• |3| Average

1 5.88%
  • |2| Bad

0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    You do remember that even Grimmjow said that the Negacion he trapped Ulquiorra in wasn't a permanent seal, don't you?

Now then, disregarding that, you do know that the cage was specifically designed for trapping Ichigo, don't you? Remember, their plan was to trap Ichigo in Hueco Mundo while the Quincy force goes to decimate SS. It only makes sense that Ichigo's having a ridiculously tough time breaking out. Such is the case when someone designs a device/technique specifically to keep you from doing something.
    No, it wasn't designed for Ichigo and a half dead person created that prison, it can't be strong or permanent, it would have been stupid if it were (unless there is some trick behind it).

That Quinces specialty was Jail creation, but he himself was way below Ichigo and when he created that thing he was half dead, he wasn't in the Quincy Last mode and most of the Beast's power he absorbed have vanished already.

The thing that Grim used was supposedly to last for a month or so, IIRC, Ulq just broke out of it sooner just like Grimjow mentioned he would.

It was luck, they didn't know that Ichigo would go to SS, rather they were surprised.

Opie was the commanding officer of the brigade that captured stronger arrancers, because of his specialty.

Opie himself thought that he can defeat Ichigo, or at least stop him for a while, he was surprised by Ichigo's performance.

It's unknown if he was pretending to be dead/unconsciousness after Urahara's attack or just woke up at the right moment (lucky as hell they indeed are ;p), but he was clearly able to hurt Urahara, close the door on both sides and even create a cage around Ichigo (with his speed he should just dodge it, especially since he already saw one arrow past him that closed the portal on SS's ends, but oh well...).

One of the most important rules/things in Bleach, is Reiatsu Power level, It doesn't matter how hax your ability is, if your Reiatsu level is way below your opponents level, it won't work (it's one of the reasons why, even though having the most hax ability in the manga, Aizen still needed a greater Reiatsu level to even face the opponents he intended to defeat).

This would mean that Opie's level is more or less similar to Ichigo's, thus his specialty worked on him, or as you can guess, based on Quinces powers, the cage is powered by the prisoners reiatsu, which would explain why Ichigo can't break the cage with his own power.

Chapters 499 and 500 seem to suggest that Opie's specific purpose was to stop Ichigo from reaching SS ( Ch. 499, P. 15, also shows how he was able to move despite his injury), even going so far as to be supposedly given the ability to accomplish that task by Buckbeard (Ch. 500, P. 16). So, provided I interpreted the meaning of his line right in that page, it wouldn't have mattered how strong Opie was for the technique to do its job.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    Chapters 499 and 500 seem to suggest that Opie's specific purpose was to stop Ichigo from reaching SS ( Ch. 499, P. 15, also shows how he was able to move despite his injury), even going so far as to be supposedly given the ability to accomplish that task by Buckbeard (Ch. 500, P. 16). So, provided I interpreted the meaning of his line right in that page, it wouldn't have mattered how strong Opie was for the technique to do its job.
    He got that mission after they obtained the information that Ichigo appeared in HM, it's one of the reasons why they started their war campaign sooner (Chapter 489 p. 14). His mission was changed due to new circumstances. Originally, most likely, Opie wouldn't even face Ichigo. The Emperor mentions that if he fights Opie, then he won't be able to move for awhile, it means that Opie can hold Ichigo back in HM with his over all power or his specialty.

Beside here he mention his new orders (Chapter 490 p. 12) and here he mentions them again (Chapter 499 p. 15), which are different now, yet this page Chapter 489 p. 14, suggest that the second one is correct (Chapter 499 p. 15). Funny enough it would mean that the mangastream translation just denied itself in the next/previous chapter, since Opie used the "", or it's his lie or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    Byakuya's not dying from that.
    Byakuya disagrees.

Little Byakuya is hacked to pieces. Kuchiki salad!
    Kubo is the boss! This is how you make a war! People die, people are slaughtered, famous characters get killed off. Unlike certain other war with ninjas in them...

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    PS. If Kubo really wishes to impress me He should kill Orihime off. (that should be a real attitude adjustment for Ichigo).
    What's with the Orihime hate...

Quote Originally Posted by Anubiz632 View Post
    I agree 1000%.

I don't mind Byakuya dying but the way he did pissed me off royally! Byakuya was essentially Ichigo's rival, so to see him drop like that is pure bullshit! I know Kubo wanted to elicit a response from his fan-base and he certainly did.

If Byakuya remains dead with no revival, his death will anger me even more than now.
    This is war. People die senseless deaths.

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    How long has Ichigo been trapped in that dimension? When he was training (Mugetsu) didnt months go by in that dimension while only days went by in the real world? If thats the case, to Ichigo shouldnt it feel like hes been in there for months? Hell, I'd just do some more training so when I get out I would be at a level where I could one-shot every Quincy.
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Spade View Post
    How long has Ichigo been trapped in that dimension? When he was training (Mugetsu) didnt months go by in that dimension while only days went by in the real world? If thats the case, to Ichigo shouldnt it feel like hes been in there for months? Hell, I'd just do some more training so when I get out I would be at a level where I could one-shot every Quincy.
    Actually, he is in a different space than before, he is between the HR and HM, he hasn't reached yet the tunnel that connects HR with SS, it's even possible that there is no connection between HM and SS, since only HR and SS are on the same scale, even though there is a connection between HM and HR...

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    I'm assuming HR means Human Realm? If it doesnt then what does HR mean.

At first I was like, HR? Human Resources maybe? I guess I could understand if SS had a Human Resources office. Especially with Byakuya just getting fired.

Imagine Bleach is an actual company:
    **The PA System announces**: Byakuya Kuchiki, Kubo Tite would like to see you in his office please.
    Byakuya passes several characters from Bleach on his way to Kubo's office
    Kenpachi: Told you to try an eye patch, it woulda helped your image, but nnnnnoooooo.!
    Rukia: nnniiiiiiii-sssssaaaaammmmmaaaa!
    Ichigo: Sucks to be you! I'm not going no where!
    Mayuri: Sorry I'm late what just happened?
    Yamamato: We needed to downsize. Mr. Tite just let Kuchiki go.

On a serious note, so according to your description, Ichigo would need to go from HM to HR and then to SS? Would he need to exit a gate everytime? He leaves HM to go to HR where he exits a gate, then opens another gate which leads to SS. Am I getting that right?
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Dai View Post
    Little Byakuya is hacked to pieces. Kuchiki salad!
    Kubo is the boss! This is how you make a war! People die, people are slaughtered, famous characters get killed off. Unlike certain other war with ninjas in them...

What's with the Orihime hate...

This is war. People die senseless deaths.
    I see, in war people die senseless deaths (Unlike certain other war with ninjas in them...), Except for Orihime of course, That would be Hating

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !