Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Higurashi no naku koro ni Live action movie

As a lot of you may be aware, a live action version of Higurashi is set to be released on the 10th of May this year. I didn't see a thread for it though so I thought I might make one.

For those who don't know the series, heres a little information on the plot line obtained from wiki:

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni takes place during June 1983, at a fictional rural village called Hinamizawa which has a population of approximately 2000. The main character, Keiichi Maebara, moves to Hinamizawa and befriends his new classmates Rena Ryugu, Mion Sonozaki, Rika Furude, and Satoko Hojo. Keiichi joins their after-school club activities, which consist mostly of card and board games (and punishment games for the loser, usually him.) Hinamizawa appears to be a normal, peaceful, rural village to Keiichi. However, the tranquility abruptly ends after the annual Watanagashi Festival, a celebration to commemorate and give thanks to the local god, Oyashiro-sama. Keiichi learns that every year for the past four years, one person has been murdered and
    another has gone missing on the day of the Watanagashi Festival. Keiichi himself soon becomes drawn into the strange events surrounding the Watanagashi Festival and Oyashiro-sama. In each story arc, he or one of his friends become paranoid, and a crime is committed. Usually, the crime involves the murder of one of their own friends. While it seems impossible to tell their delusions apart from the mystery of Hinamizawa, slowly the truth is revealed.
    Production:

So far it has been confirmed that the director will be Ataru Oikawa (Tomie), and the cast list is as follows;

Maebara Keiichi: Maeda Gouki
    Sonozaki Mion: Asuka Rin
    Ryugu Rena: Matsuyama Airi
    Furude Rika: Aika
    Hojo Satoko: Ono Erena
    Ooishi Kurauto: Sugimoto Tetta
    Takano Miyo: Kawahara Ayako
    Tomitake Jirou: Taniguchi Masashi
    Irie Chousuke: Tanaka Koutarou
    Chie Rumiko: Miwa Hitomi
    Maebara Ichirou: Yoneyama Senkichi
    Maebara Aiko: Hoshi Youko

Relevant sites:

The home site for the movie:

Higurashi Movie

A 30 minute special for the movie has been shown and there is a torrent for it here:

Tokyo Toshokan :: #tokyotosho @ irc.rizon.net :: Torrent Details

Nippon Cinema has some trailers if you want to check it out:

New trailer and poster art for ‘Higurashi no Naku Koro ni’ - Nippon Cinema

So anyways, what do you guys think of it?

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

i DL the first serie of this anime but i haven't watched it yet...i heard it was quite good
    i'll get this movie once it's subbed
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

COOL |*-*|~cassette tape Animeartangel's Avatar
    aww yes! That sounds awesome. I didn't think they would make it into a live-action. But who plays Shion?
    92% Of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy this
    lol~~~

I help bring you manga!=) [SYN]'s Avatar
    Wow, never heard of this anime series before. Sounds extremely interesting. *Looks up anime episodes to torrent.*
    ---------

---------

Manga I Own:

*XS Hybrid Vol. 1
    *XS Hybrid Vol. 2
    *XS Hyrbrid Vol 3
    *Gantz Vol 1

Quote Originally Posted by Animeartangel View Post
    aww yes! That sounds awesome. I didn't think they would make it into a live-action. But who plays Shion?
    This movie only covers the first arc, the Onikakushi-hen. So Shion wouldn't be in it.

Spoiler!

then there's not much plot explanation in this movie,
    unless they change the ending or they decide to make all the arcs into live action movie

Yeah, I assume that this isn't going to be the only Higurashi movie, if it is then they'll probably change a lot of the elements which will make it suck.

Spoiler!

It'd be nice if they used all the original voice actors as the the cast, but thats just wishfull thinking, as a they would never be able to pass them off as teens.

I don't think they'll be able to top Renna's Uso da!! or Mion/Shion's angry voice (Yukino Satsuki sounds brilliant when she's angry).

Still, Might be worth watching.

movie will suck because of japan's lack of live action material the least they could do is just take a kid who wins a contest in america who knows the most about the awesome anime, bring him to japan let him have free reign of the production and just make a shit ton of money due to his creative abilities, oh and i know its wishful thinking, but with japan's live action talent it isnt a bad idea to go out on a limb on.