2 11.11%
  • |2| Bad

0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

1 5.56%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Actually, I think it didn't matter what Hashirama used, as long as it was fulled with his physically strengthened chakra. To simply put, Hashirama used his Wood as medium, while Kushina used her Chains, While Tobi used both, the Eyes and the Chains (thus the physical and spiritual restrictions, although separately).
    Thank you sir. Your post ties into my main point in that Tobi doesn't need to become the Juubi's jinchuriki. He just needs to control it which can be done quite easily given that he has the blood or the sage's descendants. I don't remember his exact boast from that chapter where he killed Konan but he either went on to say or alluded to having the blood of the sage himself. He wouldn't need to fuse with the Jinchuriki when other ways of controlling it would be so much simpler. Just looking at it with his Sharingan should be enough. But this leads to a rabbit hole of continuity issues which Kishimoto was probably hoping we'd just ignore. That being Tobi not actually needing to fuse with the Juubi in order to manifest its powers. We've seen Hashirama and Madara control the tailed beasts in various ways and if anything it seems that being a jinchuriki would be more of a limitation than anything else.

Where's this week's chapter? I see an active spoiler thread, but I'm not reading it... are there confirmed spoilers yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Actually, I think it didn't matter what Hashirama used, as long as it was fulled with his physically strengthened chakra. To simply put, Hashirama used his Wood as medium, while Kushina used her Chains, While Tobi used both, the Eyes and the Chains (thus the physical and spiritual restrictions, although separately).

This would imply that Yamato/Tenzou has some ties to the Uzumaki/Senju, or was just lucky to be born similar to Hashirama, since he seems to be the only one that have synchronized with his cells/blood properly, thus his physical energies are above of a normal ninja as well, though still far below Hashirama's (that's why, he concentrates on creating life-less, chopped, dead trees, while Hashirama with his abundant life force, could create living and breathing sea of trees and flowers).
    Don't really care what was used, just wanted to keep the definition of the term Jinchuuriki, and who was or was not a Jinchuuriki clear.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Where's this week's chapter? I see an active spoiler thread, but I'm not reading it... are there confirmed spoilers yet?
    they are confirmed according to the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by cypriottiger View Post
    Okay here's my theory behind this chapter:
    the dimension that kakashi sends objects to, and the one that we've seen tobi travel to with sasuke and karin are the same. furthermore when tobi phases, he sends his mass to this dimension (from now on referred to as "B") leaving his ghost body in the real world from now on referred to as "A".
    Now imagine A and B as two dimensions coexisting within the same space, overlapping, but unaffected by each other. So tobi's appearance in A while phased is not a genjutsu or illusion set up to make enemies think that he is tangible, but actually a remnant of his body while he is existing in B (this part im still working on). All his senses remain in A, that is the risk of the jutsu. He can only estimate what exists in B and where it is when he phases, but ultimately he is blind to dangers in B unless he teleports the traditional way.
    So hypothetically if tobi went to the same place in A where kakashi tore off diedara's arm, and then phased, he could trip over diedara's arm in B but appear to trip over nothing in A. Now when kakashi sent the kunai to B, tobi phased and because of this was still susceptible to the kunai and because of this it just grazed him.
    This is when my thoery becomes a bit flawed:
    When kakashi sent naruto's rasengan to B, tobi was phased but did not receive the hit immediately when his head passed the same region of space that the rasengan had been, but instead there was a delay.
    However what bothers me is the rasengan should have disappeared the moment naruto lost contact with it, as he could no longer maintain the chakra rotation and supply. The solution? There is a time delay between A's reality and B's reality, enough (id estimate 1 second) for tobi to move through naruto and then allow that impact on his arm that should have happened on his head.

I know theres a few holes in this like the time delay i just mentioned, so apart from those any thoughts?
    gotta love getting theories right apart from the time delay that wasnt needed, and it was partial movement to the other dimension

The "one jutsu" revelation has left me with two questions:

1. What about the instances where Tobi made his body extra hard? How does that play into dimension hopping? Is it a different jutsu altogether?

2. Tobi keeps reaching for Naruto's head, presumably to steal the Nine-Tails from him. How is that supposed to work? Is he just planning to hold Naruto in the other dimension and deal with him later? Does his warp jutsu somehow have the ability to pull only the Nine-Tails out? If so, then why bother with the Gedo Mazo extraction process?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    2. Tobi keeps reaching for Naruto's head, presumably to steal the Nine-Tails from him. How is that supposed to work? Is he just planning to hold Naruto in the other dimension and deal with him later? Does his warp jutsu somehow have the ability to pull only the Nine-Tails out? If so, then why bother with the Gedo Mazo extraction process?
    Are you Criss Angel? I ask because you just freaked my mind. Somehow I doubt Kishimoto even took that into account. What did they even need Orochimaru or the sealing technique for?

Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    The "one jutsu" revelation has left me with two questions:

1. What about the instances where Tobi made his body extra hard? How does that play into dimension hopping? Is it a different jutsu altogether?

I think Tobi was wearing/wore some kind of Armour under his clothes. I'll try to find a visual

On capturing Naruto, Tobi wants/wanted to incapacitate him, he doesn't care how bad the injury/damage, as long as Naruto remains alive

Note the Flexible armour along his arms. I know Tobi used to wear this all the time, but he doesn't seem to wear it anymore.
    Last edited by paulbee; 08-17-2012 at 03:07 AM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

tobi did say to himself that at this point it wouldnt matter if naruto died, ofc this could just be crappy translation but when you have time on your hands and can easily wait, then killing naruto and waiting for the kyubi to respawn seem like the easy way to do things.