View Poll Results: Did sasuke's parent really care about him?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, of course retard!

19 76.00%
  • No, and I dont care for him either!

6 24.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Did Sasuke's parent really care about him?

I read the chapters were Itachi revealed Madara's past and though to myself, if the Uchihas have been having best friends purposefully killing each other to gain the MS and forcing there own brother/sister(I would assume) to take each others eyes to make the power permanent.

Then wouldnt the parents pick one and not really care about the other? I mean sure they would want them to thrive as a ninja but if they already picked one, then wouldnt they try and distances themselves from the one that they knew was going to lose there eyes and probably there life in the process? I mean looking back, Sasuke's Dad was really distant from him and backed Itachi, he praised him as the backbone that connect the Uchihas to Konoha.

Thoughts?

My thought is this is kinda silly. If the Uchihas where all evil they would have joined Madara. Few of the Uchiha clan act have the sharingan & only a few bad apples like Itachi have tried to obtain the MS.

Of course Sasuke's parents loved him. Its normal in any family that the older child takes the brunt of responsiblity while the younger is ignored and alowed to be more care free.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

It was said that Itachi was supposed to take over as head of the Uchiha clan after his dad. That was why Itachi got a lot of attention from his parents, not to mention his beastly skills at such a young age. But I would assume that the tradition of killing family members for MS was abandoned some time after Madara defected. Notice that Sasuke's father was reluctant to speak when Sasuke asked about different types of Sharingan. So that led me to believe that killing for the MS had been abandoned.

What was more perplexing to me was that Itachi and Sasuke seemed to be the only Uchiha children in the clan before the Uchiha massacre.

Well, I am not saying that All the Uchihas were over-the-top evil. I was assuming that they still were practicing the whole kill your best friend and then take your little brother's eyes for MS, but just secretively. I mean you don't want just everyone to know about something like that. Everyone would think your clan is evil........... And as for sasuke, i know they "loved" him but i was think it was more along the line of a red-headed step-child kinda love, I mean, there ok with the fact that he is around, but they wont miss him when he is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    What was more perplexing to me was that Itachi and Sasuke seemed to be the only Uchiha children in the clan before the Uchiha massacre.
    obito was a kid

I excluded Obito since he was dead long before the Uchiha massacre.

so you meant directly before? well i guess the uchiha clan had more kids, but since none were relevant to the plot they were excluded. maybe we did see alot of uchiha kids, we just didnt notice because they didnt have sharingan.

I just thought that even though they weren't relevant to the plot, they would have shown a couple of kids running through the Uchiha village at least. I mean, Sasuke couldn't have been the only 7 year old (age?) Uchiha attending the academy. But whatever.

Isn't the distinct trait of an Uchia the black hair and eyes?

Because if thats so I never saw a single Uchia child besides Sasuke in the anime and the manga. Thats not counting the long dead Obito.

i think his parents did care about him.