• |3| Average

1 4.76%
  • |2| Bad

0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

9 42.86%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Notable tidbits

1. The panel after the 10 tails is said to have vanished shows naruto with a contemplative expression but most importantly, his eyes are closed. Could very well be from the disappointmen of 10 tails getting away. Could be because also he didn't save his new bijuu buddies from Tobi's scheme. However, that's also indication for gathering natural energy and molding sage chakra. The following vertical chase showed naruto being pushed back for the first time in a while; implying he was gathering natural energy under focus.

2. Kakashi's kunai. It passed through tobi and was kamui'd into redirection. It struck tobi's foot while he was solid. Kakashi just got a sweet detail there. I really hope he had chakra strings attached or ninja wire, he could effectively pull off a similar move the 4th performed with the chains during the minato vs. Tobi fight. Kakashi, like shikimaru, does not needlessly waste chakra on ineffective jutsu. That kunai was step 1 in the soon to be victory in this particular battle against tobi.

3. Gai's weapon blocked tobi's fan (solid) without gai being knocked away outright. Could be meaningless but likely has significance if kakashi's kunai had more to it.

4. Just noticed that tobi's helmet rises higher than his old mask. The helmet now has a shape to account for a zetsu shaped flytraps head. I guess if tobi is a zetsu originally then the madara itachi met was a zetsu replication of madara using his chakra. Tobi can then appear to be anyone depending on the chakra signature he chooses. Really no point thinking tobi is anybody at all other than a "mime" hosted in a zetsu body. He could be anybody he wants whenever he wants.
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

Tobi's mask has a crack now, does it mean that kishi will release the question who Tobi is? if is, it must be very very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by knife eater View Post
    Notable tidbits

1. The panel after the 10 tails is said to have vanished shows naruto with a contemplative expression but most importantly, his eyes are closed. Could very well be from the disappointmen of 10 tails getting away. Could be because also he didn't save his new bijuu buddies from Tobi's scheme. However, that's also indication for gathering natural energy and molding sage chakra. The following vertical chase showed naruto being pushed back for the first time in a while; implying he was gathering natural energy under focus.

2. Kakashi's kunai. It passed through tobi and was kamui'd into redirection. It struck tobi's foot while he was solid. Kakashi just got a sweet detail there. I really hope he had chakra strings attached or ninja wire, he could effectively pull off a similar move the 4th performed with the chains during the minato vs. Tobi fight. Kakashi, like shikimaru, does not needlessly waste chakra on ineffective jutsu. That kunai was step 1 in the soon to be victory in this particular battle against tobi.

3. Gai's weapon blocked tobi's fan (solid) without gai being knocked away outright. Could be meaningless but likely has significance if kakashi's kunai had more to it.

4. Just noticed that tobi's helmet rises higher than his old mask. The helmet now has a shape to account for a zetsu shaped flytraps head. I guess if tobi is a zetsu originally then the madara itachi met was a zetsu replication of madara using his chakra. Tobi can then appear to be anyone depending on the chakra signature he chooses. Really no point thinking tobi is anybody at all other than a "mime" hosted in a zetsu body. He could be anybody he wants whenever he wants.
    1 - He was Sensing on Tobi's postion - that is why he had his eyes closed, he sensing where tobi would appear.

2 - He phased through the Kunai, then as it exitted his body Tobi kicked it towards Naruto. Kakshi did nothing beyond throw it.

3 - Guys technique for fighting Tobi is sweet. He just stikes at whatever point of his body that Tobi is trying to touch.

I thought it was a good chapter. I am a little disipointed by Naruto though. He is supposed to be as quick as Minato, yet Tobi can keep up with him......the fastest ninja in the entire series cant outrun tobi when he charges??? I know Tobi is stronger now than when he fought Minato (Rinnegan) but still it is a little hard to believe. I kind of felt that Naruto needed another powerup (other Bijuu's chakra's) to fight Tobi evenly - Tobi is THAT strong.

I think Naruto would fight better against Edo Madara than Tobi and that Sasuke stands a better chance of fighting Tobi on even keel, so they need to swap somehow. Kurama is the only one who would stand a chance against Madara's Sussanoo, and Sasuke could use the Sharingan to predict where tobi would be. Sasukes Susannoo may even keep tobi away from him, giving ample time to fire off Ameratsu.
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    The virginity is strong in this one.

Notable tidbits

I've visited a few forums, and the most common mis-read/misinterpretation of this chapter is that the 10-tails vanished. Read more closely, and it's not the 10-tails that moved, but Tobi. Just as Kakashi's Kamui was negated by Tobi (which stopped the 10-tails from being warped, you can see the 10-tails in front of Kakashi when his technique fails), Naruto's MiniBijuudama exploded next to Tobi's location. The problem is, the "explosion" is only drawn as a white background with rocks flying, which is the same as half this chapter, so a lot of people aren't sure what they're supposed to be noticing. After that, Tobi is said to have "vanished", and Naruto immediately closes his eyes to concentrate on sensing Tobi's malice before Tobi reappears.

I wish Kishi had taken the time to show more closeups of the impending Bijuudama, and also a larger/clearer picture of the destruction... not only did the manga come off as unclear, but the technique felt shortchanged. I'd rather have seen it drawn in such a way that it actually looked like a realistic threat. I mean, Tobi effectively teleported himself to a safe distance in the split second before the explosion reached him, which shows Yellow Flash level reflexes.

