View Poll Results: What did you think of the chapter?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • l5l Excellent

    8 88.89%
  • l4l Great

    1 11.11%
  • l3l Average

    0 0%
  • l2l Bad

    0 0%
  • l1l Terrible

    0 0%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 69
  1. #41
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,938
    @Zero phoenix,

    Can't honestly say I've got really good instincts on FT, so I don't wanna push a POV where I'm totally missing it. Anyhow I have been enjoying FT quite a bit lately, and it'll be interesting to see how Mashima takes the story, and how he ultimately portrays Sabertooth.

    One thing is certain, the real villain in this arc is probably not related to Sabertooth. Ultimately the Guilds might have to work together to defeat the evil that is lurking in the background. This might mean greater closeness between FT and ST in the future.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  2. #42
    Senior Member kiduka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,567
    I'm still wondering why Mashima is bringing Mavis into this battle, why is the first master put to the test, shouldn't it be Makarov's concern?

    I get the feeling that if she's gonna get involved somehow she's gonna help Natsu & Gajeel activate their Dragon Force, but that would imply Natsu & Gajeel will get beaten to a pulp despite going full power. I wouldn't want that to happen, if their Dragon Force trumps Natsu & Gajeel even at full power that would be pure gayness from Mashima because they aren't even fighting seriously.

    I don't know what Mashima is up to but I don't want anyone to interfere, they've done good so far without nakama power I would like it to stay that way. Sting and Rogue should take the momentum for a while until the Fairies power up and end it.

  3. #43
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,938
    Quote Originally Posted by kiduka View Post
    I'm still wondering why Mashima is bringing Mavis into this battle, why is the first master put to the test, shouldn't it be Makarov's concern?

    I get the feeling that if she's gonna get involved somehow she's gonna help Natsu & Gajeel activate their Dragon Force, but that would imply Natsu & Gajeel will get beaten to a pulp despite going full power. I wouldn't want that to happen, if their Dragon Force trumps Natsu & Gajeel even at full power that would be pure gayness from Mashima because they aren't even fighting seriously.

    I don't know what Mashima is up to but I don't want anyone to interfere, they've done good so far without nakama power I would like it to stay that way. Sting and Rogue should take the momentum for a while until the Fairies power up and end it.
    Well you gotta remember that the battle with Sting and Rogue is just a Side show. The real battle has to do with what Dragneel is talking about. It probably involves Acnologia and Zeref. Mavis better help them power up before the main event starts.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  4. #44
    Senior Member kiduka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Well you gotta remember that the battle with Sting and Rogue is just a Side show. The real battle has to do with what Dragneel is talking about. It probably involves Acnologia and Zeref. Mavis better help them power up before the main event starts.
    True, there's also Jellal he can at least help Natsu power up to Dragon force for the main event.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Rykimaruh View Post
    I ain't even mad, in the end their asses are gonna get whooped. The series is called Fairy Tail after all, not Sabertooth. trolololololl. Knowing Mashima, Sting and Rogue cold either pair up with Natsu and Gajeel or leave.
    Wow, you get an A+ for pointing out manga cliches. Anyone who's read FT before or any shonen for that matter knows that it's not rare for dark characters to team up with the protagonist. We've seen this done in DBZ, abused in Hitman, and of course it's been done several times in FT already. Predicting what's going to happen, when what that is is already common knowledge really doesn't count for much. But it's cute that you tried. It was a pathetic attempt to gain some ground but still cute.


    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    One thing is certain, the real villain in this arc is probably not related to Sabertooth. Ultimately the Guilds might have to work together to defeat the evil that is lurking in the background. This might mean greater closeness between FT and ST in the future.
    As far as the true villain of this arc is concerned it undoubtedly has to do with that group trying to capture Lucy. It's already a given that FT and ST will have to team up to stop them. Since we're not discussing anything that isn't already common knowledge associated with shonen I'm more curious to learn what Zeref's role in all this will be.

  6. #46
    Weirdest Fangirl Ever streetbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    332
    Finally, Sabertooth is written to be a dark version of Fairy Tail. For the most part, they have the same feelings toward their nakama as Fairy Tail does. The only difference is that Sabertooth values strength above family. But for those members of Sabertooth that are acknowledged as nakama, they have a very close-knit bond. If Natsu didn't attack their members that chick wouldn't have gone to town on Lucy as payback.
    Where do you get these facts from exactly? Really the only interaction we've seen from the members of Sabertooth between each other is Sting and Rogue, and quite frankly Rogue is the only one that seems to have a similar outlook to guilds as Natsu and the rest of Fairy Tail has. Rogue actually was sad when Yukino had to strip while Sting just looked pissed.

