Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    and yet the raikiri is ranked as S-rank and the chidori as A-rank, so there must be some difference, you cant tell me that they are the same and yet their ranking is different or the fact that their colors is different.

...their color isn't different, where do you get this information ? The only time that Chidori had a different color was at the time of Naruto's and Sasuke's final clash at the VotE, where it was heavily boosted with natural energy and Sasuke's heightened spiritual powers.

It would be better if you have provided some pages from the Databook representing their different rank, although I still think it was more to show that Kakashi's is just stronger, just for the sake of later improving Sasuke. Especially that even after the chunin exam, Sasuke was still working on his Chidori, suggesting that he hasn't fully mastered it at that point.

Pretty sure I saw that on a naruto wikia not too long ago.
    Basic difference is that raikiri was basically a refined chidori making it more powerful in the process.
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?

ok, http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...hidori-Raikiri, link that shows that they are ranked differently according to the databook.

its kinda hard to proof it by posting a picture of the color since the pages are black and white, but if you check the anime you'll see the difference in color and narutopedia backs it up as well.

The different ranks are probably because of the different strengths between the two users. Even on the Sasuke page it says "When Kakashi uses it, "Chidori" is known as "Raikiri". Which sure sounds like it is the same thing.
    http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg513...pg&res=landing
    My name is Corey and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge in every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with random women, and just generally act like a raging dick head. I contribute to society in no way what so ever

Proud fan of the Oujou White Knights!

but thats just it, if it is the exact same jutsu then they must per definition also be ranked equally or it simply isnt the same jutsu. im not argueing against it being the same jutsu, its just weird that if it is the same jutsu, then why is being ranked differently, i know that raikiri is the stronger jutsu, also if raikiri is the stronger jutsu, then how can they be the same, which refers me to my point about odama rasengan and rasengan being the same also then.

Konohamaru most certainly has the potential for developing and manipulating rasengan past the 4th homage level. Simply, there is great difference between creating and learning. Konahamaru was taught rasengan, his relationship and understanding of the jutsu will be fundamentally different initially. Sarutobi is no less impressive than senju, uchiha, uzumaki, or hyuuga so using that to speculate potential is wasted effort since he can perform the jutsu at such a young age in the first place. Yondaime lacked the time to further develop not only rasengan but also many other things due to such a young death. His capabilities would have undoubtedly improved as he seasoned with age and that counts for things like guts anid raw ability as well. IMO konohamaru could develop an impressive variation or evolution of rasengan that would fly in face of kakashi's words explaining the difficulties and level of shinobi required to perform it. The kid is simply shaping up to be such a shinobi and it helps he is far more intelligent than naruto, his mentor.

Chidori was explained by Gai to be simply a nickname for raikiri on account of the sound it makes. The differences are initially there not so much as kakashi and sasuke versions but when first created, the jutsu was indeed raikiri but had no attached function with the sharingan. A deadly jutsu without sharingan ( raikage had his variation) but sharingan takes it to a whole new level. Kakashi taught sasuke the complete jutsu as he had understood it.