NARUTO (the manga) different ???

ok........i was gettin bored n had nothin to do.......
    so i just randomly came up with this.......
    plz close this if it has been discussed before........

anyways...........i was thinkin
    is naruto (the manga) really different from other manga....
    i mean naruto's basically about good-deeds, morals n friendships.....
    but so r all the mangas......

just llike other mangas, the hero miracously overcomes unbelieveable (n i mean literally n which r not possible in real life) odds with his never-give-up attitude.....
    bad guys r shown godly at first then r reduced to a one-thing-wonder (one major weapon that if countered they r reduced to nothing)....

beside from the point of presentation.....is it really different than other mangas n how....
    ur views on this.......

The only difference I kinda see is that not all the good guys live, and that it seems like most of his peers are surpassing him in skill and strength and he sees this and is trying to change but is have a difficult time, it seems like hes taking a whole lot longer than most manga characters to get better but who knows maybe he'll knock one out of the park one day...
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    The only difference I kinda see is that not all the good guys live, and that it seems like most of his peers are surpassing him in skill and strength and he sees this and is trying to change but is have a difficult time, it seems like hes taking a whole lot longer than most manga characters to get better but who knows maybe he'll knock one out of the park one day...
    You think so? I think it's like all other Shounen manga. Let's for example take Naruto and Bleach, Naruto's stonger than practically all of the other students, Ichigo is stronger than his classmates, Kakashi is stronger than Naruto, Kisuke is stronger than Ichigo, most villians are stronger than Naruto, most villians are stronger than Ichigo, and it just keeps going on like that. :P

I agree with Mass Zero, Most shounen are the same, Some break the mold a little but not naruto.

Seinen FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Zero View Post
    You think so? I think it's like all other Shounen manga. Let's for example take Naruto and Bleach, Naruto's stonger than practically all of the other students, Ichigo is stronger than his classmates, Kakashi is stronger than Naruto, Kisuke is stronger than Ichigo, most villians are stronger than Naruto, most villians are stronger than Ichigo, and it just keeps going on like that.
    Well I mean in specific examples like Shikamaru is smarter than Naruto, Sasuke is better with ninjutsu than Naruto, Choji is probably stronger than Naruto, Rock Lee is better at Taijutsu than naruto, Ten Ten is better at weapon fighting than Naruto, dunno who Naruto is better than..maybe Ino or something but even she could probably own him. Honestly you gotta admit he gets lucky more than he plans his wins.
    A pie in the sky?

Veteran Member
    difference i see is the amazing forethought and awesomeness of the manga....

theres alot of references to other writings and crap, plus kishi is god.

by the way im shocked someone could even compare some B manga like bleach to a manga written by god himself

In all honesty I think Naruto is pretty decent, not brilliaint, but that's not to say it hasn't given me enjoyment. There's no problem in sticking with a formula, hell, I'm a sports manga fan, nothing is more formulaic than sports series, but where Naruto falls down is that it fails to really make things cool, the Sharingan is awesome, but Drag Queen Sasuke (Complete with fewkin' lipstick man!) at CS2, very weak, Giant Evil Raccoon Gaara, nah, KN4 looked like a bloody plushie! Shounen should be about sheer superficial coolness, and Bleach has that out of the wazoo, unfortunately, the writing in Bleach is so bizarrely wonky that it can't even do the formula properly. Bleh.

I enjoy Naruto, but too many times 'cool' moments have left me going "wtf is that supposed to be?"