    That bitch would've gone to town on Lucy just as she did regardless since what she was doing wasn't proving a point of "don't attack my guild" it was her proving a point in that Sabertooth is the strongest.

    I'd be inclined to believe you if the manga didn't contradict your arguments. This isn't Natsu's first time encountering a guild with different value systems. This isn't even the first time Natsu has encountered a guild with questionable acts toward their members. And no this isn't the first time Natsu has gotten fired up and I would not argue that it is. This, THIS incident however is the first time Natsu has actually violently attacked another guild.
    Actually it is the first time Natsu has encountered a guild with this mentality of just "throwing away trash" trash being their nakama. So you're basically contradicting yourself in saying that the manga contradicts his arguement when you yourself have no backing.

    The official guilds we've seen in Fairy Tail other then Fairy Tail are Blue Pegasus, where a fuck up like Ichiya is considered a top mage, Lamia scale where they are all shown to get along and care for each other, and Phantom Lord who while were quite reckless in their treatment of Fairy Tail obviously cared for their guild and their fellow members when they were in it. Oh and I guess Cait Shelter counts too which was a fake guild all made for Wendy so.....

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by streetbum View Post
    Where do you get these facts from exactly? Really the only interaction we've seen from the members of Sabertooth between each other is Sting and Rogue, and quite frankly Rogue is the only one that seems to have a similar outlook to guilds as Natsu and the rest of Fairy Tail has. Rogue actually was sad when Yukino had to strip while Sting just looked pissed.
    Apart from Sting and Rogue, the chapter where Natsu attacked Sabertooth showed that the leader of Sabertooth (don't know the old guys name) didn't like having his guild attacked by someone nerdraging. He told his men to back off and he would handle Natsu himself. If he didn't give a damn he would have just let Natsu go to town until he either got tired, or just felt that he delivered his message and left. And that old guys daughter more or less capturing Happy and threatening him if Natsu didn't back off was further indication that ST doesn't take kindly to people attacking the nakama that is their guild. Concerning Yukino, and the fact that you seem unable to understand basic English, I stated in a previous post that while ST values family, strength comes first. In fact, you might say that strength is how one is recognized as family. Yukino, losing a fight, being defeated by one hit, would obviously not sit well with a guild that values strength like ST does. Pay attention.


    Quote Originally Posted by streetbum View Post
    That bitch would've gone to town on Lucy just as she did regardless since what she was doing wasn't proving a point of "don't attack my guild" it was her proving a point in that Sabertooth is the strongest.





    Quote Originally Posted by streetbum View Post
    Actually it is the first time Natsu has encountered a guild with this mentality of just "throwing away trash" trash being their nakama. So you're basically contradicting yourself in saying that the manga contradicts his arguement when you yourself have no backing.
    Go back to that chapter where the gang took on their first dark guild. It was that arc where the villain could control wind. He and his flunkies had no problems killing their own guild members when they were no longer useful. Check out the guild that Gazille was working for. Hell Gazille himself was using his own teammates as shields. And that's just two separate examples. In each and every arc, cept for "maybe" that one where they took their exams on that island, Natsu has come up against villains belonging to guilds that treat their members like shit and he's always gotten fired up. This time however he actually made it his business when he had no right to do so. So maybe you need to go back and read, better yet comprehend as that seems to be a bigger hump for you. Btw, know why no one has countered my arguments? Because it's supported by the manga and no one who holds a view opposite of my own has a leg to stand on. So before you run your ignorant mouth pay attention to the climate around here. It seems that the only thing you're good at is making arguments which, having already been refuted, is actually rather redundant.



    Quote Originally Posted by streetbum View Post
    The official guilds we've seen in Fairy Tail other then Fairy Tail are Blue Pegasus, where a fuck up like Ichiya is considered a top mage, Lamia scale where they are all shown to get along and care for each other, and Phantom Lord who while were quite reckless in their treatment of Fairy Tail obviously cared for their guild and their fellow members when they were in it. Oh and I guess Cait Shelter counts too which was a fake guild all made for Wendy so.....

