History's strongest disciple Kenichi manga question??

Edit: Can someone move this to the Shonen Manga section please.... yup... i'm a goon.

I'm not entirely sure where this goes so apologies in advance if i've failed to go through the "Correct channels"

Anyways, i was just wondering what's going on with this manga, this site (and nearly all others (the rest trailing behind)) has chapter 104 as the latest. I was just wondering why? (i'm not intending to be rude at all so if it comes across that way blame my crappy wording (sorry about that)) I've had a look see around on the old web and i've found the raws for chapters all the way up to at least volume 20... which is definitely past chapter 104.

Is there some reason as to why the scanlation is so far behind? (again, that wasn't meant to be rude, i just can't find a better way of wording right this second and i'm typing this out while trying to avoid the eyes of my teacher (i'm at college))

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by Mike; 03-03-2008 at 03:18 PM. Reason: posted in the wrong section... sorry

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    I'm not exactly sure why but I think I read a little while ago that the reason was due to lack of interest the scanlation of the manga was stopped, but started back up again when the anime was released and the scanlators have now been going up at their own pace. (Although like I said I'm not sure, I also heard it was due to difficulty obtaining RAW's but if you found up to vol 20 then that probably isn't it.

Although recently the manga releases have definitely been on the increase in comparison since groups like Kurohana and Illuminati started scanlating it.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

I think that Archiel explained it pretty well. The anime increased the demand for scanlated copies of the manga by a lot. there are a couple other reasons this manga didn't get attention for a long time and I will explain them.

first being that it is published in Shonen Sunday. While SS is popular in Japan the mangas in it are no where near as popular as the ones in Shonen Jump here in the US (and in other english speaking countries for that matter).

Another reason is a lot of people saw the original Kenichi manga that only went up through the end of the Ragnarok Arc. It did not feature as many characters, and those who have read it know it majorly pales in comparison to the current.

And lastly (please no one take offense to this because I am not trying to offend anyone here), The scan groups that have scanned Kenichi in the past have many different projects while working on Kenichi. And kenichi probably gets put on the backburner for projects that people demand more (I am sure staffing problems have something to do with it as well. Anyone who scans knows that every group has staffing issues).

So basically A nice little series of events have concluded in Kenichi scans being behind by more then 14 volumes I do believe. As a matter of fact it is still a good 40 or 50 chapters behind the end of the anime. I assure you though, my group (ChaoScans) is doing everything we can to get these releases done as quickly as possible, and are trying to get caught up as fast as we can. Hope that cleared some stuff up for you

i was going to ask about chapters 109-134... if someone needs a cleaner, i will work for cookies

Kenichi is now scanned up to 172-173..get it at onemanga.com

Aku Soku Zan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?