• |3| Average

1 5.88%
  • |2| Bad

0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    Ummmm.....is absolutely no one worried about Kenpachi? Sure he took out 3 strenies, but we now know that anyone can die and Kenny is face to face wit Buckbeard. Buckbeard the same dude that can blow your head off by snapping his fingers.

I hope Ken makes it out of this alive
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Spade View Post
    Ummmm.....is absolutely no one worried about Kenpachi? Sure he took out 3 strenies, but we now know that anyone can die and Kenny is face to face wit Buckbeard. Buckbeard the same dude that can blow your head off by snapping his fingers.

25% of me is worried.... 75% actually thinks kenpachi would not die.... because of kubo's comment that he has plans for kenpachi upgrade in terms of power in a comment in the recent novel.....i think he'd be beaten/defeated if the boss fights him especially if its 2 on 1.....

He didn't mention anything about byakuya unless i miss something/spoilers and stuff<---but its still a surprise that he was the one who first "died" this brutally... its really a surprise... i would have expected kumamura lols

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Spade View Post

Don't worry, Yamamoto will probably jump out from somewhere leaving Kenpachi to fight against the white one (right now, Kenpachi is probably the second strongest captain within SS).

Now that I think about it, there were signs that Byakuya will die somewhere at the beginning of this arc . After the SS arc, the only roles he was left with were:
    - a captain - there are still some Vizards on earth, so no problem with this,
    - a "loving & overprotecting brother" - Rukia has become stronger/more mature (?) and Byakuye even allowed her to be VC, in others words, this role was loosing it's purpose as well (slowly, but it will have a bigger impact if he dies),
    - a member of the Kuchiki within the rank of Gotei 13 - Rukia can take this place, since she is a Kuchiki,
    - a purpose/barrier/reason for Renji to get stronger - after the deal with Aizen, overcoming Kuchiki lost it's meaning as well, not fully, but really overcoming Aizen is a much greater ambition.

there better not be a mass revival later or I will be disapointed, and if Kenpachi has shikai then even Buckbeard is doomed.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Kenpachi won't beat Buckbeard. It's already been established that Buckbeard is Yamamoto's destined battle this arc. So either the fight gets interrupted or Buckbeard steamrolls Kenpachi.

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    Byakuya was offed for one reason. He was the only one that could be gotten rid of and draw some sort of acceptable public opinion.
    He had a good fan base, but a lot of people didnt like him either. Remember he was a semi-villian in the "Rescue Rukia Arc".

Toushiro: He is too much of a fan favorite to be killed off. He's okay, but not a favorite of mine, but everyone else seems to like him.

Kenpachi: Same deal as Toushiro. Even further, he has too much of a fan base. There would be uproar I tell you.

Soifon: Nobody would care.

Komamaru: Nobody would care.

Shusui: Not sure about everyone else, but I would be upset. Hoping he has a good part in this arc.

Onohana: Not sure if she died during the Aizen arc or what. She has been M.I.A., resulting in me concluding that nobody would care.

Ukitake: I'm hoping he plays a role in this arc too.

Any Visard: I think the public would be upset if someone like Shinji was offed.

Sooooo, sorry Byakuya. Someone had to go. Dont worry, Captain Commander will be joing you soon.

R.I.P Byakuya
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

Is that supposed to be German?

I don't know if anyone realized it, but there is hardly any German expression in this Manga that is used correctly. The Quincies are matching the typical German stereotypes: scientifically brillant, perfectly prepared, without any compassion, and hard to deal with. If it just were true...

But seriously: What is Toden Engel supposed to mean (it should be "Todesengel"), or Letzt Stil (I guess they mean "Letzte Stille"), Quincy Vollstandig is at least comprehensible, Sklaverei (slavery) is correctly written, although it doesn't make any sense. I'd really like to know what's the sense of abusing the German language.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Huh ? A rival, no not really, not at all. Byakuya was Ichigo's first (of many) mayor enemy which Kurosaki had to encounter a few times until he was strong enough to take him on (later on was Grimjow, Ulq, Aizen).
    Perhaps you're right.

However, I meant rival in terms of Ichigo obtaining & actually basing his bankai (speed) on the thought of defeating Byakuya.

Byakuya's abilities warped Ichigo into a sense of inferiority that he felt he had to overcome. No other opponent inspired such a long lasting change in Ichigo. He still uses his bankai as his top move now. In fact shikai's and bankai's are suppose to be similar. Every one elses shikai is a reflection of their bankai. Everyone except Ichigo that is. That's because he allowed a personal vendetta w/ Byakuya to mold his bankai training.

Grimmjow was I dare say fun, Ulquiorra was a challenge, Aizen was a necessity. Byakuya was a "fuck you" type deal lol.

The mask is gone (grimmjow), the hollow form s gone (ulquiorra), the final form is gone (aizen). The speed based bankai remains (byakuya).

i'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakritze View Post
    I don't know if anyone realized it, but there is hardly any German expression in this Manga that is used correctly. The Quincies are matching the typical German stereotypes: scientifically brillant, perfectly prepared, without any compassion, and hard to deal with. If it just were true...

But seriously: What is Toden Engel supposed to mean (it should be "Todesengel"), or Letzt Stil (I guess they mean "Letzte Stille"), Quincy Vollstandig is at least comprehensible, Sklaverei (slavery) is correctly written, although it doesn't make any sense. I'd really like to know what's the sense of abusing the German language.
    You'd have to speak to Kubo and/or the translators about that. If it's on Kubo, it's likely he wrote the German in the way he would pronounce it in Japanese, hence the discrepancies. The translators just followed suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubiz632 View Post
    In fact shikai's and bankai's are suppose to be similar. Every one elses shikai is a reflection of their bankai. Everyone except Ichigo that is. That's because he allowed a personal vendetta w/ Byakuya to mold his bankai training.
    Soifon would have something to say about that, seeing as how her Shikai is basically a needle, but her Bankai is a nuke lol. She's kinda in a similar, but opposite circumstance with Ichigo. Ichigo's Shikai is a meat cleaver, but his Bankai is a legit katana.

The chapter was little more than a drawn out flip-page filler, which I'll admit, was only redeemed by its last few pages illustrating Byakuya's death and Kenpachi's grim reaper-esque arrival.

I am certain now that Kubo is going to unlock Orihime's full potential and revert the SS back to "zero."