One wonders why Naruto and Co., who have the superior numbers, are using their combined power to play by Tobi's rules and attack him... why can't Naruto create a large number of clones to attack the Mazou? Even with his Rinnegan, Tobi couldn't help to defend against all those Bijuudama, especially if Bee joined in, although Tobi might simply un-summon the statue and warp away to complete his plan elsewhere.

Funny enough, from the Mini Bijuudama, Kamui and a Nunchaku, the Nunchaku was the most effective ;P.

Kakashi had noticed something... I'm not sure but it looked more like Tobi has thrown his fan in between the Mazou and Kakashi to cancel Kamui, rather than just canceling it with a doujutsu... or, it showed how the fan splitted the rock, because Tobi had to stop his phasing jutsu to stop Kakashi's Kamui (I think this one is correct).

The mask has cracked and next week, we come back to Edodara, or Sasuke , or what heck, to Kabuto to see his redemption ;P.

Oh right, I almost forgot. Looks like most people were wrong. The statue isn't made of wood, but of clay (see the color page).

Hey, you guys are right. I forgot to put in tidbit #1 if naruto was also trying to sense, nice save from now on kishi better keep that face consistent. With naruto's malice radar. Also, ya, i read two translations both saying "disappeared" but the dialogue sequence does not fit the image
    Sequence very well and was tricky discerning the right conclusion
    I did see the 10 tails in a following panel but there is just too much flying debri and clutter to make some things out.

I still think the kunai was partly a feint or probe to measure something in preparation for his next attack

I am bothered by the malice radar. Naruto was clearly trying to focus and if he was trying to sense tobi's whereabouts then it seems it wont work on him. Naruto got caught by surprise so tobi either has no residual presence when he phases or nothing detectable at all.
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

Hey, you guys are right. I forgot to put in tidbit #1 if naruto was also trying to sense, nice save from now on kishi better keep that face consistent. With naruto's malice radar. Also, ya, i read two translations both saying "disappeared" but the dialogue sequence does not fit the image
    Sequence very well and was tricky discerning the right conclusion
    I did see the 10 tails in a following panel but there is just too much flying debri and clutter to make some things out.

I still think the kunai was partly a feint or probe to measure something in preparation for his next attack

I am bothered by the malice radar. Naruto was clearly trying to focus and if he was trying to sense tobi's whereabouts then it seems it wont work on him. Naruto got caught by surprise so tobi either has no residual presence when he phases or nothing detectable at all.
    I don't think we're meant to see it as Naruto being caught by surprise or his Malice Radar failing him, but rather that Naruto was able to react in time thanks to his Malice Radar. I agree it might have been nice to see a look of realization or something prior to Tobi emerging from the rock. And yeah, Naruto wasn't able to tell where Tobi would appear from until Tobi actually reappeared inside the rock; Tobi's malice can probably be sensed while intangible, but probably not once he's totally invisible/warped; it's similar to how Hinata could no longer find Tobi's chakra once Tobi warped himself away from Shino's bugs.

Cool chapter, though I'm really hoping the focus stays here now, the jumping around has been rather annoying. None the less, I really think the next chapter will be interesting, don't know what will happen but still, it should be.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Naruto is probably using these exchanges to figure out Tobi's abilities and plan his strategy... hopefully Kakashi and Guy can buy enough time for Naruto to come up with something big. Guy was awesome in this chapter, but Kakashi's trump card was used somewhat wastefully. And while it's nice to see that Kakashi can use his Raikiri with Kunai, but why hasn't he done this earlier in the series?
    + 1, Guy was the man this chapter. Guy is making up for the lack of Lee in this arc. Lmao@ he even impressed Naruto with the no-look block.

+I kinda wish Bee were involved in these exchanges. He's an expert at taijutsu, and is quite fast/strong himself. There's no reason for him to sit in Bijuu mode.
    This has been one of the most fustrating things these last 50+ chapters. Why is Bee still in Bijuu mode? Like you said, his taijutsu is beyond formidable. Plus he still has the Kisame sword. I forgot the name because it's been a complete non-factor ever since Kisame died.

Mini-Bijuudama is awesome, I wonder if Naruto will ever be able to throw it. However, what's the deal with him needing a clone to create it, when he could just use multiple Kyuubi Arms to do the same thing? He's overcome his "Looking Right and Left at the Same Time" issue and can create Rasenshuriken without clones, so why is this Bijuudama any different?
    The clone could have been used as a distraction. A mini "Bijuudamashurikin". Dont worry he'll figure it out.

Tobi seems to be able to completely negate Kakashi's Kamui... that provides further evidence for linking Tobi's phasing / warping powers with Kamui. Personally, I think Tobi can stop the Kamui in the same way Sasuke can stop his own Amaterasu.
    I thought the Mezo negated Kakashi's Kamui. I couldnt imagine Kakashi warping something that powerful, even if he was only trying to warp a small part of it.

Notable tidbits

2.) Ninja wires would be awesome.
    3.) Small detail, but a good catch on your part. Guy is badass. Tobi was kncoking Naruto all over the place, but Guy wasnt budging at all.
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Spade View Post
    This has been one of the most fustrating things these last 50+ chapters. Why is Bee still in Bijuu mode? Like you said, his taijutsu is beyond formidable. Plus he still has the Kisame sword. I forgot the name because it's been a complete non-factor ever since Kisame died.
    I suspect Bee's still in Bijuu form to attempt to stop the Mazou statue should it move to attack, otherwise they're all screwed if it attacks and there's no one to combat it.