Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • I wanna read Ikoude

6 85.71%
  • I don't wanna read it

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Question Ikoude: Taiyou terasu no tochi

I'm thinking about it from very much time and I decided to crate my own manga.
    I'm creating the story for now, as for the pics I'm learning how to draw from 2 years and maybe I'll post some too. I think that on the March 11-12 I'll post the introduction.As for the continuing I'll see.
    I hope you'll enjoy it!
    P.S: (It's a long story)
    ------------------------------------------
    If anyone has some suggestions about face proportion in manga then please post them.

Make it and I'll read it.

I wished to do a similar thing myself, though in Western comic style, sadly it fell through as I'm a highly incompetent artist and I ended up getting into shouting matches with the guy I found who was willing to do it. Ah well, maybe I can do something with the concept at a later date...

That said, though I am interested in your idea, you can't just post links to this in totally unrelated threads. Put a link in your signature perhaps and then just post normal posts and people who think you're a good poster will come to this thread, just randomly putting links will only get them deleted I'm afraid.

Thanks for the advice Binky I'll try and find a forum where people put their own manga. If you know some please give me some links. If I find some i'll post here the link.
    Can't I just put it in here?
    Help me Binky, I'm lost in all these threads! Just say where I have to put it.
    Last edited by Yoru; 03-03-2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You'll be able to post it here at MangaShare, I'd say the Graphics, Colouring and Fanart forum would be the best fit. Another forum where you could put it is this one over at MangaHelpers: CLICK ME, which is actually called Fan Manga and is specifically for projects just like yours.

If you're unsure about forums, what I was talking about earlier was your signature, which is something which appears at the bottom of every post you make (Like mine, with the red Binktopia Supporter graphic and so on), to get to that you go to User CP > Edit Signature and then you can put something like this:

[*URL="http://www.mangashare.com/forums/fan-fiction-amvs/4456-ikoude-taiyou-terasu-no-tochi.html"]Give Comments on my Manga, Ikoude: Taiyou terasu no tochi[/URL]

Only without the * before URL and a link to this topic will appear after every post you make, handy way to get people to notice it.

Anyway yeah, here and at that forum on MangaHelpers are two good places where lots of people can see your work.

No, no, sorry Binky, I finally understood. Nevermind
    If you're interested in the title it's : "Ikoude(main character): the land enlightened by sun(chapter name)"
    Last edited by Yoru; 03-04-2008 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

a girl in my class was a really talented artist. she won a national award and i think shes going pro right now with her own manga. im really looking forward to her future work.
    i'd be really happy to see something from you even if you did find a forum for private artists.

Ndes,I don't think I am a great artist, you know.
    I'm practising every day but only in manga and I have still a lot of work to do, and I think that being able to draw characters isn't the only necessary thing to make a new manga.
    But if you see or hear from your friend ask her about face proportions and character's balance. I'd like some accurate informations.

guess what happened this morning? after not hearing anything from this girl for half a year this appeared in our newspaper (i live in germany so ill have to translate it to you, but its quite cool):
    aiming at the international break through
    the young manga-artist Reyhan Yilderim (19) has published her first big manga. according to the publisher "Tokyopop" the book with the title "Tylsim" will appear this march. mangas are japanese comics. they are the base for comicmovies, called animes. even western films like "heidi" and "wicki" are animes. main stylistic device is the big head with big saucer eyes. yilderim is one of the youngest manga-artist in germany. with three years she made first contact to pen and paper, with nine she meticulously copied comic-characters from the tv. with thirteen she won the biggest german manga-drawing-competition "manga manie". her first book resolves around a mysterious stone on which the life of a small village depends. reyhan yilderims publisher dr. joachim kaps said there were good chances that this book could lead to her international breakthrough. her first sketches have already lead to positive feedback.

since im not a close friend of hers im not in direct contact to her anymore, but i can look if i can make contact over the internet. hope she doesnt get to much fanmail already^^

If I want to send you one of my pictures what should I do? On this forum it seems impossible to upload immages from your CPU
    I warn you, my skills suck(I think)
    Last edited by Yoru; 03-05-2008 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I PMed you about it, just use ImageShack to upload and after that it'll give you a list of URLs, copy one of them and then just use a code like below only without the * again and with the proper ImageShack URL.

[*IMG]http://imageshack.us/blahahahahjsdhijhkd[/IMG]