Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mech roleplay

Mech roleplay

I finally decided to make a role play. I really liked the other one that was on here and wanted to make another one after it died. To avoid some of the problems of last time I added a couple rules:

1. Only one post a day.
    This is according to your time so it's most convenient for you. This will help keep other people from falling behind from missing a day or two. All times zones must be posted in +/-GMT format for my convenience.

2. Don't control other people.
    Some people were a little annoyed last time saying that their actions were being controlled by other people. I will bend this a bit if you give them some minor dialog like "yes" or "no" or "I agree" or something small like this. It will be up to me and the mods to discriminate this.

3. No overly long posts.
    Simple, a few sentences a posts. This is a role play not a story, a paragraph or two is sufficient to get your point across.

This is a mech based Role Play. Your basic character profile will consist of two things, your profile and your mech's. The format will be as follows:

Character
    Name:
    Description:(physical and personality appearance)
    Bio:(background story etc.; optional)
    Timezone:(+/- GMT)

Mech
    Name:
    Type:(humanoid, two legged, etc.)
    Weapon 1:
    Weapon 2:
    Weapon 3:
    Description:

You may change your mech at any time, just provide a situation to in the actual role play. You will also have to post the new mech's profile.

Have fun everyone, hope you guys like it.

GMT is Greenwhich Mean Time. Find your timezone here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character
    Name: Ganta Freed
    Description: Short, stout young man. Likes work alone or in small teams. Smart, but stubborn. Somewhat of a loner and does not like to be the center of attention.
    Bio: Raised around mechs, he learned to pilot at a young age. When an illness claimed his parents, he quickly joined a group of mercenaries.
    Timezone: -6 GMT

Mech
    Name: Redsquirrel
    Type: Humanoid
    Weapon 1: Right arm beam sword.
    Weapon 2: Left arm beam sword.
    Weapon 3: Sniper rifle carried on the back unless in use.
    Description: Short or long range fighter that is quick and mobile. Speed and quick, weak strikes are it's specialty. Wrist mounted swords allows them to be quickly taken out and put away. Sniper rifle used in case of emergencies, when it is not possible to get in close to the opponent.
    Last edited by Redfuzzy; 03-22-2008 at 03:37 PM. Reason: forgot to put my profile; help explain timezones

I help bring you manga!=) [SYN]'s Avatar
    Character
    Name:Luca
    Description: Roughly 5'10, muscular but skinny. Hair is red. Has earphones in at all times. Some say he doesnt even listen to music...
    Bio: Grew up in a military family. Wanting to follow behind his fathers footsteps, Luca joined the army at 18. He excelled and became the leader of a special ops task force call JTES(Japan Terrorist Extermination Squad)
    Timezone: GMT-5(I think...)

Mech

Name: Syn
    Type: Humanoid
    Weapon 1: Sniper Rifle #1
    Weapon 2: Sniper Rfile #2(Snipers are two parts of a greater whole. Can combine for extremely long range fire and greater damage)
    Weapon 3: Two Large Twin Blades on the waist in the front
    Description: Mech is entirely black except for the "eyes" which glow red.
    Last edited by [SYN]; 03-22-2008 at 03:45 PM.
    ---------

---------

Manga I Own:

*XS Hybrid Vol. 1
    *XS Hybrid Vol. 2
    *XS Hyrbrid Vol 3
    *Gantz Vol 1

Character
    Name:Flair Uruke
    Description:5"10, wears an aviator hat and goggles at all times with large earmuff headphones around his neck constantly playing fast paced DnB. Never takes his black tight fit gloves off, and loves winding people up, though is strangely very popular with the ladies o_O
    Bio: As a small child his entire village was destroyed by Mech bandits, and all of his friends and family were killed in fron of him. By hiding he managed to survive, but is plagued by the guilt of his cowardice. His father was a world renowned mech builder and had just finished the Cerebaton MK.II, which luckily was currently locked to only activate to his families DNA. Flair took this and lived to this day as a Bounty hunter, constantly searching for the bandits that took so much away from him.
    Timezone:London

Mech
    Name: Cerebaton MK.II
    Type:Small humanoid (Think L-P-9999 Yuri from lost planet)
    Weapon 1: EMF blade
    Weapon 2: EMF blade
    Weapon 3: Shoulder mounted pulse cannon
    Description: A fast manouverable craft capable of limitless flight. The armour is quite weak however, and a few well placed shots from all but the weakest of weapons could temporarily disable it whilst the nanonbots take a considerable length of time to repair it. The pulse cannon is of average strength, and the short range blades are capable of cutting through all but the toughest armour.

Its the one one the left, except black with red swords ^_^

Dog House Inspector StateOfMind's Avatar
    Character
    Name:Nickolas Cyril
    Description: About 5'10, Brown Hair,Skinny with a bit of muscle with many tattoos and jewelry of Crosses.He always ears his Gold and White unfiorm wherever he goes.Hes Very Shy and Dosent like to talk to anyone other then his dog Nio.
    Bio:From Southern Canada..His mom was a drug lord, his father a killer. When they both died from a car bomb, Nik only smiled and said "It was Gods Will." He joined the army 2 years later with the intent to "Purge" the lands.
    Timezone:(-5 GMT)

Mech
    Name:Vengeance
    Type:humanoid
    Weapon 1: High-Energy Beam Rifle
    Weapon 2: 2 beam cannons on the shoulders/High energy beam cannon in the chest
    Weapon 3: Large beam sword
    Description: Mech designed for large scale destruction. Its not the strongest at melee combat but still is very dangerous due to the length of the sword. Hes almost all gold with parts being white.
    Last edited by StateOfMind; 03-25-2008 at 08:39 PM.
    I dream of a better world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.
    I Have Patty Hurst Syndrome!

Character
    Name: Dion Frusciante
    Description: he's 183cm. He has dark blond/brown hair. Not fat nor skinny. When he's not working on tweaking his mech he's listening/making (to) music.
    Bio:He was always raised to join the EMWC (European Mech War Coalition (part of EU) by his father. He got smaller training mechs and stuff like that from his dad to train. His father got assasinated in order of the EU (European Union) because they tought he was a spy from the EAC (East-Asian Coalition). He was 12 then but he was better with mechs then an [EU] Mech Commando. He joined ERA (the European Rebellion Army).
    Timezone: +1 GMT

Mech
    Name: Di3
    Type: humanoid
    Weapon 1: Beam Sword (red)
    Weapon 2: Exploding Disc thrower (it has an Light-Shield in it)
    Weapon 3: Beam Cannon
    Description: It's an mech designed to assasinate. He's very fast for an mech and has good shielding. His only real attack power lies in his beam cannon but his beam sword is sharp enough to cut an defensive/bomber mech in 2 pieces. the exploding disc are also strong enough to let an mech explode.
    Pic:

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    Character
    Name: Zee
    Description: Small and thin with 5 inch afro.
    Bio: Orphan; parents were killed when a mech accidentally stepped on their home (she was outside playing); she now lives in an orphanage. Very intuitive and observes mechs every opportunity she gets, hoping that one day she can fully destroy them.
    Timezone: -5 GMT

Mech
    Name: N/A
    Type: N/A
    Weapon 1: N/A
    Weapon 2: N/A
    Weapon 3: N/A
    Description: N/A
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

So, who starts the story and when?
    I delegate that task to RedSquirrel!

(ok I will. Btw that won't count for today's post for you either, since it didn't have any story in it.)

Freed flew into his ship's, The Acorn, docking bay.
    As he jumped out of the cockpit he was greeted by the smile of Catrina, the 8 year old daughter of one of the pilots.
    "Welcome back sir, how did go?" she said cheerfully.
    I responded wholeheartedly, "Great, but aren't you supposed to be with your daddy?"
    "No," she said frustrated, "He sent me to get you, they want you for the meeting, it's already started."
    Nearly leting a curse slip past my tongue, I hurried to the cockpit.
    When I arrived there, I could see the General on the screen.
    "Goddammit, not another army mission." I cursed to myself silently.

Elsewhere, a sullen Flair flew towards a ship under the command of a man named "Freed". He had found leads that indicated his current high bounty target would be an opponent on the military mission that the owner of the ship was about to embark upon, and had radiod ahead to check if his presence would be appreciated. A young sounding girl had answered his communication sounding excited and exclaimed "WOW, im sure our boss person would be happy to have a successful and famous bounty huter killing baddies with them!"
    Taking this as an invite, he had stocked up with some parts for ship upgrades as gifts, and was now almost an hour late. As the music in his ears pumped into his brain as usual, he headed towards "the Acorn" and realised he was embarking upon another journey to seek revenge...

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    It was past midnight and Zee sat in bed listening to the soft snores of the children who slept around her. Her eyes were closed and she listened intently to see if there were any sounds around her. Next to her side was a pathetic bundle of clothing, in which two pieses of dry bread were wrapped.

tick

tick

tick

Her time of escape was fast approaching. She willed her heart to stop racing and waited some more.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21