add him a new level ;P),
    - Vegeta SSJ3... well maybe not ,
    - ...hmmmm... there isn't much, unless this is like a prelude to the continuation of DBZ... with Future Trunks's Time-Machine, the gate to other times and parallel dimensions would have been wide open... although, IIRC, it was destroyed .

BTW. My favorite movie was probably the one with Cooler's Return, I think (the specials where good as well).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post

Fin

I am a very pessimistic person but I was looking forward to this movie. And you totally killed it for me. Me. A pessimist. And the worst part is I can't be mad at you because really, looking back I'm having a hard-time thinking of a villain that Goku didn't beat with a spirit bomb.

Initiate
    Sweet a new DBZ movie something to pass the time

Super Saiyan God!

That is all.

Gohan is SSJ, again... eh, even though it was suggested that if he went Mystic SSJ, he would explode after the fight or even right after transforming, in similar manner to how first SSJ exploded (thus this means that the first SSJ might have actually been in Mystic mode before becoming SSJ, man they should have made a moive about him instead...). I guess he is no longer Mystic then.

Dragon Ball Z Movie 14: Kami to Kami

The raws are out, if someone wants to watch it, click the link above. Spoilers below:

Spoiler!

Edit:

It's already subbed, you can watch the movie by clicking the link above.
    Last edited by Zero; 09-14-2013 at 07:48 PM.