  8. #48
    Weirdest Fangirl Ever streetbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    332
    Now you've managed to piss me off in the fact that you don't know how to debate without insulting someone. Also posting images doesn't mean you're right, it means you're a jackass. Go and reread the chapter where Yukino was forced to strip. Look at the guilds reaction, as a whole they had no problem seeing that except for Rogue who was sad and then got quite mad at Sting for his comment regarding her being thrown out.

    You're also putting wayyyy to much thought into the minds of Sabertooth as to how they are reacting. It's actually quite hysterical. The old guy sent someone who he thought would wreck Natsu originally at him, and when he saw that one of his guild members that is considered their top 10 got one shot he decided he would put an end to it, I also don't see that ninja out of the guild with his one mistake. Sabertooths only care is that they're the strongest and everyone knows it, thats it. A member from a joke guild (which Fairy Tail is now considered) showing up and blowing holes in the top guild isn't quite good for it's reputation.

    Go back to that chapter where the gang took on their first dark guild.
    This is my favorite since you're telling me to comprehend I even bolded your post for you so you can see what you wrote. Now I'll allow for you to tell me what the definition of a dark guild is in Fairy Tail. In my first post I listed off every official guild but you just go right ahead and have that attitude that the world revolves around you and having a differing opinion on what you consider right in a work of fiction ignorant.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by streetbum View Post
    Now you've managed to piss me off in the fact that you don't know how to debate without insulting someone. Also posting images doesn't mean you're right, it means you're a jackass. Go and reread the chapter where Yukino was forced to strip. Look at the guilds reaction, as a whole they had no problem seeing that except for Rogue who was sad and then got quite mad at Sting for his comment regarding her being thrown out.

    You're also putting wayyyy to much thought into the minds of Sabertooth as to how they are reacting. It's actually quite hysterical. The old guy sent someone who he thought would wreck Natsu originally at him, and when he saw that one of his guild members that is considered their top 10 got one shot he decided he would put an end to it, I also don't see that ninja out of the guild with his one mistake. Sabertooths only care is that they're the strongest and everyone knows it, thats it. A member from a joke guild (which Fairy Tail is now considered) showing up and blowing holes in the top guild isn't quite good for it's reputation.


    This is my favorite since you're telling me to comprehend I even bolded your post for you so you can see what you wrote. Now I'll allow for you to tell me what the definition of a dark guild is in Fairy Tail. In my first post I listed off every official guild but you just go right ahead and have that attitude that the world revolves around you and having a differing opinion on what you consider right in a work of fiction ignorant.

    ^

  10. #50
    Liar Game ftw Don.D.Bulky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Accra, Ghana.
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Phoenix View Post
    Apart from Sting and Rogue, the chapter where Natsu attacked Sabertooth showed that the leader of Sabertooth (don't know the old guys name) didn't like having his guild attacked by someone nerdraging. He told his men to back off and he would handle Natsu himself. If he didn't give a damn he would have just let Natsu go to town until he either got tired, or just felt that he delivered his message and left. And that old guys daughter more or less capturing Happy and threatening him if Natsu didn't back off was further indication that ST doesn't take kindly to people attacking the nakama that is their guild. Concerning Yukino, and the fact that you seem unable to understand basic English, I stated in a previous post that while ST values family, strength comes first. In fact, you might say that strength is how one is recognized as family. Yukino, losing a fight, being defeated by one hit, would obviously not sit well with a guild that values strength like ST does. Pay attention.

    You've made your point bro. what's with the hostility? hating much? Chill lol. The guy is just expressing his opinion and this is a forum for that no matter how ignorant the view. Although I share your view on ST, unlike you, I'm not their fan. However, I think if you wanted to school someone on your beloved guild, you could be more subtle about it.
    Oh, and also, there are guys who will argue even though they know they are wrong (cough*cross*cough). Probably, they just enjoy being on the wrong side of the argument and they don't give a f**k what you think. So don't think posting something brilliant and having no one counter it makes whoever tries to do so later a f**k off. Sometimes when I'm bored I like to read "nonsense" posts for sh*ts and giggles so I do appreciate the contributions of those guys. They keep the forum interesting and amusing at the same time. Also, don't forget that in someone's mind you are wrong even though you all read the same manga and guess what, you can't be right all the time. Even some of the best posters in this forum (like Paulbee, Xiao, Rlinfamous, SIMS) are wrong sometimes. Peace, I'm out man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    Currently planning war strategies at a tea party with Madara, Kabuto, Zetsu and Sasuke.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •