View Poll Results: What did you think of the chapter?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • l5l Excellent

3 75.00%
  • l4l Great

1 25.00%
  • l3l Average

0 0%
  • l2l Bad

0 0%
  • l1l Terrible

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    The chapter implied that the dragons created the dragonslayers for a purpose, and since dragonslayers are supposed to excel at killing dragons, then that purpose is to kill a dragon. Seems like they're trying to get rid of Acnologia.
    Hmm... That makes a whole lot of sense. Especially since it seems Acnologia is the only dragon that has a real issue with humans (or well, everything). Guess we'll see if that's where the plot is headed in the upcoming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    OK, i dont want to be that guy, but im going to be that guy, Bacchus was booked as a bad ass, looked like it when he first showed up, looked like it in his first fight with elfman and looked like it when he was healed and elfman was not. but this is just sad, he looked so strong and know he get a one hit K.O. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? i get that there trying to show that Ichiya is more than just A joke but still ? i though a draw or something would have been better have him on par with Bacchus, not K.O. ing him with on hit.

thats my only problem with the chapter, all and all it was a great chapter and ill get over it lol. still liked it though. we get our big D.S. battle next week WOOOOOOOOOO.
    Wouldn't read too much into that fight. That was a comedic relief fight no matter how you look at it. No sense of seriousness at all. So it clearly wasn't meant to be taken serious despite the outcome. Considering that Erza gave him such high praise when he was introduced, I really wouldn't see Bacchus losing to Ichiya without assistance from the Hand of God (Mashima), as was the case in this fight.

Just for the record, it was either a weird translation or a mistake, the name is Gajeel, not Gazell!

And like everyone else, the Ichiya part was stupid, liked everything else!

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Vicelogia, it's (probably) the Shadow Dragon, since it sounds a little like Acnologia, maybe family ? Then that means that the White Dragon is Skyadrum.

This is for those that forgot how the Dragoons looked like:
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

BTW. Remember this ?:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Fairy Law - powerful magic targeting everyone that is considered an enemy of the guild:
    ---> Range - at least the range of a big town and it's outskirts, probably dependent on the user;
    ---> Power - takes down most enemies, although it's probably dependent on the user;
    ---> Cost - a pretty big amount of magic power (?);
    ---> Skill - at least S-rank mage;
    ---> Counter/Block-ability - Grimmoire Law - completely shuts it down, otherwise, unblock-able ?
    ---> Users(known): every FT master beside the one governing over the 7 missing years, Laxus;
    ---> Employed(in the series): at least a couple times.

Fairy Glitter - powerful one-hit-kill magic that gathers the energy from the Moon, Sun and Stars; currently can be used only once, until it is re-given by Mavis:
    ---> Range - from one to few people;
    ---> Power - over the scale, it is the final execution technique of FT, although it still depends on the user;
    ---> Cost - at least an S-rank magic potential is needed/pretty big amount of magic power;
    ---> Skill - at least a candidate for the S-rank test of FT (so probably A and above);
    ---> Counter/Block-ability - can be broken, for example by extreme level of Gravity power;
    ---> Users(known): Mavis, Cana;
    ---> Employed: twice.

Tenrou's Magic (TM) - divine protection, that saves from death and strengthens magic power of everyone with FT crest, it's effects are greatly reduced outside of Tenrou Island:
    ---> Range - unlimited (?), but limited effects from being afar from TI; affects those with FT crest;
    ---> Power - it's source is the prayers, hope and resolution of everyone brimming the crest;
    ---> Cost - the will itself;
    ---> Skill - none, it works regardless of skill in magic;
    ---> Counter/Block-ability - as long as Tenrou Tree is safe, it can't be blocked, otherwise, taking control of TI Magic, allows you to drain magic power from those with Ft Crest;
    ---> Users: all FT members;
    ---> Employed: constantly, beside one known point in time.
    Sorry, I made a little mistake there . The TM is only a diversification of the 3rd Great Fairy Magic (GFM), called "Fairy Sphere" (description in the spoiler pic ):
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Zero; 07-28-2012 at 06:06 PM.

I wonder what Zeref's been doing for the past 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    I wonder what Zeref's been doing for the past 7 years.
    Sleeping, it's not like he was doing anything before, right ? After all, he already said that he can no longer stop the coming end of this era.

Ichiya is awesome dude.

I just had the crazy idea, but what if Igneel is the bad guy? The way they portrayed him in this chapter looked like he was not only taunting the two dragons, but also waiting for his moment to do...something bad. Knowing Mashima, he could troll all of us with a sudden change in character just like that. I hope I am 99% wrong, cuz there is always that 1% that could happen.

most of the plots are the spoiler! i expect the four dragon slavers fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Rykimaruh View Post
    I just had the crazy idea, but what if Igneel is the bad guy? The way they portrayed him in this chapter looked like he was not only taunting the two dragons, but also waiting for his moment to do...something bad. Knowing Mashima, he could troll all of us with a sudden change in character just like that. I hope I am 99% wrong, cuz there is always that 1% that could happen.
    You do realize that the only time he looked cute/good was in the flashback that Natsu had (?), when he was taking care of a little Natsu, right ? In every other pic he looks like a bad guy, or a good guy that pretends to not be so carrying (I think the Sky Dragon has pointed that out).

I understood his words as: "Were they really capable of killing a dragon (reaching the dream of Humans surpassing Dragons), or have their parents allowed it ? Let's see how they fare against my child".

You have to wonder why on the Dragon's King Festival, beside Humans and Dragons, Demons appear as well... this could mean that the Dragon King, is a Demon King as well...

I wonder how will the Dragon of Apocalypse react to the death of the Shadow & White Dragons, especially the Shadow one, since their names are similar (?).

The Demons from the Eclipse might actually be the source of the GodSlayer magic (since each elements gains a dark/black color).

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I wonder how will the Dragon of Apocalypse react to the death of the Shadow & White Dragons, especially the Shadow one, since their names are similar (?).
    No reaction at all. There's a reason why there's no Black Dragon Slayer. That's because the Black Dragon could give two shits about a human.